+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer of Employment, Employment Records - Mechanical Engineer, Letter of Employment. Difference?

batman12345

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am a little confused on the 3 sections that I have to upload files on Offer of Employment, Employment Records - Mechanical Engineer, Letter of Employment. Could someone tell me the exact difference and what they uploaded according to their experience?
I have only been with one employer in Canada and still with the same employer...

I am thinking:
offer of employment = the contract given to me at the beginning?
Employment record = should I just post my pay stubs and T4? don't have letter for this
Letter of employment = I got one that states my duties, how long i worked, salary, ....

am I right on that. could someone clarify please

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi everyone,

I am a little confused on the 3 sections that I have to upload files on Offer of Employment, Employment Records - Mechanical Engineer, Letter of Employment. Could someone tell me the exact difference and what they uploaded according to their experience?
I have only been with one employer in Canada and still with the same employer...

I am thinking:
offer of employment = the contract given to me at the beginning?
Nope. Offer of employment is only if you are claiming to have a "valid job offer" in the future, valid for at least one year after you become a PR. You only need this if you claimed the bonus points for arranged employment / valid job offer.

Employment record = should I just post my pay stubs and T4? don't have letter for this
Yes, this can be variety of things, like T4, NOA, (paystubs - usually not needed), Record of employment (for past Canadian employers).

Letter of employment = I got one that states my duties, how long i worked, salary, ....
yes, and don't forget hours worked per week...