+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer and Letter of Employment vs Employment Record

Ballunatic

Jan 4, 2021
Hi wonderful people,

I received an invitation and am going through the Canadian Experience Class stream.

I'd like to know what are the differences among: Offer of Employment, Employment Records, and Letter of Employment? I worked for a company from January 2020 to February 2021, I started a new job on March 1, 2021. My guess is that Offer of Employment and Letter of Employment will be from the new company and Employment Records will be from the old company?

Thanks for your help!

Harryy02

Mar 2, 2021
Hi All, must you provide paystubs for each and every month you worked for a single employer or just a couple slips will be fine for proving work experience? Also, what if I use only T4+reference letter as proof of work experience without paystubs? Anyone here with similar experience can share please? Thanks

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi wonderful people,

I received an invitation and am going through the Canadian Experience Class stream.

I'd like to know what are the differences among: Offer of Employment, Employment Records, and Letter of Employment? I worked for a company from January 2020 to February 2021, I started a new job on March 1, 2021. My guess is that Offer of Employment and Letter of Employment will be from the new company and Employment Records will be from the old company?

Thanks for your help!
Employment record or letter of employment is for both experiences.

Offer of employment is something you'll need to upload if you claimed 50 points for secured employment along with supporting LMIA.

Hi All, must you provide paystubs for each and every month you worked for a single employer or just a couple slips will be fine for proving work experience? Also, what if I use only T4+reference letter as proof of work experience without paystubs? Anyone here with similar experience can share please? Thanks
You must provide support or evidence for the whole time. OF COURSE, for every single week your worked there. Not for just a couple.

You could but you risk seeing your application refused. Go ahead, but why risk it? You should be willing to make a an effort preparing a strong enough application. It is your onus to provide enough evidence, a LOE +T4 could be seen as insufficient, if you ask me, very easily.

So the smart thing and prepare a strong application. Or not, your loss, no-one else's.