waived
Passport Req..
12/9/2011.
VISA ISSUED...
28/9/2011
LANDED..........
24/5/2012
hi all

just received a slightly odd email from my vo (in reply to an email i'd sent a month back and pretty much forgotten about regarding how they would like me to send copies of new children's passports, which were about to lapse)

here it is

Dear Ms. jade77 ;),

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the
Skilled worker category. Your application ins process. You will be
informed about the further steps in your application in due course ( by
e-mail ).

Yours sincerely,

as you can see there are typos in the letter, so it can't be a standard reply. I know I'm 'in process', as per ecas, so no new information there. however, i'm confused by the final "by e-mail" which they've added - I'm waiting for meds requests, I know those come in the regular mail - so what does this mean? I believe rejection letters come in the regular mail as well, so I'm hoping that's not it (we're fine point-wise and all our docs are ok, we had a request for additional documents last year which we complied with) - so what is this? will they be asking for additional documents? is this an indication they are looking actively at our file and the meds requests should be on their way soon? i'm confused...

thanks for any ideas you'd like to share, esp. if you or someone you know (of) has received a similar email

all the best everyone :)

medusa

Star Member
Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/4/2010
Doc's Request.
8/7/2010
AOR Received.
3/11/2010
Med's Request
27/05/2011.
Med's Done....
14/6/2011. received london 27/6/2011.
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12/9/2011.
VISA ISSUED...
28/9/2011
LANDED..........
24/5/2012
so here i am - posting the only 'reply' to my own thread...

ppl, any ideas??? could i be the only one to ever have received an e-mail like this?

it's no big deal, right, but brainstorming with you guys has always helped in the past...

hope someone responds, can't believe over 100 ppl viewed the post but had nothing to say :-[

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
How would someone get the name Ms. Jade77 for you? This is SO unprofessional and I would be extremely surprised if it came from a government agency.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
How would someone get the name Ms. Jade77 for you? This is SO unprofessional and I would be extremely surprised if it came from a government agency.
Yes I second Pippin....Did you apply by yourself or through agent? It seems the mail was responded with irrelevance (they supposed to acknowledge receiving ur child passport info which in many case they might not acknowledge or mention)...Did you also ask for the update of your file?

medusa

Star Member
Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/4/2010
Doc's Request.
8/7/2010
AOR Received.
3/11/2010
Med's Request
27/05/2011.
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12/9/2011.
VISA ISSUED...
28/9/2011
LANDED..........
24/5/2012
@pippin, fariza - you're pulling my leg, right? ::) or trying to let me know in a nice way that my question is silly (as silly as the comments you've posted in response - of course the email had my surname in it, but i'm not going to post that here, am I? the email is totally legit, it came from the address my vo standardly uses for replying - when they chooose to reply, that is, as they don't always do so)

but i don't think my question is that spurious - it really does seem odd to me that they would send emails with typos as a standard reply...

anyway, i'll stick to qorax's advice and send a case-specific inquiry in about 10 days time (5 months since 2nd aor).

thanx for posting though, pulled my thread up in the line at least.

all the best

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
SPURIOUS, eh? :D Honestly, I wasn't pulling your leg OR taking the Mick. In a small way I wanted to bring your question up in the line to get more input, but I did think they had sent it to MsJade77, so I guess the joke's on me! Their spelling errors are surprising. Any time Qorax gives you a suggestion it is a good idea to follow it. Hope you get your MR soon. Good Luck.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Pippin said:

Yes, i also got a letter from my visa office one time. It was so unprofessional also. It is only when i order Caips and he wrote notes on my Caips in French , that i realized he was a French speaker and could not write well in English. ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I guess it is also the case with you.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here Medusa... Didn't have any intention to pull your leg...or treat you with silly spurious!!! Rather tried to stand beside as most of the member in this forum tried to when not a definite answer or clue to provide......Its not hard to realize how it feels like having something like this odd mail with the very generic response....specially in a tensed wait time... Be assured I have been also going through similar wait game... Anyway wish you will have your MR soon

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surprising ! too.we , the general forum members try to understand the case step by step . and then seek some ways out for the people looking for assistance.what a new trend !

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
check the sending domain? some one might played a joke with u.

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zulkfal said:
check the sending domain? some one might played a joke with u.
dear
it happened earlier with some of the applicants in the forum! if you follow the case of "canadaforall"
strange !

medusa

Star Member
Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/4/2010
Doc's Request.
8/7/2010
AOR Received.
3/11/2010
Med's Request
27/05/2011.
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12/9/2011.
VISA ISSUED...
28/9/2011
LANDED..........
24/5/2012
the email's legit. could be a french speaker... could be someone typing quickly, could be...

at this point, i've decided to think of it as 'they're looking at my case right now and packing those meds requests into an envelope and sending them on to me... should be here soon!" ;D ;D ;D

i've noticed that there was someone whose 2nd aor is november as well, i think, who got theire meds request, so i'm feeling hopeful.

don't know exactly what's been happening with canadaforall though i do remember this person had problems with police certificates that were requested without good reason or something like that. hope it works out for him, hope it works out for all of us.

anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts everyone (@pittabread - glad you're enjoying my extensive english vocab ;)) - hopefully not much longer to wait. when i've done as qorax has suggested (he said wait five months - just a few more days now) i will post and let you know how things are working out.

all the best :)

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
medusa said:
the email's legit. could be a french speaker... could be someone typing quickly, could be...

at this point, i've decided to think of it as 'they're looking at my case right now and packing those meds requests into an envelope and sending them on to me... should be here soon!" ;D ;D ;D

i've noticed that there was someone whose 2nd aor is november as well, i think, who got theire meds request, so i'm feeling hopeful.

don't know exactly what's been happening with canadaforall though i do remember this person had problems with police certificates that were requested without good reason or something like that. hope it works out for him, hope it works out for all of us.

anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts everyone ( @ pittabread - glad you're enjoying my extensive english vocab ;)) - hopefully not much longer to wait. when i've done as qorax has suggested (he said wait five months - just a few more days now) i will post and let you know how things are working out.

Hi Medusa,
Like i said last time in the forum, my BF'D was 22.1.2011 and my Caips were printed on the 13.1.2011, so i am planning to order Caip Notes again to see what happened to my case.

Yes, you have a good memory, i was asked police certificates for countries i only visited, so i wrote an explanation to them and good enough i have my visa pages with me that can prove ,the date i entered and the date i left the country.

I have been waiting for so long ,but just have to be patient.

It will surely work for all of us.

Thanks.

medusa

Star Member
Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/4/2010
Doc's Request.
8/7/2010
AOR Received.
3/11/2010
Med's Request
27/05/2011.
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12/9/2011.
VISA ISSUED...
28/9/2011
LANDED..........
24/5/2012
you've been so patient and invested so much time and effort into all this - as have we all - that i can only say i hope everything works out for you and works out for all of us soon canadaforall...

could your noc be 4131? i noticed there's a thread for applicants with this noc - ppl seem to think they're being unfairly targeted by immigration - i.e. stalled, but i really can't imagine that that would be the case - maybe it's just that it's more difficult to prove that is the job you were doing (just based on some things people have written as to where they were employed - training institutes and the like, esp. if you take into consideraton how edu systems vary from country to country, accreditation requirements for programs, etc, etc). i'm kind of interested because my noc is 4121 (i'm an assistant prof), but that's never a problem to prove if you're working at an accredited institution, as must also be the case with noc 4131.

anyway, keep us posted, it's so much easier when there are people you can share with who understand what you're going through.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
medusa said:
you've been so patient and invested so much time and effort into all this - as have we all - that i can only say i hope everything works out for you and works out for all of us soon canadaforall...

could your noc be 4131? i noticed there's a thread for applicants with this noc - ppl seem to think they're being unfairly targeted by immigration - i.e. stalled, but i really can't imagine that that would be the case - maybe it's just that it's more difficult to prove that is the job you were doing (just based on some things people have written as to where they were employed - training institutes and the like, esp. if you take into consideraton how edu systems vary from country to country, accreditation requirements for programs, etc, etc). i'm kind of interested because my noc is 4121 (i'm an assistant prof), but that's never a problem to prove if you're working at an accredited institution, as must also be the case with noc 4131.

anyway, keep us posted, it's so much easier when there are people you can share with who understand what you're going through.

Thanks Medusa,
Yes my NOC 4131 and i have waited for this while and the money involved. All of us have been waiting and we all have no choice, but to wait.

If they want to verify they can do it, for with all my docs i am quite confident, since i worked at Accredited institutions.

Life continues , even if they say yes or no. We have no choice. My problem right now is i can not make any new plan as money is also stock in a deposit account since they can ask for funds at any time.

Lets wait and see.

Thanks,