Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Thanks rjessome. I just got two emails at the exact same time. The first says to recall the first email. The second says:

FILE: B******* NAMES: *********

Dear Applicant:

This is to advise you that your application for permanent residence has been received at the Regional Programme Centre (RPC) and that a file has been created for you. Your file number appears above. Quote this number when corresponding with our office.

Click here for additional information.

Immigration Regional Program Center
3000 HSBC Center, Buffalo, NY 14203
e-mail: buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

So... does that mean it's sorted out and the first one was sent in error and I am in process? It's confusing because the subject line of all of these are my name and the same case number, so the one that is 'recalled' has the same subject line as the 'correction' one.. so was the 'correction' one recalled? The 'correction' one was sent at the exact same time as the recall one.

The file number is the same.

alisa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sbwv09 said:
Thanks rjessome. I just got two emails at the exact same time. The first says to recall the first email. The second says:

FILE: B******* NAMES: *********

Dear Applicant:

This is to advise you that your application for permanent residence has been received at the Regional Programme Centre (RPC) and that a file has been created for you. Your file number appears above. Quote this number when corresponding with our office.

Click here for additional information.

Immigration Regional Program Center
3000 HSBC Center, Buffalo, NY 14203
e-mail: buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

So... does that mean it's sorted out and the first one was sent in error and I am in process? It's confusing because the subject line of all of these are my name and the same case number, so the one that is 'recalled' has the same subject line as the 'correction' one.. so was the 'correction' one recalled? The 'correction' one was sent at the exact same time as the recall one.

The file number is the same.
I think that could be. That's why they recalled the first e-mail. Your second email is exactly the same wording that I got in my email from Buffalo.

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
Sounds to me like the IO sent the email, realized they had included the wrong generic body of text, and immediately attempted to recall and send the correct one.

So I think you should be good with just disregarding the first one :)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Should be fine. But check ECAS using receipt number and sponsor's information. If it shows your file in process then all's well.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Still no change in Ecas.. but I'll try checking it again later. Maybe it'll update on Tuesday. Thanks everyone!

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Just to 'resolve' this in case someone is in this situation in the future: my ecas changed to in process as of 8/18, which is when I got the first email. It seems they just sent the wrong form letter and all is well. Thanks everyone!