+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER TRV APPLICATIONS INDIA

sventhedog

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
I'm from the philippines TRV with submission confirmation last oct 26, 2018. I have not received any updates yet. That's around 9 to 10 working days already.

How did you get it approved so fast? I checked TRV processing time for india (outside canada) and it says 43 days. lol.

Last edited:

Manpreet_2233

Nov 2, 2017
Ok so today the status for Review of eligibility changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."
I wonder how long they take with this.

Manpreet
Some time they take only one day, or mosly within week, in some cases they take several months. But hopefully you will get your result in the next week.:)

mkaur096

Oct 15, 2018
I hope so. I applied for my mother in law same way on July 30 she got approved in 13 days. I hope this one goes smooth although since it is for my husband people are saying the chances are slim.

mkaur096

Oct 15, 2018
Unfortuntley, my husbands visa was refused today. This is the reason given:
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
x Family ties in Canada and in country of residence - i'm his only family tie in canada, his mom is his only family tie in india.
x Purpose of visit - purpose was to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary, my birthday, christmas, and new years.
x Personal assets and financial status - I don't understand this because we both showed well over $100k for both of us.

sventhedog

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Unfortuntley, my husbands visa was refused today. This is the reason given:
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
x Family ties in Canada and in country of residence - i'm his only family tie in canada, his mom is his only family tie in india.
x Purpose of visit - purpose was to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary, my birthday, christmas, and new years.
x Personal assets and financial status - I don't understand this because we both showed well over $100k for both of us.
it's better to show assets such as properties or businesses because you could technically use the money even if you don't return to your home country while you need to return home if you need to manage the business/properties.

mkaur096

Oct 15, 2018
it's better to show assets such as properties or businesses because you could technically use the money even if you don't return to your home country while you need to return home if you need to manage the business/properties.
We did show properties and businesses. So I don't understand why they refused. We also showed he's employed as an accountant.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
We did show properties and businesses. So I don't understand why they refused. We also showed he's employed as an accountant.
That's because the visa officer has concerns that your husband wants to avoid the PR processing time in India

mkaur096

Oct 15, 2018
That's because the visa officer has concerns that your husband wants to avoid waiting the PR processing time in India
I understand this, but we wrote a cover letter explaining how we will not under any circumstance compromise our pr application. I guess it's not enough evidence. But I don't understand how some people get trv while their application is underway. They have absolutely no assets, nothing to show that they will go back. It is such a messed up system for people who genuinley want to sponsor and be with their loved ones.

smile 15

Jun 20, 2018
Dear Bryan's Sir
Mother applied trv from India.got refused on
the grounds that u are banned for 5 years but the earlier refusal letter said ban for 2 years from january 2015 which ended in Jan 2017
How does it happen. We have letter saying 2 years of ban.
what is the cause and how to rectify it. We received 2 years ban on 25.1 2015. What's the reason. When did the new rule implemented
please help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear Bryan's Sir
Mother applied trv from India.got refused on
the grounds that u are banned for 5 years but the earlier refusal letter said ban for 2 years from january 2015 which ended in Jan 2017
How does it happen. We have letter saying 2 years of ban.
what is the cause and how to rectify it. We received 2 years ban on 25.1 2015. What's the reason. When did the new rule implemented
please help
I had found some IRCC Backgrounders that suggested the 5-years' ban came into effect towards the end of 2014.

Nonetheless, maybe you can email your local visa office to confirm whether the 2-years' ban or the 5-years' ban applies to your mom's case. You must include a copy of her previous TRV refusal letter that states she was banned for 2 years