+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October applicants with no test invite

khazan

Jun 28, 2018
Finally I just got test invite 2 hrs ago for Sep 20 at Scarborough office. I submiited my app and it was received Oct 13. Went to in process Dec 11 and nothing since then till today (8+ months of pain lol). My file was originally in Mississauga but it was transferred to Scarborough on Jul 20 and was received on Jul 27.
congratulations...

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
that's kinda weird..did you call ask why?did cic agent told you all background done?
Yea... the call center agent told me all checks are done in last November; however, she refused to take any action until reaching the 12-month mark even though she acknowledged the weirdness... :confused:

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Yea... the call center agent told me all checks are done in last November; however, she refused to take any action until reaching the 12-month mark even though she acknowledged the weirdness... :confused:
Maybe someone in the royal family in UK is interested in marrying you and therefore needs to do more thorough check on you ...

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Who told you that your background check is in process? The reason the background check is stuck is not due to police or RCMP's laziness, they sent the results in as little as 2 days (they did mine), but the immigration officers are lazy enough to even open the envelop and acknowledge its receipt. I don't think they ask your home country for clearance without your knowledge. if they need it, they will ask you to bring security clearance letter from your home country or any other country you spent more than 6 months at. But I haven't never heard anyone being asked that for citizenship (they do for PR). The CIC call center agent, I think, only sees what you see in ECAS with a little detail. The actual officer that works on your file is the one who has all the answers. So don't take CIC call center agent's words very seriously...lol They tell everyone that your file is in the normal processing range, before the 12 months is up. Once the 12month is up, then they will say every case is different so is the processing time.
if what you said is true, then i'm stuck indefinitely... until that lazy agent discovered my file from dusts

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Who told you that your background check is in process? The reason the background check is stuck is not due to police or RCMP's laziness, they sent the results in as little as 2 days (they did mine), but the immigration officers are lazy enough to even open the envelop and acknowledge its receipt. I don't think they ask your home country for clearance without your knowledge. if they need it, they will ask you to bring security clearance letter from your home country or any other country you spent more than 6 months at. But I haven't never heard anyone being asked that for citizenship (they do for PR). The CIC call center agent, I think, only sees what you see in ECAS with a little detail. The actual officer that works on your file is the one who has all the answers. So don't take CIC call center agent's words very seriously...lol They tell everyone that your file is in the normal processing range, before the 12 months is up. Once the 12month is up, then they will say every case is different so is the processing time.
What makes you think they are "LAZY"? Just because some applicants did not receive test invites doesn't mean they are not working.

"DON'T JUDGE" unless you have this info coming from some legit source.

khazan

Jun 28, 2018
What makes you think they are "LAZY"? Just because some applicants did not receive test invites doesn't mean they are not working.

"DON'T JUDGE" unless you have this info coming from some legit source.
The reason I said lazy is because I know how this system work (I have been working with immigration lawyers and most of them say this). Also, the call center agent told me it is possible that your FP result is in, but is not opened yet. If they are not lazy then they are entirely disorganized because why would they receive such important information about someone and do not open it to at least acknowledge its receipt.

if what you said is true, then i'm stuck indefinitely... until that lazy agent discovered my file from dusts
You might not be stuck. But be patient because the early Oct. applicants don't have test dates yet, so yours was in Nov. All I mean is that the call center is a different agency and do not have all the details required to answer people. Plus, each agent has different level of information and understanding of the rules. For the same issue, I called three times and was told three different things by the agents.

Reactions: stewieg666

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
The reason I said lazy is because I know how this system work (I have been working with immigration lawyers and most of them say this). Also, the call center agent told me it is possible that your FP result is in, but is not opened yet. If they are not lazy then they are entirely disorganized because why would they receive such important information about someone and do not open it to at least acknowledge its receipt.

You might not be stuck. But be patient because the early Oct. applicants don't have test dates yet, so yours was in Nov. All I mean is that the call center is a different agency and do not have all the details required to answer people. Plus, each agent has different level of information and understanding of the rules. For the same issue, I called three times and was told three different things by the agents.
In less than 2 weeks I will pass my 11-month mark with no test invite... and i am fully prepared to hear the IRCC agent to tell me again that ‘everything looks fine and the next step is wait for your test invite’ - everything must look extremely fine that they want to keep me waiting longer, just so they can enjoy looking at how ‘fine’ my files are

Reactions: SpiceIsland

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
In less than 2 weeks I will pass my 11-month mark with no test invite... and i am fully prepared to hear the IRCC agent to tell me again that ‘everything looks fine and the next step is wait for your test invite’ - everything must look extremely fine that they want to keep me waiting longer, just so they can enjoy looking at how ‘fine’ my files are
Or maybe they are looking at the picture on your file and going damn he is fine I will just hold on to this file for a little longer,on a serious note I hope you get test invite soon and you are one of the lucky ones who get Oath Invite the following day.

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
In a matter of 20 days, I went from In Process & No test invite to oath complete.

However, truth is that ~ 80% of applications will be processed within 12 months. I hope ya'll forum members are in that 80% . Good luck to all.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
In a matter of 20 days, I went from In Process & No test invite to oath complete.

However, truth is that ~ 80% of applications will be processed within 12 months. I hope ya'll forum members are in that 80% . Good luck to all.
Well, we are happy for you, but if there’s anything we’ve learned from calling IRCC, it’s that “every application is different and you can’t compare other’s experience to yours”....

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
I’m guessing Mississauga office as well?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I’m guessing Mississauga office as well?
Where else could it possibly be? I don’t even live there ... I just got lucky that my files were sent there, all my friends/coworkers living in my neighborhood were sent to Scarborough and were all done months ago

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Where else could it possibly be? I don’t even live there ... I just got lucky that my files were sent there, all my friends/coworkers living in my neighborhood were sent to Scarborough and were all done months ago
I feel you bro. Half of the applications where I live go to Hamilton. Mine HAD to be in that pile that went to dreaded Mississauga office.