+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October applicants with no test invite

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I called this morning, and the answer was the same 'you are still within the 12-months time frame', then I asked, with only less than 2 weeks left, how is it possible for my case to stay within the 12-months if I haven't got the test invite? They can't just send someone an invite on Oct 12 and ask them to take the test the next day and then oath the same day, people may have other important appointment that may need to be rescheduled upon receiving the test invite... then there's no direct response to my question, just the same 'if you don't hear anything, contact us after the day you've reached 12 months'

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
I called this morning, and the answer was the same 'you are still within the 12-months time frame', then I asked, with only less than 2 weeks left, how is it possible for my case to stay within the 12-months if I haven't got the test invite? They can't just send someone an invite on Oct 12 and ask them to take the test the next day and then oath the same day, people may have other important appointment that may need to be rescheduled upon receiving the test invite... then there's no direct response to my question, just the same 'if you don't hear anything, contact us after the day you've reached 12 months'
that's some bs right there

Reactions: ImageOfLight

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
A friend(Her husband works for CIC) of mine told me today, CIC had about half a million extra applicant during October and November and they put aside about 1/3 applications and those will be processed within 36 months. They somehow tried to reach 80% goal for last quarter of 2017. CIC outsourced some company to finish those applications for the first time and that company is making sure none of the bad applicant gets the citizenship. They are just trying to build a reputation with CIC. But their goal to finish those extra applicants within 24-36 months . Liberal also using some stats about the voting geography and finishing some first based on their voting predictions.
That is quite interesting... but not that surprising. They are trying to reach their minimum 80% metric and prioritizing based on best "value". Just like any big org/company.

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
I raised the same concern, he was like yep, can't do anything right now, won't even notify the local office.

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
A friend(Her husband works for CIC) of mine told me today, CIC had about half a million extra applicant during October and November and they put aside about 1/3 applications and those will be processed within 36 months. They somehow tried to reach 80% goal for last quarter of 2017. CIC outsourced some company to finish those applications for the first time and that company is making sure none of the bad applicant gets the citizenship. They are just trying to build a reputation with CIC. But their goal to finish those extra applicants within 24-36 months . Liberal also using some stats about the voting geography and finishing some first based on their voting predictions.
seriouslyyyyyyyyyy? that means another 1 or even 2 years wait???? WTFFFFFF

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
This figure is meaningless without context. How many new applications does IRCC receive for citizenship yearly? if they only receive a hundred thousand and now they get 500 thousand. that's a phenomenal increase. if they receive 300 thousand and now they get 500 thousand. well that's big, but still expected given the shortened eligibility period. Unless of course they somehow failed to take that into account.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
seriouslyyyyyyyyyy? that means another 1 or even 2 years wait???? WTFFFFFF
On one hand, I tend not to believe anything related to what's behind the door of IRCC from an anonymous forum, especially when anybody can claim something from someone's friend's husband or neighbor's wife or coworker's cousin who just happened to work for IRCC ...

On the other hand, IRCC has done way worse things than this, such as returning the FSW applications of a whole bunch of people after 2 years of waiting, simply because they decided they wanted to. So, it wouldn't really surprise me even if it is true - but then the '12-month' processing time would just be a bigger pile of BS and blatant lie

Reactions: qorax

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
This figure is meaningless without context. How many new applications does IRCC receive for citizenship yearly? if they only receive a hundred thousand and now they get 500 thousand. that's a phenomenal increase. if they receive 300 thousand and now they get 500 thousand. well that's big, but still expected given the shortened eligibility period. Unless of course they somehow failed to take that into account.
You can find those numbers on the internet at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/reports-statistics/statistics-open-data.html Average monthly intake was around 20.000.

Then my estimate is that IRCC experienced 8 to 10 times average monthly intake in October and November last year.

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
You can find those numbers on the internet at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/reports-statistics/statistics-open-data.html Average monthly intake was around 20.000.

Then my estimate is that IRCC experienced 8 to 10 times average monthly intake in October and November last year.
I actually checked that data before posting here. I didn't see the information for "Citizenship application", just that of "permanent residents". And you have to keep in mind that not all PRs go on to apply for citizenship.
i am still searching for how many new applications they receive monthly.

secondly, even if they received a flood of applications in October/November, the torrent should have reduced as the months went by. So by January, i would expect they number of new applicants to have reduced significantly

Reactions: SpiceIsland

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
Same answer here, even from their response to my MP.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Same answer here, even from their response to my MP.
Well, maybe we both are allocated to the demographics of people who live in certain area and less likely to vote liberal according to someone's friends' husband who works at IRCC, and are looking at 24-36 for processing time LOL

Last edited:

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
I actually checked that data before posting here. I didn't see the information for "Citizenship application", just that of "permanent residents". And you have to keep in mind that not all PRs go on to apply for citizenship.
i am still searching for how many new applications they receive monthly.

secondly, even if they received a flood of applications in October/November, the torrent should have reduced as the months went by. So by January, i would expect they number of new applicants to have reduced significantly
Apparently you did not check carefuly enough.

Try link Citizenship – Quarterly IRCC Updates on the page that I send above. Or try link https://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/9b34e712-513f-44e9-babf-9df4f7256550 one click away from the page that I send above.