+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October applicants with no test invite

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Call them. It doesn't hurt to ask whether they see you test invite coming. I called in the early morning (just after they opened the line) and had to wait only 11 minutes.
No bother, iam in same shoes, I called the last week all they told me is ,we are very busy, and everyones application Is different , when I ask them why my application is delayed, they tell processing time is 12 months! Same sh$& over and over!

Reactions: itsmyid

dreamgarfield

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012
Call them. It doesn't hurt to ask whether they see you test invite coming. I called in the early morning (just after they opened the line) and had to wait only 11 minutes.
I did Friday got told by the agent I never will make it in 12months. Call back after October. Very frustrating.

SoftwareEngg

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
No bother, iam in same shoes, I called the last week all they told me is ,we are very busy, and everyones application Is different , when I ask them why my application is delayed, they tell processing time is 12 months! Same sh$& over and over!
Oviously... tell those stupids ..we know everyone application is different bcoz every1 have different name and UCID... ;) but they must have some process to act based on first come first serve basis... the people who applied in feb or march they are also getting test invites... this is rediculous. ... Heights of mismanagement

solmode

Jul 22, 2011
I got DM on my status today. Did my interview Aug 8. Sent translation of stamps Aug 12. Let's see how long the oath invitation gonna take

ByeUKhelloCA

Oct 27, 2017
Just wondering how may GTA applicants out there who applied last Oct. and still waiting for test invite? Total patience-killer
If you look at the worksheet 2017 Citizenship Applicants (NEW) and simplistically filter to include Mississauga, Toronto & Scarborough, there are 62 October applicants "In process" without test invites. And that includes me. Wow! :oops:

Reactions: stewieg666

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
If you look at the worksheet 2017 Citizenship Applicants (NEW) and simplistically filter to include Mississauga, Toronto & Scarborough, there are 62 October applicants "In process" without test invites. And that includes me. Wow! :oops:
I'm sure my background should pass, which is still in progress; but what I'm worried is some policeman or government officials are lazy or simply overlooked when CIC ask for my security or criminal clearance back in home country... and local agent here are too dumb to push them but simply wait...
If you call CIC and told your background is done, then at least you can wait peacefully...

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
I'm sure my background should pass, which is still in progress; but what I'm worried is some policeman or government officials are lazy or simply overlooked when CIC ask for my security or criminal clearance back in home country... and local agent here are too dumb to push them but simply wait...
If you call CIC and told your background is done, then at least you can wait peacefully...
I don't know... All my background tests have passed last November, but I still haven't get the test invitation yet... No updates at all after my case arrived at local office...

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
I don't know... All my background tests have passed last November, but I still haven't get the test invitation yet... No updates at all after my case arrived at local office...
that's kinda weird..did you call ask why?did cic agent told you all background done?

tom94063

May 1, 2013
Finally I just got test invite 2 hrs ago for Sep 20 at Scarborough office. I submiited my app and it was received Oct 13. Went to in process Dec 11 and nothing since then till today (8+ months of pain lol). My file was originally in Mississauga but it was transferred to Scarborough on Jul 20 and was received on Jul 27.

Reactions: khazan

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Finally I just got test invite 2 hrs ago for Sep 20 at Scarborough office. I submiited my app and it was received Oct 13. Went to in process Dec 11 and nothing since then till today (8+ months of pain lol). My file was originally in Mississauga but it was transferred to Scarborough on Jul 20 and was received on Jul 27.
congrats!

Reactions: tom94063

khazan

Jun 28, 2018
Who told you that your background check is in process? The reason the background check is stuck is not due to police or RCMP's laziness, they sent the results in as little as 2 days (they did mine), but the immigration officers are lazy enough to even open the envelop and acknowledge its receipt. I don't think they ask your home country for clearance without your knowledge. if they need it, they will ask you to bring security clearance letter from your home country or any other country you spent more than 6 months at. But I haven't never heard anyone being asked that for citizenship (they do for PR). The CIC call center agent, I think, only sees what you see in ECAS with a little detail. The actual officer that works on your file is the one who has all the answers. So don't take CIC call center agent's words very seriously...lol They tell everyone that your file is in the normal processing range, before the 12 months is up. Once the 12month is up, then they will say every case is different so is the processing time.