+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October applicants with no test invite

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Brampton. Delivered Oct 16. In since Nov 24.

All mississauga/ brampton applicants will be processed very slow. IRCc doesn't seem to do anything about it. They just don't care.
Well! that's not completely true. I'm from brampton too and was waiting for my test invite until yesterday (July 1st).

I'm October applicant. Someone in my circle from Brampton didn't know about the rule change and when I told them it was already (I guess) December. So they applied after or in December and already got their passports.

So it's not they are slow but probably they wanted to do extra check on us or....?

BTW, I was asked for the finger print on Feb 4 and was done within a week. As per ECAS, they sent my test invite on June 28 (ECAS was updated on july 1st). Still waiting for my notice in the mail though.

Good luck!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Well! that's not completely true. I'm from brampton too and was waiting for my test invite until yesterday (July 1st).

I'm October applicant. Someone in my circle from Brampton didn't know about the rule change and when I told them it was already (I guess) December. So they applied after or in December and already got their passports.

So it's not they are slow but probably they wanted to do extra check on us or....?

BTW, I was asked for the finger print on Feb 4 and was done within a week. As per ECAS, they sent my test invite on June 28 (ECAS was updated on july 1st). Still waiting for my notice in the mail though.

Good luck!
That would depend on whether your test invite is from Mississauga or Scarborough

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Hi,
I sent a WebForm on Thursday 28th June 2018; got a reply on Friday within 36 hours.
My application was received in Sydney on 21st August 2017.
Reply stated everything is in order. They didn't add anything other than the statement; "still within processing time limits"
I don't know what to conclude: will be completed by 21st August 2018? If so some action should start now? Letter of invitation for interview (no test as I am a senior). Kindly advise if anyone had such

ByeUKhelloCA

Oct 27, 2017
Whew! Glad I'm not alone.
Toronto single applicant Oct 16.
IP Dec 6, 2017
Tried to do web inquiry and they said it is within SLA (which translates call us again in a year).
Frustrating cuz everyone else who couriered application in October 16 seems to already be Canadian!

patience....patience....

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Whew! Glad I'm not alone.
Toronto single applicant Oct 16.
IP Dec 6, 2017
Tried to do web inquiry and they said it is within SLA (which translates call us again in a year).
Frustrating cuz everyone else who couriered application in October 16 seems to already be Canadian!

patience....patience....
Same here.

Received my GCMS notes. It says criminality passed mid-Jan, and Files is in Mississauga from Mid Jan. Location: in registry. Nothing else started. Notes are month old but I still haven't received any communication so i guess its still in registry. LOL

Funny thing is I called CIC twice for update, they have that on record as well.

Patience.. More Patience..

solmode

Jul 22, 2011
Hi

Looks like there is action happening for us. I also got my test invite yesterday. My timeline:
Applied: 20 Oct
AOR: 26 Dec 2017
IP: 20 Jan 2018

prasla

Jun 23, 2014
Hi this is my timeline (2 Applicants)
I live in Mississauga.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 18, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 7, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 29, 2017.

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Hi,
I sent a WebForm on Thursday 28th June 2018; got a reply on Friday within 36 hours.
My application was received in Sydney on 21st August 2017.
Reply stated everything is in order. They didn't add anything other than the statement; "still within processing time limits"
I don't know what to conclude: will be completed by 21st August 2018? If so some action should start now? Letter of invitation for interview (no test as I am a senior). Kindly advise if anyone had such
Me to I sent WebForm on Jun 30 I got reply on Jul 04, (This is how it look like)

Good day XXXX XXXXX

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Unfortunately, nothing has happen so far, no one has contact me.