+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October applicants with no test invite

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Not necessarily. IRCC has a way of sending out invites in batches. one can only hope that all background checks and so forth would have been completed before test invites are sent out, so if all goes well during the interview, you might not need to wait so long before getting to take the oath.
Good that you have a positive outlook. My outlook is beyond negative. There are plenty who didn't need to wait this much even with all the background checks.

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
See the correction below:
I am starting to think that, some of us, who didn't get test invite yet , our processing time is going to be over 12 months
;)

Add 2 weeks atleast after test invite, and 6-8 weeks on average for oath. So unless, we all receive test invites in next 4-5 weeks, its a given that a bunch of us are going to miss the 12-month mark.
I don't even know why my application getting delay so much, my application was sent on oct 12. I have no travel history, no criminal records, I have more then 10 years in Canada.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Not necessarily. IRCC has a way of sending out invites in batches. one can only hope that all background checks and so forth would have been completed before test invites are sent out, so if all goes well during the interview, you might not need to wait so long before getting to take the oath.
Even if we consider that IRCC sends invites in batches, atleast one (or few) of the last batches that will receive invites will take them over 12 months. So even for normal cases, a bunch of them are definitely going over 12 months.

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Even if we consider that IRCC sends invites in batches, atleast one (or few) of the last batches that will receive invites will take them over 12 months. So even for normal cases, a bunch of them are definitely going over 12 months.
Yes you are right. But its important to keep in mind that IRCC does not GUARANTY 12 months, they only use that as an average.
Having said that, I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for a 12 month completion time. Though as it has been pointed out multiple times, the increased number of applicants after October 11 will most likely result in an increase in the "average processing time" after October 2017.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Yes you are right. But its important to keep in mind that IRCC does not GUARANTY 12 months, they only use that as an average.
Having said that, I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for a 12 month completion time. Though as it has been pointed out multiple times, the increased number of applicants after October 11 will most likely result in an increase in the "average processing time" after October 2017.
I dont think anyone is asking for a guarantee, the 12 months is acknowledged as a guideline. We are just making observations while eating popcorn since well, there is nothing else to do...:cool:

YWG3

May 23, 2018
I dont think anyone is asking for a guarantee, the 12 months is acknowledged as a guideline. We are just making observations while eating popcorn since well, there is nothing else to do...:cool:
I have ordered 2 large pop-corns, with a third on hold, just in case ......... :(:D:);)

ahass

Nov 6, 2013
Same. I think the FP request is in queue for both of us. There are also a few other people in the same boat as us. Says something about an officer having to review the FP letter at the very end.
I called them and the agent sounded confused as to why they still havent sent the request to me, it seems like they forgot about it. I then sent a letter to the office, and 2-3 days later I got the fingerprint request. I dont know if it was a coincidence, but I thought I’d share in case it helps!

Reactions: HappyAlto

ahass

Nov 6, 2013
Same. I think the FP request is in queue for both of us. There are also a few other people in the same boat as us. Says something about an officer having to review the FP letter at the very end.
Note that in my case the status had been “fingerprints required” since December and I just got the request after almost 7 months. Maybe in your case it’s more recent in which case you might not need to remind them..

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
I called them and the agent sounded confused as to why they still havent sent the request to me, it seems like they forgot about it. I then sent a letter to the office, and 2-3 days later I got the fingerprint request. I dont know if it was a coincidence, but I thought I’d share in case it helps!
Letter as in lettermail ? Or email/ web form ?

robw

Mar 10, 2014
I called them this morning and they gave me the same old "no news is good news" answer. What worked for you exactly?

ahass

Nov 6, 2013
I called them this morning and they gave me the same old "no news is good news" answer. What worked for you exactly?
On the phone the agent didnt give me much information except that she put me on hold and when she came back she said she called the office (im assuming she meant the office where my app is being processed) and the status is still “fingerprints required “ with a due date of Feb, and she herself said she’s not sure why they didnt send a letter yet, she then gave the normal explanation of 12 months processing time. So I’m not sure if calling them helped in speeding up the request. See my post above about sending my processing office a letter for clarification. Again, I cant be sure if that is what triggered it but I got the request a couple days after. So I’m guessing one or both of the two things helped i.e. brought the past due status to their attention.

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Letter as in mail, the webform wasnt working that day so I chose to mail instead stating what I saw in my notes and requesting clarification.
Got it...last question: How'd you find the address for your processing office?