+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October applicants with no test invite

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
We got a tip not to apply in october cause it will takw longer sorry guys
That's irrelevant, there are lots who applied afterwards and are still waiting. Your DM is thanks to the fact to that you applied in Calgary which has an excellent timeline.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
There's nothing more aggravating than someone who is not experiencing the anguish to tell people who are suffering to relax.
If it makes you feel any better, I am one of the Oct applicants (experiencing the anguish) and I am asking you to relax. (because there is literally nothing else we can do).

When I applied last October, I was confident of getting everything done before my home country trip this Oct. Now surely, thats not happening. Now my next hope is summer 2019 when my PR card is expiring.

Reactions: iwodamiorie

alde81

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Ip since feb 27, submitted oct 23, still no test invite. More than 100 days in ip. Maybe I will hit more than 1 yr processing time. Calgary office.

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Did anyone apply for their GCMS notes? I just received mine today, and under criminality it says "Fingerprints required" with a due date of February 2018. However the notes confirm that the fingerprints havent been requested from me. I also called them about a month ago and they confirmed that they havent sent any communication apart from the AOR. My application has been in process since December 6 2017, no test date yet.
Same. I think the FP request is in queue for both of us. There are also a few other people in the same boat as us. Says something about an officer having to review the FP letter at the very end.

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
It is getting a bit ridiculous now man. I'm hearing about people who applied in January going through the test stage already.

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Sucks that we're in this position but I'm glad we're all talking to each other. There are a few of us still waiting it seems, which is reassuring...kinda.

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
I am starting to think that, some of us, who didn't get test invite yet , our processing time is going to be over 12 months

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
I am starting to think that, some of us, who didn't get test invite yet , our processing time is going to be over 12 months
See the correction below:
;)

Add 2 weeks atleast after test invite, and 6-8 weeks on average for oath. So unless, we all receive test invites in next 4-5 weeks, its a given that a bunch of us are going to miss the 12-month mark.

Reactions: capermanet

avayal2000

Jun 21, 2018
I applied in October, received AOR in only Feb 6 and is in processing since Feb 16. A few people who applied in November and December have already got citizenship. Irony is I helped these people to fill their forms and prepare necessary documents for the application.

Reactions: HappyAlto

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
We have to face the reality that since we've taken so long, it means we are definitely going over 12 months processing.

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
We have to face the reality that since we've taken so long, it means we are definitely going over 12 months processing.
Not necessarily. IRCC has a way of sending out invites in batches. one can only hope that all background checks and so forth would have been completed before test invites are sent out, so if all goes well during the interview, you might not need to wait so long before getting to take the oath.