Nomination.....
Oct 2, 2023
AOR Received.
Oct 26, 2023
Med's Request
Nov 21, 2023
Med's Done....
Dec 02, 2023
Mine AOR in 2nd Oct. FSW O. Background check is in process. Other things are completed in tracker. Waiting for any update.
Seems like all Outland applications (especially PNP) are at the same stage, everything completed and BGV in progress for over 2 and half to 3 months. Mine is also the same.

Reactions: Amrish1186

kkincanada

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
Hi, was your medicals validity extended? If so, how many days it took after that for the background check to be completed in tracker?
Medicals were extended in Nov 2023 itself and extended until Nov 24. This week, we received the Medicals passed message again, and Eligibility and BGV were also Completed on the same day. Now waiting for FD and COPR.

hilfiger21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2023
Category........
FSW
FSW-O with 2 dependants
PVO - Sydney, NS
SVO - CPC, Ottawa

My Eligibility is complete and Background Verification is in Progress.

Does it mean that my documents, CRS claim documents, et al is verified?

What does Background Verification in progress mean? Are they checking with my employer etc?

Nuida

Dec 6, 2023
FSW-O with 2 dependants
PVO - Sydney, NS
SVO - CPC, Ottawa

What does Background Verification in progress mean? Are they checking with my employer etc?
Background verification has to do with criminality and security, basically they are checking whether you are a potential security threat to Canada.
The employer stuff, Proof of funds, education... go under eligibility.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
FSW-O with 2 dependants
PVO - Sydney, NS
SVO - CPC, Ottawa

IRCC is now confident in assessment of your documents that you meet the minimum entry criteria(MEC) for your draw. You are marked A11.2 pass(documents verified for eligibility).

The best thread on background check for anyone to read: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

Nehal56

Star Member
Nov 22, 2023
FSW-O with 2 dependants
PVO - Sydney, NS
SVO - CPC, Ottawa

From where do you know your PVO and SVO?

algerianboy

Jan 19, 2024
  • Haha
Reactions: santosh.dh

Twoaster

Oct 30, 2023
Hey everyone!
Finally got my Biometrics updated to the system.
Do you have an idea how long is it taking for eligibility to start?

As per my signature:
Eligibility is not started
Background Check is In progress

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hey everyone!
Finally got my Biometrics updated to the system.
Do you have an idea how long is it taking for eligibility to start?

As per my signature:
Eligibility is not started
Background Check is In progress
There's no fixed timeline for them to start your eligibility. If they want, they can do it in parallel to your background check as well. Unfortunately, no way for anyone to predict this.

Twoaster

Oct 30, 2023
There's no fixed timeline for them to start your eligibility. If they want, they can do it in parallel to your background check as well. Unfortunately, no way for anyone to predict this.
Yep, thanks for the reply.. I was hoping to get an average from the group here lol.
First time I called them early this month the woman told me Eligibility was PASSED but I didn't see any updates.. at this point I'll just keep waiting

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Yep, thanks for the reply.. I was hoping to get an average from the group here lol.
First time I called them early this month the woman told me Eligibility was PASSED but I didn't see any updates.. at this point I'll just keep waiting
If they say your eligibility is passed, I'd trust them. Tracker and GCKey don't reliably update(Tracker updates reliably relative to GCKey for eligibility and background check though), an agent can access the most recent data that's available.