+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October AOR 2023

Nov 30, 2023
Applied through a respresentative so might not have all the dates. Applied under CEC from Toronto and left Canada. Gave my biometrics in New Delhi.
VO: Vancouver
AOR: Oct 16, 2023
Medical Passed: January 3, 2024
Biometrics completed: January 10, 2024
Final Decision: April 2, 2024
Passport request: April 3, 2024

I have sent my passport and other documents today to VFS but have a quick question. If there is another thread specifically for this question please let me know. Passport request letter or COPR mentions below point. I have to change my mailing address but my agent is confused in terms of login information for PR portal. I asked few of my friends and they mentioned I can skip this for now and update the address when I land. Any advice on this will be appreciated.

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member,
you must inform this office immediately:
• Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation,
annulment or death of spouse;
• Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a
child born to your accompanying dependent child,
• Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring
relative;
• Change in health;
• You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a
criminal offence
• Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

vishwamvishu

Mar 18, 2024
Hi All,

Timeline for CEC EE with 2 Depends all Inland :Montreal VO

ITA: 26th Sept 2023
AOR: Oct 19 2023
BIL: 6th Jan 2024
BIO completed: 18th Jan 2023
Medical Passed: 1st Feb 2023
Final Decision: 5th Feb 2023
P1 email: March 18(Initially the P1 mail was sent on 6th Feb but never received by our attorney as i filed through the company). I waited for them to enquire IRCC but they said application is in timelines but i called IRCC on march 18th and asked them to resend.
P2 email: April 12th 2024
Ecopr: April 16th 2024.

Now waiting for PR card now.

Lessons learnt: If you see final decision with date in your application and you havent received P1 within a week of final decision, for sure call IRCC and most probably you might have not got it and ask them to resend. As no one guided i almost wasted 45 days.

Reactions: CanGoldDigger

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Applied through a respresentative so might not have all the dates. Applied under CEC from Toronto and left Canada. Gave my biometrics in New Delhi.
VO: Vancouver
AOR: Oct 16, 2023

I have sent my passport and other documents today to VFS but have a quick question. If there is another thread specifically for this question please let me know. Passport request letter or COPR mentions below point. I have to change my mailing address but my agent is confused in terms of login information for PR portal. I asked few of my friends and they mentioned I can skip this for now and update the address when I land. Any advice on this will be appreciated.

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member,
you must inform this office immediately:
• Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation,
annulment or death of spouse;
• Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a
child born to your accompanying dependent child,
• Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring
relative;
• Change in health;
• You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a
criminal offence
• Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.
PR portal is irrelevant for outland applicants. Assuming you are an outlander because you mentioned passport request.

Mailing address change can be easily done once you land in Canada. Many people do that by simply calling IRCC.

Why is your agent confused by PR portal login? You are not going to receive it as an outlander.

Nov 30, 2023
PR portal is irrelevant for outland applicants. Assuming you are an outlander because you mentioned passport request.

Mailing address change can be easily done once you land in Canada. Many people do that by simply calling IRCC.

Why is your agent confused by PR portal login? You are not going to receive it as an outlander.
Thank you for taking time to respond. I think the whole confusion comes from the type of my application (inland vs Outland). I was on the work permit all this while but when I applied for express entry my status was visitor in Canada since I couldn’t extend my work permit.
As far as I know, Inland and Outland is based on your status in the country. But I didn’t know Outland applicants don’t get access to PR portal, thanks for clarifying that.

The reason I am concerned is:
I have my Toronto apartment address on the file, and letter clearly says that in case there are changes in contact information or address, I should notify them immediately. Should I call the helpline and change it right now to my friend’s address or wait for landing? I don’t want my PR rejected because of this lame reason lol

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thank you for taking time to respond. I think the whole confusion comes from the type of my application (inland vs Outland). I was on the work permit all this while but when I applied for express entry my status was visitor in Canada since I couldn’t extend my work permit.
As far as I know, Inland and Outland is based on your status in the country. But I didn’t know Outland applicants don’t get access to PR portal, thanks for clarifying that.

The reason I am concerned is:
I have my Toronto apartment address on the file, and letter clearly says that in case there are changes in contact information or address, I should notify them immediately. Should I call the helpline and change it right now to my friend’s address or wait for landing? I don’t want my PR rejected because of this lame reason lol
Why don't you apply for BOWP now that you already have an AOR? Since you are within Canada, you'll get a portal email. Portal can take time to come & you can always be one of those statistics of long delays, getting your BOWP can make your wait easier.

Nov 30, 2023
Why don't you apply for BOWP now that you already have an AOR? Since you are within Canada, you'll get a portal email. Portal can take time to come & you can always be one of those statistics of long delays, getting your BOWP can make your wait easier.
My AOR is Oct 16, 2023 and I have already received passport request letter or PPR from IRCC. I have extended my work permit twice and restored my status once so according to my agent I was not eligible by BOWP. Its a long story why I couldnt do certain things but in short BOWP was not an option for me. IRCC has already asked for physical photos and passport which they received on April 10. Do i even need portal email to enter Canada again even if I get my passport back with PR Visa?