Background competed: Dec 1st 2023
Citizenship test invite email: Dec 22nd 2023
Citizenship test date: Dec 27th 2023
Citizenship test marked complete: Jan 2nd 2024
LPP Competed: Jan 8th 2024

Oath: March 19th 2024

Panda_Express

Mar 13, 2024
Hi folks, anyone here got an email from ircc that requires a copy of each and every page of your passport? I received this email soon after completing my test on Feb 15, no update since that, I phoned ircc and the agent confirmed they’ve received my passport copy. Is that normal?

thanks for your time!

pdiddly

Nov 3, 2023
My application:
  • Type: Online application
  • Physical Presence Days: 1099
  • Application: Single
  • Application sent: October 2nd 2023
  • Delivered: October 2nd 2023
  • AOR: November 2nd 2023
  • Test Invite: November 21st
  • Test Period: November 24th – December 23rd 2023
  • Test Taken: November 24th 2023
  • Test Result in Tracker: November 27th 2023
  • Fingerprints Requested: January 16th 2024
  • Fingerprints Submitted: January 17th 2024
  • Background Verification: February 6th 2024
  • LPP: February 16th 2024
  • Citizenship Ceremony: March 7th 2024 (Online)
  • eCertificate: Received March 13th 2024
Partner's application:
  • Type: Online application
  • Physical Presence Days: 1101
  • Application: Single
  • Application sent: October 2nd 2023
  • Delivered: October 2nd 2023
  • AOR: November 2nd 2023
  • Test Invite: November 21st
  • Test Period: November 24th – December 23rd 2023
  • Test Taken: December 1st 2023
  • Test Result in Tracker: December 5th 2023
  • Fingerprints Requested: January 16th 2024
  • Fingerprints Submitted: January 17th 2024
  • Background Verification: February 1st 2024
  • LPP: February 16th 2024
  • Citizenship Ceremony: March 7th 2024 (Online)
  • eCertificate: Received March 13th 2024

We've received our Citizenship Certificates!
Now onto the next piece of admin, applying for a Passport.

Good luck and congratulations to all other October Applicants!

alex_under

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Send a web form asking them to transfer your file to your local office (because this is you right) without specifying Scarborough. Normally someomne will look on your file and will transfer it. It works for me. We have received test invitation after that. Hope it will for you!
Hey,
how soon did you get an update? I submitted the webform on Mar. 5 - have got nothing yet.

Thanks.

gigbuffon30

Feb 7, 2024
Received GCMS notes today and I see that ICES has been requested on December 2023
LPP not started.

Due date says 18 Feb 2024 which I know means nothing.

This is going to be a long wait.
I'm sorry to hear that; I am in the same situation that ICES requested in February.
In the notes, each eligibility assessment shows a due date - in my case, the Language Prohibitions and Presence have the same due date, which is November 2024.
I decided not to worry about the application anymore and just wait. The process is completely out of our control, and before the posted 15 months pass, you cannot even complain about the process being slow.

I hope you hear good news soon, I know of a person who waited 5 months after ICES request to get LPP finally.

Reactions: SithLord

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
are all oath virtual or in-person? how do you opt for virtual? (I have no email yet but my oath is March 19)
If you can find citizenship ceremonies for the indicated date on following link, then it is physical, otherwise virtual.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ceremonyceremonie/en/Home

You cannot opt for physical or virtual. IRCC assigns it. However, you may choose to apply for physical ceremony by replying to the email which invited you for virtual ceremony. However, keep it in mind that it may cause further delay of 2-4 months before your ceremony is scheduled and you get your oath.

Reactions: WAT876

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
Hi folks, anyone here got an email from ircc that requires a copy of each and every page of your passport? I received this email soon after completing my test on Feb 15, no update since that, I phoned ircc and the agent confirmed they’ve received my passport copy. Is that normal?

thanks for your time!
So had you not submitted passport pages copies before? I had uploaded each stamped page of the passport in the additional documents section of the online citizenship application so that they can match my entry exit dates to canada with stamps on the passport. Some people recommend uploading all pages of the passport including blank pages but I had actually uploaded only the stamped pages of the passport, and had no problem afterwards. So if you hadn't submitted already, then sending that on their request is a normal thing and need not to worry.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I'm sorry to hear that; I am in the same situation that ICES requested in February.
In the notes, each eligibility assessment shows a due date - in my case, the Language Prohibitions and Presence have the same due date, which is November 2024.
I decided not to worry about the application anymore and just wait. The process is completely out of our control, and before the posted 15 months pass, you cannot even complain about the process being slow.

I hope you hear good news soon, I know of a person who waited 5 months after ICES request to get LPP finally.
You are right each eligibility assessment has the same due date November 2024 in my case too which probably means nothing.

Atleast I know I’m not alone here. I’m going to take a break from here and just not think about my application. As you said, the process is out of our control and seeing everyone get their oaths makes me even more stressed out that I’m no where close but I’m happy for those who made it through.

Hopefully we get to hear some good news soon.

Reactions: cool_eagle