+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2023 - Citizenship Applications

cereal

Nov 13, 2018
The processing office (Vancouver or Edmonton) received my fingerprint on Jan 8, but the background check is still not completed.
I see on the spreadsheet that the background check is usually completed the day after the fingerprint is received.
Is there any reason why this could be happening?

Last edited:

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
Guys, who have LPP completed and waiting for OATH since December, any one of you, any luck recently? Has anyone got any update at all?

ParyaKh

Jan 8, 2024
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Oct 29
AOR Received.
Nov 21
Guys, who have LPP completed and waiting for OATH since December, any one of you, any luck recently? Has anyone got any update at all?
No update since December. I called IRCC and confirmed that they approved my citizenship on December 20th; however, there has been no update regarding the oath ceremony, and I'm not sure why. The agent told me that I am in line for the ceremony and that I should wait :( Also told me that my application was simple and routine and nothing is wrong. I've noticed that only people who completed their LPP in January are getting their oath ceremonies scheduled, while those who completed in December seem to have been totally skipped

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
No update since December. I called IRCC and confirmed that they approved my citizenship on December 20th; however, there has been no update regarding the oath ceremony, and I'm not sure why. The agent told me that I am in line for the ceremony and that I should wait. :( I've noticed that only people who completed their LPP in January are getting their oath ceremonies scheduled, while those who completed in December seem to have been totally skipped
What do you see in the tracker, it shows "Your citizenship application status: Approved" on top, it changed from In Progress to something else or still In Progress but IRCC office told you it is approved. My LPP completed on January 4, nothing happened since then, just silence

ParyaKh

Jan 8, 2024
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Oct 29
AOR Received.
Nov 21
What do you see in the tracker, it shows "Your citizenship application status: Approved" on top, it changed from In Progress to something else or still In Progress but IRCC office told you it is approved. My LPP completed on January 4, nothing happened since then, just silence

The status of my application still says 'In Progress' since my oath ceremony hasn't even started. However, I confirmed with two agents during separate IRCC calls that I was granted citizenship on December 20th.

Reactions: WhiteMocha

nsatyagl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
canada
The status of my application still says 'In Progress' since my oath ceremony hasn't even started. However, I confirmed with two agents during separate IRCC calls that I was granted citizenship on December 20th.
me also on the same boat agent told me they are planning for a ceremony and my office is in missasauga

smithy2024

Star Member
Jan 2, 2024
LPP completed on January 22nd (reflected on profile today)

Timeline:

Sent: Oct 30
AOR: Nov 21
BG: Nov 27
Test taken: Dec 12
Test complete: Jan 6
LPP: Jan 24
Oath: Waiting

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
Finally got an update on the tracker on the oath.

LPP Dec 12
Citizenship in progress Jan 22
That is really good to hear! it means there is a progress now

Reactions: ParyaKh

santreddy22

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Calgary
Category........
Other
I just got an email from the Calgary Office requesting to send a Physical Presence calculated again to the Calgary IRCC Office.. I have just sent it through the Canada Post, which will be delivered to them tomorrow.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1096 (Mine)/1101 (Spouse)
Application: Family
Application sent: Oct 12, 2023
Delivered: Oct 12, 2023
AOR: Nov 08, 2023
Background Verification Completion: Nov 16, 2023
Test invite: Nov 28, 2023 (Test dates: Dec 4 to Dec 24, 2023)
Test taken: Dec 4, 2023 (Mine - 19/20 & Spouse - 18/20)
Test completed: Jan 4, 2024 (updated in the tracker on Jan 6, 2024)
Physical Presence Document Requested - Jan 24, 2024 (Calgary Office)
LPP: In progress
Citizenship ceremony: Not started