+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2023 - Citizenship Applications

domdomdom

Oct 5, 2020
I just don't understand why LPP takes too long time to be completed. If you seriously look at it, it should be the simplest step of the application. how is it possible it takes weeks or months in some cases. For example, in my case I uploaded my diploma from a Canadian university as a language proof, what is there to check, if you're trying to verify it or contact school etc. I doubt it will take more than a week. I've never once gone outside of the country since I have come to Canada 4 years ago. so, it must be quite easy to calculate my presence too. Even for someone who travelled out of the country, how hard could it be when you have all the exit/ entry data in front you. I am not even sure what they are checking to complete prohibitions, or to what extent it is different from background check. Nevertheless, these are 3 easy steps, it is just hard to wrap my head around on why it could take long.

Reactions: MotherofDragons

dialex

Nov 15, 2023
As I see a whole bunch of September applicants got their LPP and Oaths completed around January 15, probably it means that Xmas holiday season is over, evryone gets back to work and finally everything should be at higher speed. Fingers crossed our October turn comes very soon;)

pdiddly

Nov 3, 2023
Anyone knows whats the logic behind fingerprints? Some applications get a request for FP submission and others no
Me and my partner had our fingerprints requested the other day.
None of my friends who went through citizenship recently had to, but they did give their fingerprints during PR, which we didn't.
So my assumption is that it's either random, or they just need them in the system at some point.

wonderwall007

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Me and my partner had our fingerprints requested the other day.
None of my friends who went through citizenship recently had to, but they did give their fingerprints during PR, which we didn't.
So my assumption is that it's either random, or they just need them in the system at some point.
Sems like if you didnt give FP for PR then you have to give them for Citizenship

santreddy22

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Calgary
Category........
Other
Why Does One Need Fingerprints For Canadian Citizenship?
Most people who apply for Canadian citizenship are not required to record their citizenship fingerprints. The need to record one’s fingerprints arises only when the IRCC sends a letter to the applicant requesting the record of Canadian citizenship fingerprint.

This letter sent to you by the IRCC will also state why they need you to record your citizenship fingerprint. Sometimes, the Canadian citizenship fingerprint request can be rather vague and fail to give you a clear picture. We cannot state and lead to the specifics of why you received the Canadian citizenship fingerprint request. However, there might be a few reasons why your citizenship fingerprints were requested:

• For Quality Assurance (QA)
  • Another citizenship/permanent residentship applicant may have a similar name and date of birth that (almost) matches your name and date of birth (especially if the other person’s application has been rejected)
  • A name or a date of birth similar to another person’s name and date of birth present in the criminal records.
This makes it clear that Canadian citizenship fingerprints are conducted only to ensure no fraud is committed and your identity is kept safe from someone else who might have similar credentials.

In the Quality Assurance (QA) case, people or applicants are randomly chosen. Now, you may know other people who have gone through the process of gaining Citizenship but might have a different Quality Assurance experience. They may have to present different documents, and you might have to present documents different than theirs. If picked during QA, you are required to provide additional documents. The practice and process of Quality Assurance change regularly. These changes are made by the IRCC.

If your fingerprint is asked for because someone holds a name and date of birth similar to your name and date of birth, your fingerprint will help distinguish your identity and keep any confusion at bay in the future.

If your fingerprint is asked for because someone with a criminal record has a name or date of birth similar to yours, your fingerprints will be sent to the RCMP. The RCMP will then run your fingerprint in their criminal database to see if you are a match.

Reactions: pdiddly

jcanilanza

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Davao City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I called IRCC this morning and asked about my PR (I couldn't ask about Citizenship because it's not in the option of my inquiry). So they confirmed again that they are still processing my documents and I asked the agent why it's already passed the normal processing time. The agent then wrote a note to the officer that I called and that the processing time have gone passed. The agent advised me to wait for 60 days, and if that 60 days have passed again I will have to call them.

That's all, just sharing. Hoping for more patience! Good luck everyone :)

Hi there,

My husband has the similar timeline to your PR renewal and Citizenship application so just wanted to share his case.

He applied the citizenship via online last October, and at the same time, he applied for his PR card renewal as his PR card is about to expire in the early 2024.

He applied for PR card via paper in the middle of November, received AOR in the middle of December. It took almost a month for him to receive his AOR.

Considering you applied for your PR card renewal in the last month, (and also considering nowadays the process seems being slower down over Christmas /New Years holiday time). I assume that they received your application (as the agent confirmed it) but yet has begun processing your application. Usually, once they start processing the application, it won't take much time to complete it. (It took about a month for my husband to receive his AOR but then it only took about 5 days for him to see on the tracker the completion of his application which says IRCC sent out his new PR card)

I believe your AOR should be on the way, and your PR renewal will be processed soon as well, especially when the agent already confirmed they received your application.

Nothing to worry unless the processing time is extremely being delayed and you have any plan to travel out of Canada soon. Wish you the best!

Reactions: Krystine

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Hi,

I called IRCC this morning and asked about my PR (I couldn't ask about Citizenship because it's not in the option of my inquiry). So they confirmed again that they are still processing my documents and I asked the agent why it's already passed the normal processing time. The agent then wrote a note to the officer that I called and that the processing time have gone passed. The agent advised me to wait for 60 days, and if that 60 days have passed again I will have to call them.

That's all, just sharing. Hoping for more patience! Good luck everyone :)

Yeah, there is always no harm to call and ask! :) Btw, have you yet received the AOR? Did you get to check the junk folder by any chance?
Once you receive the AOR which includes the application number, by using that number you can easily track the status of your application through their website too.
Again, good luck on your PR card process as well as your Citizenship too!

Adp1724

Jan 24, 2017
Type: Online
Physical Presence Days:1112.5
Application: Single
Application sent: October 29, 2023
Delivered: October 29, 2023
AOR: November 21, 2023
BG Completed: November 29, 2023
Test Invite: December 23, 2023
Test Completed: January 04, 2024
Test Updated: January 09, 2024