+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2023 - Citizenship Applications

ppreyes3

Mar 2, 2017
Hi, my husband and I completed the test on separate days - mine on Dec 4 and his on Dec 11. Our office is West in Vancouver. I’m just wondering if they wait until both of us completed our test until they post complete on our tracker or would we get separate status of completion on different days? Thank you!

muthukrishnans

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Category........
CEC
Physical Presence Days:1121
Application returned: 2023-11-20
Application re-submitted: 2023-11-20

Reason:
Due to my kid’s Birth Certificate document was blank or NOT clear.
Earlier I have submitted with a scanned copy didn’t had any barcode to verify it’s originality took look time ago from online services in India.

Downloaded the Birth Certificate again which had a Bar Code to prove it is original with clarity
Received AOR: 2023-12-12

ajamal87

Nov 1, 2023
I have made the asked fingerprint in the 4th of December and I passed the test on the 9th of December. How long should it take to be updated on the system?

Leo king

Jun 9, 2017
I had the same issue , instead of calling them I emailed them and they said I don’t need to write the test again my test results are still valid they said it was a technical error on their behalf. I would suggest sending them an email on the email address provided on that email before writing test again. I will trying and copy and paste my conversation with them maybe it will help. I just got the confirmation today that test was completed.

Dear Officer

I got two test requests with different timelines, as shown on the attached picture. I however wrote the test on Monday December 4th , so was just confirming if the test has been received as I have not heard back from you . Just checking if it has anything to do with the different timelines.

Regards

Their reply

Hello,

Please be advised that we experienced some technical issues while scheduling your test time frame. We have corrected the issue. You now have 30 days to complete the test.

Thank you for your understanding.

IRCC Official NSJ

Me:

Thank you very much for the response . Do I need to take the test again ? Since I had taken it on the 4th of December already.

Their reply:

Hello,

Your test results are valid and you will not need to write the test again.

Thank you,

IRCC Official NSJ
I sent them an email yesterday but no reply.
Should I take test or wait for another day? Please advise

Leo king

Jun 9, 2017
I sent them an email yesterday but no reply.
Should I take test or wait for another day? Please advise
I sent them email yesterday but no reply. Sent them new email today with all attachments, no reply. Now I am bit worried because I am traveling out of country on Saturday and not knowing that my test is valid or not?

Wafaa7

Nov 27, 2023
AOR Nov 16
BG completed Nov 30 updated Dec 2 for me but not for my husband.
No test invite yet.
If my husband had BG not yet completed, could this impact my application? Please share your experience?

usman1018

Jun 11, 2016
I sent them email yesterday but no reply. Sent them new email today with all attachments, no reply. Now I am bit worried because I am traveling out of country on Saturday and not knowing that my test is valid or not?

My wife and I found ourselves in a similar situation of receiving two test invites. After coming across this post yesterday, I promptly sent an email detailing the issue. Today, I contacted IRCC to inquire about the status since I hadn't received a response. Upon checking, they confirmed that it was a system glitch and thanked me for sharing this information over email, it aided the officer in marking the test as completed on their end. I posed the same question regarding my wife, and the suggestion was made for her to send a similar email, which should resolve the issue. We both took the test on Dec 05.
I would recommend calling IRCC to check for any actions taken after sending the email.

ccalc

Dec 13, 2023
Hey all,

Been lurking here for a while, but I figured I'd make an account since there's a lot of discussion about people seeing two separate updates titled "Scheduled for citizenship test".

The same thing happened to me.

My status tracker has the following two statuses:

Dec 3rd: "You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between December 4, 2023 and January 2, 2024. Information and instructions will be sent to you."

Dec 4th: "You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between December 4, 2023 and December 25, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you."

The tracker also listed two separate "Actions required" in orange boxes at the top - both of them telling me to take the test.

It's important to note, that in my case, I only received one "Notice to Appear" email, asking me to take the test between Dec 4 and Dec 25.

I took the test on Dec 4th.

Yesterday (Dec 12th), my tracker was updated with "Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed". Both of the orange boxes also disappeared, and my application appears to be on track.

I did not contact the IRCC at any point regarding this glitch - I don't believe there is any need to do so.

Last edited:

PG8

Aug 5, 2021
Hi All, I have completed my Citizenship test on Dec08 and I have passed the exam(19/20). But in tracker it is still displaying as In progress. I see many of the people got updated in the tracker with in 2-3 days. I have received test email from Scarborough office. Any inputs please.

padCanPR2020

Mar 23, 2020
Hey all,

Been lurking here for a while, but I figured I'd make an account since there's a lot of discussion about people seeing two separate updates titled "Scheduled for citizenship test".

Dec 3rd: "You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between December 4, 2023 and January 2, 2024. Information and instructions will be sent to you."

Dec 4th: "You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between December 4, 2023 and December 25, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you."

The tracker also listed two separate "Actions required" in orange boxes at the top - both of them telling me to take the test.

It's important to note, that in my case, I only received one "Notice to Appear" email, asking me to take the test between Dec 4 and Dec 25.

Yesterday (Dec 12th), my tracker was updated with "Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed". Both of the orange boxes also disappeared, and my application appears to be on track.

I did not contact the IRCC at any point regarding this glitch - I don't believe there is any need to do so.
Hi, Is your application processing from Vancouver? Yesterday I saw another member with similar test date getting their tracker updated too.

Leo king

Jun 9, 2017
Hey all,

It's important to note, that in my case, I only received **one** "Notice to Appear" email, asking me to take the test between Dec 4 and Dec 25.

Thank you for your input. I called ircc yesterday and agent advice me to take test again because 1sr invitation has been cancelled due to administrative error.

padCanPR2020

Mar 23, 2020
Thank you for your input. I called ircc yesterday and agent advice me to take test again because 1sr invitation has been cancelled due to administrative error.
Sorry. Can you please clarify what’s meant by first invitation? We get a link in the doc which we use to register and attend the test. How can invitation be cancelled?

ccalc

Dec 13, 2023
Hi, Is your application processing from Vancouver? Yesterday I saw another member with similar test date getting their tracker updated too.
Hey! Based on the email address I got the test notice from, yes, it is being processed in Vancouver.