+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Melsoob

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Same. My husband's BG completed on Nov 27 and nothing since then. We tried calling but could not get through anyone.
Was able to speak to an agent, who obviously could not say much but did confirm that his application is being processes in Niagara. Anyone has any feedback on how fast Niagara office is currently? Thanks

ZionCanadahopeful

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
29-02-2019
Passport Req..
01-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2019
LANDED..........
16-05-2019
People applying with Kids ,,, does your kids application stays just in applied state?
My background and citizenship test all completed but my kids is still on just applied state and no progress is this common?

zackzzz

May 10, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Anyone with AoR on Nov 22 still have not have portal updated on the tests?

I got the AoR on Nov 22 and background passed on Nov 27, but the portal is still showing "Not Started" on Citizenship Test part, and no ghost updates after that.

I called in the call center this morning and the agent basically just told me to wait. Although now I know that the Niagara Falls office is processing my application.

Reactions: Melsoob

padCanPR2020

Mar 23, 2020
I think a lot of people are panicking earlier than they should. When we applied, the timeline on the website was 17 months. We only applied in October, we should be patient.
That’s a fair point. But people do become restless when others with same timeline are getting their applications processed faster than theirs :)

Reactions: mukomana

Liquid_231

Star Member
May 9, 2018
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1100
Application: Single
Application sent: October 26th, 2023
Delivered: October 26th, 2023
AOR: November 21st, 2023
Ghost update: Nov 29,2023
Background completed : November 29th, 2023 but updated on Dec 1st
No further ghost updates
Test invitation on application: for period of Dec 11-Jan 9 2024. Updated on application on Dec 6
Test done on Dec 11 12:50am ET (Dec 10, 10:50pm MST : Unofficial score 19/20
Have you received "Test Completed" update yet?

Melsoob

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Anyone with AoR on Nov 22 still have not have portal updated on the tests?

I got the AoR on Nov 22 and background passed on Nov 27, but the portal is still showing "Not Started" on Citizenship Test part, and no ghost updates after that.

I called in the call center this morning and the agent basically just told me to wait. Although now I know that the Niagara Falls office is processing my application.
My husband and you, both have the same timeline. Called this morning and was told exactly the same. I guess the Niagara office is slower

santreddy22

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Calgary
Category........
Other
I think a lot of people are panicking earlier than they should. When we applied, the timeline on the website was 17 months. We only applied in October, we should be patient.
Exactly! We need to control our anxiety levels. IRCC is doing their best to give the citizenships in a three-month span compared to what we had in 2020/2021. People who applied in those years were devasted looking at how long it took. We should be glad that they are processing our applications at the utmost speed. I am laughing at some posts looking at people and how their anxiousness rules them in their daily lives. :D

ZionCanadahopeful

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
29-02-2019
Passport Req..
01-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2019
LANDED..........
16-05-2019
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1366
Application:Family
Application sent: Oct 6th 2023
Delivered:Oct 6th 2023
AOR: Nov 3rd 2023
BC: Nov 14th 2023
Citizenship test IP: Nov 17th 2023
Test schedule: Nov 26th 2023
Test given: Nov 30th 2023
Citizenship test completed: Dec 7 2023
LPP: Dec 8 2023

I did not get any email from cic after my citizenship test schedule, no ghost update nothing,, i just happened to check tracker today to see LPP is also completed.

I assume next step is to get email for Citizenship cermony

mukomana

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
That’s a fair point. But people do become restless when others with same timeline are getting their applications processed faster than theirs :)
That’s the thing I wish IRCC would just have a first come first served basis , because that’s the only frustrating thing that some wait for a day and some for a month to pass the same stage

Reactions: padCanPR2020

Liquid_231

Star Member
May 9, 2018
That’s the thing I wish IRCC would just have a first come first served basis , because that’s the only frustrating thing that some wait for a day and some for a month to pass the same stage

I am afraid this is highly impossible! I express concern regarding the effectiveness of a "first come, first served" approach, as the intricacies of individual or group (e.g., family) applications vary significantly. These variances can be categorized chronologically into ROUTINE and NON-ROUTINE applications. It is conceivable that an existing AI system may manage this categorization as part of decision making processes. However, as an exemplification, even if "single applicants" submit their applications on the same day, the processing requirements may differ, such as the need for fingerprints. Consequently, one applicant's processing time could be considerably faster than another's.

In essence, my contention is that due to the unknown state, structure, composition, and complexity of each application filed by one party, it is unwise to succumb to anxiety as this is may be unhealthy. The information shared on this platform is intended, at the very least, to offer a conceptual understanding or a plausible timeline for the potential finalization of your application as for any other person. Yes, ask questions, make follow-ups but do not give room to ANXIETY.

I hope this helps. Thanks.

Reactions: santreddy22

santreddy22

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Calgary
Category........
Other
I am afraid this is highly impossible! I express concern regarding the effectiveness of a "first come, first served" approach, as the intricacies of individual or group (e.g., family) applications vary significantly. These variances can be categorized chronologically into ROUTINE and NON-ROUTINE applications. It is conceivable that an existing AI system may manage this categorization as part of decision making processes. However, as an exemplification, even if "single applicants" submit their applications on the same day, the processing requirements may differ, such as the need for fingerprints. Consequently, one applicant's processing time could be considerably faster than another's.

In essence, my contention is that due to the unknown state, structure, composition, and complexity of each application filed by one party, it is unwise to succumb to anxiety as this is may be unhealthy. The information shared on this platform is intended, at the very least, to offer a conceptual understanding or a plausible timeline for the potential finalization of your application as for any other person. Yes, ask questions, make follow-ups but do not give room to ANXIETY.

I hope this helps. Thanks.
Top notch!

We should avoid comparing our application with others since many factors might overrule it due to its complexity, straightforwardness, and routine applications.

sweet2818

Star Member
Jul 8, 2021
true - there’s no need for panic at this point. I believe most of the applications are moving at good speed. With Christmas just around the corner lots of staff will be on vacation and its expected that each step of application be taking bit more time than it was a month ago.