Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
Reactions: Kornet

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
Application date: 15th October 2022
Biometrics: 17th October 2022
Current status: background check since application date
Anyone else applied from london, what's your timeline?
hey
I havent applied from London but from Europe. I applied from Italy, so maybe we can find some similiarities.
application submitted on 30/sept, biometricsd done on 07/oct and nothing afterwards. no news, no updates nothing.
on their website it says within 30 days they will let us know and they'll give us some sort of progress update so 7 more days of waiting and after that I'll try something else.

Symba02

Oct 28, 2022
hey
I havent applied from London but from Europe. I applied from Italy, so maybe we can find some similiarities.
application submitted on 30/sept, biometricsd done on 07/oct and nothing afterwards. no news, no updates nothing.
on their website it says within 30 days they will let us know and they'll give us some sort of progress update so 7 more days of waiting and after that I'll try something else.
Processing time for London says 143 days so I guess it's going to be a long wait

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
Processing time for London says 143 days so I guess it's going to be a long wait
I'm not sure though how it works. because when I submitted my application processing time was 45 days. and since it has been 3 weeks from my application, now the processing time is 115 days from Italy. so which one should I consider valid? the actual one or the one from my application day?
I guess we're gonna live to find out.

Symba02

Oct 28, 2022
I'm not sure though how it works. because when I submitted my application processing time was 45 days. and since it has been 3 weeks from my application, now the processing time is 115 days from Italy. so which one should I consider valid? the actual one or the one from my application day?
I guess we're gonna live to find out.

Processing times are updated every week so it keeps increasing. I guess it's the current time we should consider. Fingers crossed

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
Processing times are updated every week so it keeps increasing. I guess it's the current time we should consider. Fingers crossed
honestly I dont find it very logical. I applied more than 3 weeks ago, when it was 45 days but since then, with requests increase, I should wait more? shouldnt it be like first in first out kind of logic?
not trying to be a critic but only to speak my mind.
let's hope for the best

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
the fact that processing our requests are taking so long, can be an indicator of rejecting?
has anyone received the visa after waiting like +100 days?
I feel like if they want to grant you the visa, they'll do it quickly. like 2 weeks and off you go. if it takes more than that then, maybe we should start getting worried.
any comments?

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
the fact that processing our requests are taking so long, can be an indicator of rejecting?
has anyone received the visa after waiting like +100 days?
I feel like if they want to grant you the visa, they'll do it quickly. like 2 weeks and off you go. if it takes more than that then, maybe we should start getting worried.
any comments?
Rejecting or refusal is the easiest to do. Approvals require a lot more in depth review of an application. If the intent is to reject, they can do that even faster, not wait for 4 to 5 months.

They simply have got loads of applications for all categories, not enough work force even after covid norms relaxation.

Reactions: Kornet

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
Rejecting or refusal is the easiest to do. Approvals require a lot more in depth review of an application. If the intent is to reject, they can do that even faster, not wait for 4 to 5 months.

They simply have got loads of applications for all categories, not enough work force even after covid norms relaxation.
thanks for your input. I really hope so. personally, my request was for christmas holidays, from 15/12 to 08/01/2023 (based on my timeline, biometrics done 07/10) if they dont answer me soon enough, I probably wont be able to organize everything and maybe have to reconsider my vacation.
but a question, if in my application I say i want to be in Canada from 15/12 to 08/01 and then something comes up and i have to postpone my departure to like 27/12, would that be a problem? like entering later than requested ...

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
thanks for your input. I really hope so. personally, my request was for christmas holidays, from 15/12 to 08/01/2023 (based on my timeline, biometrics done 07/10) if they dont answer me soon enough, I probably wont be able to organize everything and maybe have to reconsider my vacation.
but a question, if in my application I say i want to be in Canada from 15/12 to 08/01 and then something comes up and i have to postpone my departure to like 27/12, would that be a problem? like entering later than requested ...
No. Your date of travel is always indicative and of course subject to lot of factors.

uday121

Jan 12, 2016
Hi. Congratulations.
Did you receive message when eligibility started?

I forgot to sign my invitation letter. Just wrote my name there. Should i send a webform for that??
Please reply.

I applied for both parents,but only my dad have Valid US visa and travel history to US and Canada. Do you think they will process their application together under Can+?
there was no message when the status changed to eligibility started , No need for signature on invitation letter . I am not sure , may be your father application will be processed under CAN +