+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 visitor visa applicants

nandy70772

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Hi everyone. My father's visitor visa was approved back in 2019 and he had completed his biometrics as part of the process in December 2018. However, his passport expired last year and therefore, his Canadian visitor visa expired too. Couple of questions as I help him apply for a new visitor visa:

1. Is it the same process for a renewal as any other regular net new visitor visa application?
2. Should he now apply on the new portal?
3. Does he have to do his biometrics again? (been less than 5 yrs since the last one)
4. Will the process for my father be sooner since he's had a visitor visa in the past, including travel history to Canada?

Thank you!
Thank you all for your inputs. I have a quick follow up question regarding documents. After filling out the online application form, in the documents section, the two mandatory documents requested are:
1. National ID
2. Passport

... and that's it. Is this normal and based on certain responses (for example, my father visited Canada in the last 5 years)? There is space for 'additional documents' but no specific request for Financials, invite letter from me etc.

Want to make sure I'm doing this right and not missing anything. Thanks!

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
Hey guys, hope you're doing fine.
is there anyone here who applied from Europe? Italy in particular? I feel like my application has taken longer than it should and I really need to speak with someone with same experience.
dont be shy to write ... thanks

paulius90

Oct 27, 2022
Hi,
We got passport request today , but only for my father, my moms application still shows in progress. My dad is principal applicant with accompanying spouse. Any suggestions on what to do about it ? Or should we just wait for my moms passport request?

Kindly suggest.
Please and Thank
Hello have you got the passport request letter for the rest of family member? I am in the same boat, I got my passport request but not for my wife and my son. I am the principal applicant. Completed biometrics on Oct 13, then my letter came on Oct 24, nothing shows up since.

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
Hello have you got the passport request letter for the rest of family member? I am in the same boat, I got my passport request but not for my wife and my son. I am the principal applicant. Completed biometrics on Oct 13, then my letter came on Oct 24, nothing shows up since.
Hi
where did you apply from?

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
Hi, thank you for replying. I am applying from Indonesia.
I have checked and processing time is 56 days approximately.
I am also the main applicant and my wife is accompanying me. we completed the biometrics on 07th october and nothing since. we applied from Italy, we live here and we are premanent residents here. it seems like there is no logic in the process. how they request passports.
when we applied processing time was 45 days and now its 115 days. which one will be applied on our case? 45 or 115?

paulius90

Oct 27, 2022
I am also the main applicant and my wife is accompanying me. we completed the biometrics on 07th october and nothing since. we applied from Italy, we live here and we are premanent residents here. it seems like there is no logic in the process. how they request passports.
when we applied processing time was 45 days and now its 115 days. which one will be applied on our case? 45 or 115?
I just checked and it's 55 days (previously 56 days).
Have you got your passport request letter?

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
I just checked and it's 55 days (previously 56 days).
Have you got your passport request letter?
lucky you that it's still the same.
no we havent. we havent heard from them since the biometrics completion.
i guess i must consider it normal.

ShahPrateek

Jun 4, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Not aware when it was done!!
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2014... 3rd line updated on 11 Nov 2014
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2015
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
HI All,

I applied for my in laws Visitor Visa. They do have a Valid US visitor visa. . Timeline as follows:

Application submitted: Oct 16, 2022
Biometrics Letter: Oct 17, 2022
Biometrics done: Oct 20, 2022

Their Canadian Visa got expired in June 2022. So I am assuming it will be processed under Can+.

I think waiting game starts now!
Original Passport Request received today.

Reactions: lucasinho

s_hassan27

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
I submitted visitor visa application for my son (1 year old) on September 22, 2022. There is no update as of now. Can somebody tell me what is the processing time for visitor visa application by the IRCC recently?
Every country u r applying from have different timeline. Check processing of ur country u applied from on IRCC website.

Symba02

Oct 28, 2022
Application date: 15th October 2022
Biometrics: 17th October 2022
Current status: background check since application date
Anyone else applied from london, what's your timeline?