+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 visitor visa applicants

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
I've applied visitor visa on 17 September
Today I received Correspondence letter.
Before this " we are reviewing your eligibility whether you meet"
Now it has changed to we are processing your application.
Can anyone guide what is next?
Does it mean a positive decision or refuse?
Any update ?

Mayyah16

Nov 24, 2022
Hi. I applied for TRV on 17 October '22, and my husband and I have completed our biometrics, respectively on the 19th and 21st October '22. Since then our applications have been "in progress". We have applied through GC key. Processing time for my country has changed from 106 days to 184 days (last updated on 20 December '22). Is anyone else in a similar situation? We think that applying through the new IRCC portal might have processed it faster. Is the new IRCC portal processing visitor visa applications faster than GC key these days? Also, Does the visa processing time exclude passport request/stamping?

The thing is we issued a flight ticket only for the purpose of application, with tentative dates being 27 Nov to 10 Dec in the UK, and 10 Dec to 2 February in Canada. My husband got an approval letter from his work for the same dates. My sister (who's a PR holder) sent an invitation letter for the same dates. Since we just got married we were thinking of touring UK and Canada, but because of the delay, we held off our travel to the UK as well. But we are thinking of travelling at later dates. Is there a chance our application might be rejected based on the dates?

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Hi. I applied for TRV on 17 October '22, and my husband and I have completed our biometrics, respectively on the 19th and 21st October '22. Since then our applications have been "in progress". We have applied through GC key. Processing time for my country has changed from 106 days to 184 days (last updated on 20 December '22). Is anyone else in a similar situation? We think that applying through the new IRCC portal might have processed it faster. Is the new IRCC portal processing visitor visa applications faster than GC key these days? Also, Does the visa processing time exclude passport request/stamping?

The thing is we issued a flight ticket only for the purpose of application, with tentative dates being 27 Nov to 10 Dec in the UK, and 10 Dec to 2 February in Canada. My husband got an approval letter from his work for the same dates. My sister (who's a PR holder) sent an invitation letter for the same dates. Since we just got married we were thinking of touring UK and Canada, but because of the delay, we held off our travel to the UK as well. But we are thinking of travelling at later dates. Is there a chance our application might be rejected based on the dates?
It is difficult to say that new portal is faster than GC key but yes it seems like it’s much faster as per info shared by diff applicants. Visit visa applications never ask for confirmed travel tickets, u just have to share them with your plans. I believe there must be no issue related to the dates mentioned as u have attached invitation letter from your sister.
So don’t worry hope for the best. Don’t worry about 184 days, it varies. In the month of November and December People who have applied through new portal are getting responses between 15 days to 2 months after submission of applications.
Passport submission and stamping normally takes 5 to 10 working days depending upon your country and mode of submission.
We sent through courier for submission to VAC than they further sent to Singapore. Passports we returned with visa within 1 week.

Reactions: Mayyah16

ayoka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th June, 2014
Nomination.....
7th October , 2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
18th Feb, 2015
Med's Done....
20th Feb , 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19th June, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28th August 2015
LANDED..........
8th sept 2015
Hello house. My sister applied for a visiting visa since August 2022 and to my surprise the status changed today to application withdrawn without requesting for a withdrawal. Please anybody experienced this before? What do we do? None of us initiated a withdrawal. Can cic withdraw without us requesting?

Mayyah16

Nov 24, 2022
It is difficult to say that new portal is faster than GC key but yes it seems like it’s much faster as per info shared by diff applicants. Visit visa applications never ask for confirmed travel tickets, u just have to share them with your plans. I believe there must be no issue related to the dates mentioned as u have attached invitation letter from your sister.
So don’t worry hope for the best. Don’t worry about 184 days, it varies. In the month of November and December People who have applied through new portal are getting responses between 15 days to 2 months after submission of applications.
Passport submission and stamping normally takes 5 to 10 working days depending upon your country and mode of submission.
We sent through courier for submission to VAC than they further sent to Singapore. Passports we returned with visa within 1 week.

Do you think we can re-apply through the IRCC portal or can we just wait? So far, it's in progress..

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Do you think we can re-apply through the IRCC portal or can we just wait? So far, it's in progress..
Better to wait now as you have already paid the fee as well and it’s just over 2 months. So wait for now and reconsider this approach after 1 month atleast

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
I thought I'd start a thread for October applicants. Here's my history so far, on behalf of my Cuban mother-in-law. I'd be happy to see other people's progress:

Oct 13: application submitted and received, IRCC client number generated

Oct 13: request for biometrics appointment
My Cuban mother in law just walked out of the Canadian embassy with a 6 yr multiple entry visa.

And all she showed for income was $12 per month retirement income in Cuba!

Reactions: KKE and Kornet

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
When she arrived back home the next day she reported that all the Cubans she spoke with at the embassy also received 6 year multiple
entry visitor visas.