+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 visitor visa applicants

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Hi all,

have a query regarding passport renewal
Can we renew passport in home country with valid visitor visa stamp before travelling to canada for first time ?
As the old passport will be punched while getting a new one. Is it acceptable at immigration

TIA
I don’t know which country are u from. In our country we have ab option if some one has a valid visa they will not cancel the passport . A stamp will be affixed stating “ANOTHER PASSPORT #_______ is issued in lieu of this passport”

lp89

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
Hi guys,

My wife just received Passport request on 9th December and the latest appointment for passport submission we could get is 16th December.

Does anyone knows how long does it take to get the passport stamped after submissions?

FYI:

• Her Spousal PR application is already in process.
  • Medical and Biometrics were exempted (as she had already done that for PR)
  • I had applied for her visitor visa on 15 October 2022

Thanks

Cansin01

Jan 16, 2019
Hi guys,

My wife just received Passport request on 9th December and the latest appointment for passport submission we could get is 16th December.

Does anyone knows how long does it take to get the passport stamped after submissions?

FYI:

Thanks
Congrats. I believe you applied her PR under Family class from India?

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Hi guys,

FYI:

Thanks
5-10 days Max

Reactions: lp89

lp89

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
Congrats. I believe you applied her PR under Family class from India?
Yes, She is an outland applicant for the Spousal PR under the family class. Which is still in the background check stage. This passport request has came through under her Visitor Visa application.

Oct 3, 2022
Yes, She is an outland applicant for the Spousal PR under the family class. Which is still in the background check stage. This passport request has came through under her Visitor Visa application.
Congrats!!

My wife's PR is in process. Just received AOR last week. Planning to apply Visitor's for her. Can you please share your Visitor's visa timeline and reason you mentioned as well? And also did you mention that PR is in process and visitors visa is a dual intent in Invitation Letter? And what re the points that your wife had to prove for ties to back home?

Cansin01

Jan 16, 2019
Congrats!!

My wife's PR is in process. Just received AOR last week. Planning to apply Visitor's for her. Can you please share your Visitor's visa timeline and reason you mentioned as well? And also did you mention that PR is in process and visitors visa is a dual intent in Invitation Letter? And what re the points that your wife had to prove for ties to back home?
Congrats for AOR! How much time it takes now a days for AOR ?

M99

Nov 11, 2022
When did you apply for visitor visa

lp89

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
5-10 days Max
Thanks
Congrats!!

Applying visitor visa is a risk.. but again! it varies case-by-case. I applied her Visitor Visa after 40 days from getting my sponsorship approval.
  • My wife is not employed so we did not have anything to prove strong ties back home.
  • I just wrote an honest invitation letter stating that we just want to meet and spend time together because the PR file is taking long. (we did mention full detail of the PR application including file number, and current status of the application, etc,.)
  • I showed my funds, employment letter, tax returns, etc,.
  • She also wrote a cover letter assuring them that she will obey the Visitor Visa conditions, blah, blah, blah..
We had also gone for a few weeks of holidays to Japan after applying her Spousal PR. So we did put pictures and boarding passes from that trip in her Visitor Visa. (may be that also helped to prove that our relationship is genuine).

Hope this helps. and good luck.

Oct 3, 2022
Thanks

Applying visitor visa is a risk.. but again! it varies case-by-case. I applied her Visitor Visa after 40 days from getting my sponsorship approval.
  • My wife is not employed so we did not have anything to prove strong ties back home.
  • I just wrote an honest invitation letter stating that we just want to meet and spend time together because the PR file is taking long. (we did mention full detail of the PR application including file number, and current status of the application, etc,.)
  • I showed my funds, employment letter, tax returns, etc,.
  • She also wrote a cover letter assuring them that she will obey the Visitor Visa conditions, blah, blah, blah..
We had also gone for a few weeks of holidays to Japan after applying her Spousal PR. So we did put pictures and boarding passes from that trip in her Visitor Visa. (may be that also helped to prove that our relationship is genuine).

Hope this helps. and good luck.
Thank you!!
Would you mind sharing the timeline for Visitors Visa?
I am hoping that it will get done within 90days for our anniversary!

alice1

Dec 13, 2022
I received my PPR Dec 02, and passport was delivered to ottawa processing center Dec 06. Till now, I haven't gotten my passport stamped with the counterfoil yet. Is that normal?? Usually it takes a few days to happen