Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
Med's Done....
13-01-2017
I applied to sponsor my wife on Oct 2021.
I'm on month 15 of our sponsor application and so far I have only AOR. Not even sponsor approval is completed yet.
Tried contacting via MP and IRCC confirmed that all documents are received and no decision has been made yet.
Basically they're not updating the pr tracker and whenever I call them or send webform or send inquiry via MP, they tell me that application is still within timeline. I don't know if there will be any movement in the next 2 months (official timeline is 17 months now).
When I tell them that many people who submitted in similar times already landed, they tell me not to compare timelines as each case is different.
Applied for ATIP 3 months ago and haven't received any details other than a generic automatic email about delays due to covid.
Why is IRCC treating people like this? I'm super frustrated. Can I do something here? Anyone else on similar boat?

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
We submitted our app in Nov 2021 and we are in a similar situation, although we have received sponsor approval. Everything else shows as "Not Started" in the new tracker, but I'm thinking (and hoping) that this means nothing. In GCKEY it says they are reviewing eligibility.

We haven't received pre-arrival or anything, but I'm really hoping that one day (soon) we will just receive our PPR.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We submitted our app in Nov 2021 and we are in a similar situation, although we have received sponsor approval. Everything else shows as "Not Started" in the new tracker, but I'm thinking (and hoping) that this means nothing. In GCKEY it says they are reviewing eligibility.

We haven't received pre-arrival or anything, but I'm really hoping that one day (soon) we will just receive our PPR.
Try contacting your MP.

BadLuckPigeon

Feb 24, 2023
I applied to sponsor my wife on Oct 2021.
I'm on month 15 of our sponsor application and so far I have only AOR. Not even sponsor approval is completed yet.
Tried contacting via MP and IRCC confirmed that all documents are received and no decision has been made yet.
Basically they're not updating the pr tracker and whenever I call them or send webform or send inquiry via MP, they tell me that application is still within timeline. I don't know if there will be any movement in the next 2 months (official timeline is 17 months now).
When I tell them that many people who submitted in similar times already landed, they tell me not to compare timelines as each case is different.
Applied for ATIP 3 months ago and haven't received any details other than a generic automatic email about delays due to covid.
Why is IRCC treating people like this? I'm super frustrated. Can I do something here? Anyone else on similar boat?
Hello. I can feel how frustrated you are because I am experiencing somewhat similar too. And I checked today, the normal processing time is 16 months now.

I am at the 16th to 17th month since my application is received yet haven’t heard from IRCC for months. My application sticks still at the PR eligibility checking. As people from my region reported they can get COPR in within a year of time plus I received the welcoming service invitation before I leave my home country , I already quitted my job and moved to Canada to wait for it last summer so that I can stay with my spouse. But I didn’t expect the wait can be this never-ending and stressful, especially I cannot get any job here to catch up with the rocketing grocery prices. The worst part of it, you have already submitted an application and you cannot change to inland application which gives you at least a local identity to work, get a driving license etc during the endless wait.

I searched the internet again and again but seems that all we can do is wait. Tried contacting IRCC office but no reply. Seeking help from MP seems to be the most constructive thing I can do. I don’t know how to give you any useful advice but just want to share our story with you. You also inspired me to seek help from my MP. Will update here if anything happens.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I searched the internet again and again but seems that all we can do is wait. Tried contacting IRCC office but no reply. Seeking help from MP seems to be the most constructive thing I can do. I don’t know how to give you any useful advice but just want to share our story with you. You also inspired me to seek help from my MP. Will update here if anything happens.
Order your gcms notes also.

KrishnaManohar

Feb 27, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
Med's Done....
13-01-2017
Hello. I can feel how frustrated you are because I am experiencing somewhat similar too. And I checked today, the normal processing time is 16 months now.

I am at the 16th to 17th month since my application is received yet haven’t heard from IRCC for months. My application sticks still at the PR eligibility checking. As people from my region reported they can get COPR in within a year of time plus I received the welcoming service invitation before I leave my home country , I already quitted my job and moved to Canada to wait for it last summer so that I can stay with my spouse. But I didn’t expect the wait can be this never-ending and stressful, especially I cannot get any job here to catch up with the rocketing grocery prices. The worst part of it, you have already submitted an application and you cannot change to inland application which gives you at least a local identity to work, get a driving license etc during the endless wait.

Man, that's rough! Hang in there.
I've applied for ATIP notes on Sept 2022 and still have no response. I have sent multiple follow up emails as well. Just the automated response "COVID blah blah" Don't know what else I can do.

BadLuckPigeon

Feb 24, 2023
I've applied for ATIP notes on Sept 2022 and still have no response. I have sent multiple follow up emails as well. Just the automated response "COVID blah blah" Don't know what else I can do.
Lesson learnt... Don't rest assured until receiving the CoPR! The welcoming message and referral to welcoming service may not be meaningful in implying how long you will still need to wait at all.

By the way, I also applied the ATIP / GCMS notes. I thought the pledge for IRCC to respond to the request is within 30 days. I feel so sorry for you having no follow up on both your ATIP request and sponsorship application! Have you considered making another application for the notes under a different Act?

khapyy

Mar 6, 2023
Hello everyone,

I'm Canadian, and we applied for outland sponsorship (we both live outland). Paper application was submitted on 27 October 2021.
Am very impatient and check my email daily. Still no AOR
Did you got AOR now?

khapyy

Mar 6, 2023
Did you get anything? I
i have also applied in sept 2022, but got nothing yet. Pls update if you'll reveive anything

KrishnaManohar

Feb 27, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
Med's Done....
13-01-2017
Lesson learnt... Don't rest assured until receiving the CoPR! The welcoming message and referral to welcoming service may not be meaningful in implying how long you will still need to wait at all.

By the way, I also applied the ATIP / GCMS notes. I thought the pledge for IRCC to respond to the request is within 30 days. I feel so sorry for you having no follow up on both your ATIP request and sponsorship application! Have you considered making another application for the notes under a different Act?
Yeah, I'm going to try making another application for ATIP.
Another thing I want to update here is that for the past 3 weeks, I've seen that the date on the PR tracker gets updated every working day. I believe it's called a 'ghost update'. Anyone know if it's some kind of a sign that things are progressing?

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Everyone has been getting those "ghost updates" since the system update in January. It likely means nothing.

KrishnaManohar

Feb 27, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
Med's Done....
13-01-2017
Did you get anything? I
i have also applied in sept 2022, but got nothing yet. Pls update if you'll reveive anything
Dude, we applied in Oct 2021 as mentioned in this thread. All we have is AOR, nothing else.

KrishnaManohar

Feb 27, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
Med's Done....
13-01-2017
Everyone has been getting those "ghost updates" since the system update in January. It likely means nothing.
ok. Is your application finalized? if not, what is the status of your application?