+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[OCTOBER 2021] - Inland SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP (Portal / Online ONLY)

TCan01

Apr 17, 2022
Hello All,

Started this thread for all the application whom submitted inland using the online portal.

When providing your timeline please use this format:

Application Type: Inland
Application Submitted: October XX, 2021
Format: Online / Portal
Temp AOR: December XX, 2021
AOR: February XX, 2022

_harinderkaurs

Jun 24, 2019
Hello, I wanted to ask, are they accepting online applications for Inland Spousal Visa? Are they picking up files on random basis? How to apply for open work permit?

TCan01

Apr 17, 2022
Hello, I wanted to ask, are they accepting online applications for Inland Spousal Visa? Are they picking up files on random basis? How to apply for open work permit?
They are still accepting online however, noticed that the paper applications are getting quicker responses. I would be forced to believe they are picking up files on random based on the number of Oct 2021 applicants whom applied online whom received only AOR1.

_harinderkaurs

Jun 24, 2019
Thank you!
We wanted to do it online but considering we won’t be able to apply for open work permit until we receive AOR, we would be applying offline.

Is there any particular way of arranging the documents and any specific way to mail out the package? Shall we staple the papers together or just send loose sheets?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you!
We wanted to do it online but considering we won’t be able to apply for open work permit until we receive AOR, we would be applying offline.

Is there any particular way of arranging the documents and any specific way to mail out the package? Shall we staple the papers together or just send loose sheets?
Follow the guide and the document check list. I arranged the forms and documents according to the order listed on that check list (and including it).
Do not staple (I think it's in the guide as well) and you could use paper clips or just keep them loose if you want to. IRCC will scan them after receiving the application.

sparkles_

Jun 26, 2020
Follow the guide and the document check list. I arranged the forms and documents according to the order listed on that check list (and including it).
Do not staple (I think it's in the guide as well) and you could use paper clips or just keep them loose if you want to. IRCC will scan them after receiving the application.
Hi. Are you able to share where you saw the no staple comment? I checked both the document checklist and the “sponsoring your spouse; partner, or dependent child” page which is referenced in the document checklist and I don’t see anything there

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi. Are you able to share where you saw the no staple comment? I checked both the document checklist and the “sponsoring your spouse; partner, or dependent child” page which is referenced in the document checklist and I don’t see anything there
It's in the guide 5525. Again read ALL the instruction in the guide + document check list + instructions on the forms.

Regardless of who you are sponsoring:
  • Always check country specific requirements before submitting your application.
  • For some countries, originals of certain documents are required. In these cases, you must submit the original and not a copy. If you do not submit original documents when required, your application will be returned as incomplete.
  • Don’t use staples, binders, plastic sleeves, folders or albums to submit your application. Elastic bands for photos or paper clips are acceptable.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html#submit

Sarahmc89

Dec 24, 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html

about half way down the page - step 5 - "
  • Don’t use staples, binders, plastic sleeves, folders or albums to submit your application. Elastic bands for photos or paper clips are acceptable.

ctrl-F and search " staples" if you want to search on the whole page

Reactions: sparkles_

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
btw. this discussion is about online application. So I guess the staples or not is a bit off topic. :D

sparkles_

Jun 26, 2020
thank you everyone! sorry for derailing the online app related questions to paper app related ones . best of luck to everyone!!

Reactions: YVR123

karanvir jassal

May 18, 2018
Hi all,

has anyone got their PR yet. I have applied online in Dec. and its an inland sponsorship file.
Just wanna check how long does it take right now for the portal.