+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2021 *INLAND* SPONSORSHIP

Amitaaa

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
Hello guys,
My husband's visitor visa is expiring in May 2022. and his 6 months are going to be over in last week of Feb 2022.
We received Temporary AOR in December 2021. But still waiting for AOR.
Can anyone please guide us what to do next?
Should i apply for visitor visa extension or what else.?

Major2710

Star Member
Dec 22, 2021
i suggest apply for a visitor record as a just incase, it shows your trying to keep a legal status within the country, you can always withdraw the application if you get an ecopr before the visitor record if processed

Amitaaa

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
Thank you Major for the suggestion. I called IRCC yesterday, they advised me not to apply for a visitor record since his PR is in process.
This morning I got an email from IRCC, saying that my file as a sponsor, is in process. They gave me the application number as well. But there is no AOR letter attached with it. Is there anyone in the same boat?

Major2710

Star Member
Dec 22, 2021
Thank you Major for the suggestion. I called IRCC yesterday, they advised me not to apply for a visitor record since his PR is in process.
This morning I got an email from IRCC, saying that my file as a sponsor, is in process. They gave me the application number as well. But there is no AOR letter attached with it. Is there anyone in the same boat?
oh great ,since your application is proceeding and still have time for the expiry then your good...

I extended mine in case and a good thing i did cause my application got returned and hence it would put me in trouble

Amitaaa

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
UPDATE: my husband never received full AOR confirmation but today he got Medical Request and I linked his account to gckey his biometrics are updated too.

Reactions: Takumi

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Application Submitted: October 8, 2021
Temporary AOR: December 13, 2021
Permanent AOR: January 28, 2022
Medical Exam Request: January 28, 2022

ZaFa

Nov 20, 2019
Hey guys,

I sent my application in October they received it on the 29th October. I have had no response..for the past week I have been trying to call but I have never got through. Today I finally managed to speak to someone. She confirmed my application has been processed and gave me my temp AOR number.

I never received an email to confirm that, she had said they sometimes don’t send any emails.
Did this happen with anyone else?
Thank you

Khushboo2105

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hey guys,

I sent my application in October they received it on the 29th October. I have had no response..for the past week I have been trying to call but I have never got through. Today I finally managed to speak to someone. She confirmed my application has been processed and gave me my temp AOR number.

I never received an email to confirm that, she had said they sometimes don’t send any emails.
Did this happen with anyone else?
Thank you
Hi. I've submitted mine on 23rd oct. I did give a call last week and the agent gave me my temp AOR. Still did not receive any email.

Major2710

Star Member
Dec 22, 2021
yes sometimes people dont received their temp AOR numbers and can collect it from the agent by calling IRCC

Major2710

Star Member
Dec 22, 2021
you need your AOR to link to the gckey to get updates,

the only way you can know otherwise is by getting biometric and medical reminder emails and stuff