+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2021 *INLAND* SPONSORSHIP

Teaa

Feb 22, 2022
I’m on a very complicated situation myself too. I applied in april last year but my application was as returned in October because of a missing signature, I fixed everything and sent my application back right away. Because my application was returned, I lost my status and had to stop working. I couldn’t restore my status because it was mire than 90 days since my work permit expired. Long story short…my wife is canadian citizen, I have a 20 months old canadian child and another on the way and just got my AOR end of February. I’ve been begging ircc to expedite my working permit because we really need the income (the wife is on maternal leave) We approached the MPs office and they have been trying to help but last time I wrote a letter for IRCC and they told the MP office to ask me for a detailed letter and to send some proof documents. Honestly I was like WTF?? I’m about to pull the plug on this and just wait. I can’t believe how the guvmint is a pile of crap and look away to help canadians and people that have been here paying taxes but prioritize some other people. That’s BS to me.
Our situations are so similar. I originally applied in March and it was returned in September - I lost my status during that time too. So frustrating, but I can't even imagine the additional stress with children to support as well. I would say in my experience the MP involvement really does help although I don't know why they asked for those additional documents for the work permit unless they are thinking to just expedite the whole PR application - hope that is the case!

Teaa

Feb 22, 2022
Same here, the PR Tracker seems to be more up to date.

Did you receive the portal invite yet? I received the portal invite on April 5, responded with my info same day and got the login details the following day.

LS809

Apr 29, 2019
Our situations are so similar. I originally applied in March and it was returned in September - I lost my status during that time too. So frustrating, but I can't even imagine the additional stress with children to support as well. I would say in my experience the MP involvement really does help although I don't know why they asked for those additional documents for the work permit unless they are thinking to just expedite the whole PR application - hope that is the case!
TBH, the whole PM thing has been more for status updates than anything else. Still appreciated though. It’s been hard but at least the application is finally moving

Reactions: Teaa

LS809

Apr 29, 2019
Same here, the PR Tracker seems to be more up to date.

Did you receive the portal invite yet? I received the portal invite on April 5, responded with my info same day and got the login details the following day.
No portal invite yet. The tracker is updated with eligibility and background check completed and I can see the CoPR number and expiry date. Hopefully this week

Jop2022

Feb 17, 2022
Hello there! Finally I got my Portal Invite, so is this the AIP status already? Thanks.
No. That's better than AIP. Your application is just like mine as I never got AIP. That means your permanent resident application has been approved. Upon receiving the credentials and uploading your information to the portal, you'd get your eCOPR and PR card.

Reactions: dungski

Sarahmc89

Dec 24, 2017
Hello Fellow October Inlanders
Thought I would share my timeline, hoping i'm not too far away from that finish line.

Application Type: Inland
Application Submitted: October 26th
Format: Paper
Temp AOR: December 3, 2022
AOR: December 23rd , 2022
Medical Request: Feb 3rd, 2022
Medical Done: Feb 4rd, 2022
Medical Passed: Feb 19th, 2022
Biometrics Done: On file already 2019
Pre Arrival letter : Mar 6th , 2022
OWP Approved: Mar 24th , 2022
OWP Received:
Mar 31st , 2022
Background Started: April 5/6th , 2022
Background Complete:
Portal Invite:

ECoPR

LS809

Apr 29, 2019
No portal invite yet. The tracker is updated with eligibility and background check completed and I can see the CoPR number and expiry date. Hopefully this week
Just a quick update…got the portal invite today!
In your experience guys, how long did it take for you to receive the credentials after replying to the emIl?

Khushboo2105

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hello Fellow October Inlanders
Thought I would share my timeline, hoping i'm not too far away from that finish line.

Application Type: Inland
Application Submitted: October 26th
Format: Paper
Temp AOR: December 3, 2022
AOR: December 23rd , 2022
Medical Request: Feb 3rd, 2022
Medical Done: Feb 4rd, 2022
Medical Passed: Feb 19th, 2022
Biometrics Done: On file already 2019
Pre Arrival letter : Mar 6th , 2022
OWP Approved: Mar 24th , 2022
OWP Received: Mar 31st , 2022
Background Started: April 5/6th , 2022
Background Complete:
Portal Invite:
ECoPR
Hi. Did you submit your owp application together with the sponsorship application?

Teaa

Feb 22, 2022
Just a quick update…got the portal invite today!
In your experience guys, how long did it take for you to receive the credentials after replying to the emIl?
That's great!

It took two days for me to get the credentials. I then completed the virtual landing on a Saturday and got the eCOPR on the following Tuesday.

In case you run in to the same issue...I had a bit of difficulty with the photo. First it said it was either too bright or dark and it didn't meet the required pixel size. When I changed the frame of the crop the first issue went away, but I wasn't able to figure out the pixel size so submitted it anyway and it was approved.

Reactions: LS809

LS809

Apr 29, 2019
That's great!

It took two days for me to get the credentials. I then completed the virtual landing on a Saturday and got the eCOPR on the following Tuesday.

In case you run in to the same issue...I had a bit of difficulty with the photo. First it said it was either too bright or dark and it didn't meet the required pixel size. When I changed the frame of the crop the first issue went away, but I wasn't able to figure out the pixel size so submitted it anyway and it was approved.
Thanks for the advice! I got the invitation on Tuesday and today got a similar email which I replied to (again) Hopefully will get credentials next time.

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
I just wanted to share my time line and brief history that will hopefully provide some hope for some. I am the sponsor. PA was out of status since 2016, entered Canada as a foreign worker,

Inland Common Law
PA from Jamaica
Application received by IRCC October 24, 2021
Temp AOR December 3, 2021
AOR Jan 29, 2022
Contacted by CBSA to appear for an interview Jan 31, 2022
Biometrics already done from foreign worker visa
Medical exam Feb 2, 2022
Medical passed Feb 11, 2022
Paid Right of Permanent Residency Fee and sent receipt via webform to avoid being asked later as we didn't pay it when we sent the application

Appeared for interview with CBSA Feb 17, 2022 where my partner was "arrested" and surrendered his passport, and advised to show up monthly to report his existence to CBSA. It was very scary when they placed him under arrest but not physically and its normal procedure as my partner had a warrant out for his arrest as his employer reported him when he left the foreign workers program back in 2017. We had to go back for another interview a week later where he plead guilty for over staying his visa, again all normal procedures. My partner also got an exclusion order but needed to be finalized and we would be contacted for another interview or look out for a letter in the mail. nothing happened and my guess is them knowing we had an immigration application in progress they did not make it a priority to do anything about the exclusion order or wanted to awaiting the outcome of the spousal application . My partner reported monthly as required.

Background check start March 8, 2022

on April 11, 2022 an immigration officer called me (no caller ID) to ask if my partner had his passport on him. I was shocked getting a call from IRCC as I thought they don't do that, but I told them that he had surrendered it to CBSA in February. I asked the officer if she was conducting this question as part of his background check and her exact words were" we are not quite there yet" I was confused because the tracker stated his BCG started back in March. the next day, April 12, to my surprise and delight, BCG and Eligibility were completed on the tracker.

Sponsor approval also arrived on April 12 and also received Pre-Arrival
Decision made on PA side on April 14 in the AM and AIP letter emailed to us in the PM. They requested proof of RPRF again which I sent them through GCKEY. not really sure how long it will take them to process it but the letter they sent asking for it stated they can't issue CORP documents without it. just a small bump but we are in the home stretch.

We did everything on our own, and only consulted with a immigration lawyer prior to sending the application and after the first interview with CBSA. we are over the moon and it doesn't seem real as we anticipated a long wait especially considering the situation with his status.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJH85