+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Yes that is right. What I have applied with is Expired Passport with Explanation, PR card and OHIP.

However, I have just realised the fact that I have just submitted the Bio page of the Passport. I double checked this with the downloaded copy of online application. On page 11 of 20, it asked me if I had travel document or passport in which I replied yes and then further down on the same page I was asked to submit just the "Bio page of this document" so I submitted ONLY Bio page. On the other hand, on the document checklist and instruction guide, it says clearly that an applicant is supposed to submit ALL pages of the passport blank or not.

Not I am confused and concerned if my application will be accepted or not. I have been waiting for so long and when it's time to get AOR I learned this :(

Can anyone please suggest what did they do with their online application? Did they apply with Bio page only as asked OR they submitted ALL the pages in answer to the Bio page! Please let me know. Thank you
Your IDs are OK. You submitted PR Card and OHIP, that's sufficient as it is two valid IDs, AND the PR card is accompanied with a Canadian ID (OHIP). Your expired Passport would not be accepted as ID, but since you have met the requirement of minimum 2 IDs, you are fine.

Regarding travel document, you did the right thing by uploading the bio page of your expired passport. Regarding uploading ALL pages of passport, the online application does not prompt for it. I personally believe this is simply because the requirement of all pages came only in June/ July 2021, the guide was updated, but not the online application. By this logic, I personally uploaded all pages of my passports under other documents at the end of the application, and mentioned my reasoning to do so in a letter of explanation.

Now for you, I think you will still get your AOR and will be asked to upload all pages of your passport maybe at a later date. I wouldn't worry about it; I think most people submitting online did not upload all pages as the application didn't prompt for it.

Reactions: Shining Moon

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hi All,
I applied for citizenship for my wife Oct 2021. Few days back received an email saying
“Your application was created in our system on December 10, 2021 and is currently in progress.

You can now follow the progress of your application with our Citizenship Application Tracker.”

To create an account, I need the Application Number that I have not received neither in an email, not hard copy. This email doesn’t say the Application number either.

what should be done?
The application number is in the AOR email which comes several days BEFORE this email you are talking about. Ask your wife to check her email around December 10...she probably missed it.

@MBKP @Rtzi

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
Your IDs are OK. You submitted PR Card and OHIP, that's sufficient as it is two valid IDs, AND the PR card is accompanied with a Canadian ID (OHIP). Your expired Passport would not be accepted as ID, but since you have met the requirement of minimum 2 IDs, you are fine.

Regarding travel document, you did the right thing by uploading the bio page of your expired passport. Regarding uploading ALL pages of passport, the online application does not prompt for it. I personally believe this is simply because the requirement of all pages came only in June/ July 2021, the guide was updated, but not the online application. By this logic, I personally uploaded all pages of my passports under other documents at the end of the application, and mentioned my reasoning to do so in a letter of explanation.

Now for you, I think you will still get your AOR and will be asked to upload all pages of your passport maybe at a later date. I wouldn't worry about it; I think most people submitting online did not upload all pages as the application didn't prompt for it.
Thank you so much for your explanation. I sincerely appreciate it. I have got AOR just today morning. So I hope they just keep me in line and process normally

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

nvteja

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Online applicants from June are yet to receive any updates on their applications. Very few June 1 applicants started getting theirs last week, so hopefully they will pick the pace up over coming weeks.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Gabhruu

Feb 2, 2022
Application type: online
Physical presence: 1780 days
Application: Married
Application sent: October 31
Application received: Oct 31st, 2021

Shah1728

Jan 30, 2022
My mother’s application has been returned citing it does not meet physical presence of 1095 days. Her presence in Canada was 1143days including full 806 days after becoming PR and 337 days counted as 0.5 days before becoming PR when she was on Visitor Visa/ Super Visa. My understanding was her stay on a visitor visa before becoming permanent residence can be counted as 0.5 day towards her 1095 days presence requirement. If anyone has similar situation or have information about it please share. Thank you.

octadag

Oct 20, 2014
My mother’s application has been returned citing it does not meet physical presence of 1095 days. Her presence in Canada was 1143days including full 806 days after becoming PR and 337 days counted as 0.5 days before becoming PR when she was on Visitor Visa/ Super Visa. My understanding was her stay on a visitor visa before becoming permanent residence can be counted as 0.5 day towards her 1095 days presence requirement. If anyone has similar situation or have information about it please share. Thank you.
806 +( 337*0.5) = 974.5 days , < 1095 days

Reactions: Shining Moon

Shah1728

Jan 30, 2022
806 +( 337*0.5) = 974.5 days , < 1095 days
No, total calendar day presence was 674 before becoming PR so counted 337 as 0.5 days. So, my Question is during the above mentioned time she was on Visitor visa and Super Visa. Is it considered as a temporary resident and whether this time spent in Canada can be used for total physical presence or not?

octadag

Oct 20, 2014
A temporary resident is someone who is authorized to enter or stay in Canada as a:

• visitor
  • student
  • worker or
  • temporary resident permit holder

It should count. You can try and call them to confirm whether it counts. Check that the eligibility date is also 1 day before application date. ( if application date is Jan 1 2022, eligibility end date should be is Dec 31 2021 ). Also application date can't be post-dated.

pvarma

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Hi All,
I applied for citizenship for my wife Oct 2021. Few days back received an email saying
“Your application was created in our system on December 10, 2021 and is currently in progress.

You can now follow the progress of your application with our Citizenship Application Tracker.”

To create an account, I need the Application Number that I have not received neither in an email, not hard copy. This email doesn’t say the Application number either.

what should be done?
Check junk folders. This mail comes normally after one week of receiving AOR