+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Well I gave my fingerprints on May 2. Yet to see anything about that on my tracker, but it's only been a weak.

On May 3, I got an email from Program Support division of the Sydney Office saying my file has been taken out of regular processing because they do not have a Canadian address on file. I saw this note saying "No Canadian address and sent to Program Support" on my GCMS notes dated June 2022. So they sat on it for 11 months after taking it out of processing queue. They could have reached out to me 11 months ago and I would have immediately provided a Canadian address.

What is even more infuriating is:
1. I was advised by IRCC over the phone (even before I applied) that a Canadian Address is not required when one resides in the US because IRCC is able to send communication to US (an exception, any other country and you need to provide Canadian address).
2. I'm quite sure I recall that it used to be published on federal website that a Canadian address is not required and US address sufficed, although I cannot find that link now.
3. Every time I called, they noted I do not have a Canadian address on file, and each time I asked if I needed one, and they replied "No, we do not require a Canadian Address." Twice, I even asked if they RECOMMENDED it, and again as told "no."
4. Every time I called I asked if my file was in regular processing or was there a hold. Every time they lied and told me there was no hold and it was processing regularly.
5. Every time I called I asked if they needed any information from me and every time they advised, "No, we have everything we need."
6. I even sought MP's help and asked about that note in my GCMS notes, and even then, they said they had everything they need.

11 months.... they identified an issue (which I had no way of knowing would be an issue) and they did not tell me.

19 months have passed since I submitted my application, and yeah my only progress to report (besides an AOR in January) is that I gave my fingerprints last week...

Sorry for the rant...but the last week was pretty frustrating for me.

Anyway I provided a Canadian address per their request the very same day. I fully expect them to still just sit on my file for another long period of time.
That's terrible! They penalize honesty! Someone else would have just put in a Canadian correspondence address. I hope they do start processing your file soon.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
I gather that they are currently busy rescheduling cancelled oaths so they may not reply right away. Normally, once you're scheduled, the call centre agent would be able to see it before it shows on your tracker. I don't know if emailing will help. If you're not yet scheduled, they would likely send you a standard template reply saying that you're in queue for the next event. But you can try.
Thanks for the information. I called on Friday and agent wasn’t helpful. She said everything is completed and wait for next steps from the office and keep an eye out on emails.

is this correct email:
IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

How about you? any updates?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Thanks for the information. I called on Friday and agent wasn’t helpful. She said everything is completed and wait for next steps from the office and keep an eye out on emails.

is this correct email:
IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

How about you? any updates?
Should be the right email for Scarborough.

Latest notes reveal that my file was allocated to an officer last month and it's in "review ready", but no progress since then. MP office was told that my urgent processing request has been received, but no decision made on it yet.

Reactions: manmoi31

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Should be the right email for Scarborough.

Latest notes reveal that my file was allocated to an officer last month and it's in "review ready", but no progress since then. MP office was told that my urgent processing request has been received, but no decision made on it yet.
oh, okay. Hopefully it all completes sooner for us. Good luck.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
That's terrible! They penalize honesty! Someone else would have just put in a Canadian correspondence address. I hope they do start processing your file soon.
Thanks for the support...indeed I am being completely transparent with them, and maybe it wasn't a good idea.

I hope you get a response to your urgent processing request too.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
It’s so frustrating and annoying. I totally understand and hope now things move quicker for you.
They should focus on people they left in backlog instead sending oath invites to Late 2022 applicants.
We should be put in prioritized processing as we are waiting for quite long, rather applicants who are not even 1 year marked till the application date. My LPP was completed 3 weeks ago and still waiting Oath whereas there are so many applied in late 2022 receiving oath invites from same local office and still people are complaining in the forum for delays….:(

Process is so unfair and translucent.
Thanks for the support.

Yes, all they really care about is making their numbers look good, so they process a small percentage of newer files really quickly...

You are at the very final stage though. I hope you will get your oath in a week or two.

Reactions: manmoi31

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Thanks for the support.

Yes, all they really care about is making their numbers look good, so they process a small percentage of newer files really quickly...

You are at the very final stage though. I hope you will get your oath in a week or two.
Thanks and hopefully:)

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi John
How do you get the info " review ready". When I call they are not very helpful. Thanks
Found it in case notes obtained via ATIP request. Under location it would say e-grant test ready/review ready/oath ready etc depending on the stage of processing.

I don't know if the call centre agents can see this but they're usually not very helpful.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash