+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

sam2018

May 23, 2018
It's official.. My interview which was scheduled for tomorrow got cancelled because of the strike. Received an email saying it will be rescheduled. Of course no one knows when. Waiting for many months and when there is finally a movement this happens. :(

Last edited:

xkcox

May 18, 2022
I'm end of Sep with AOR in mid-Dec. What is your current status? I'm waiting for LPP (not even started) after delayed background check (completed in Feb). Applied for urgent processing before the strike.
I completed the test in August 2022. Was invited for online interview in Jan. Everything else still in progress.

Amy83

Aug 14, 2018
It's official.. My interview which was scheduled for tomorrow got cancelled because of the strike. Received an email saying it will be rescheduled. Of course no one knows when. Waiting for many months and when there is finally a movement this happens. :(
Oh man!!! That must really suck. Im so sorry. Hopefully when they are back from strike they will reschedule all these oaths immediately.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Language skills, Physical presence marked completed on 17 Apr, 2023.
Background verification, Prohibitions still in progress. How long would this take to get the Oath?

sam2018

May 23, 2018
Oh man!!! That must really suck. Im so sorry. Hopefully when they are back from strike they will reschedule all these oaths immediately.
Thankfully it didn't time to reschedule after the strike. Got a date for my interview. May 29th but they moved it from Mississauga to Scarborough.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Can we send email to local office confirming Oath date? Everything was completed 3 weeks ago. Application dated Oct 24 2021.
I called call centre and agent stated please wait for office to send communication.
Local office : Scarborough

Amy83

Aug 14, 2018
I had an update on March 5th Language & Prohibitions completed.
My timeline:
AOR October 2021.
Background check completed Jan 2022.
Test completed August 2022
In person interview Jan 2023 Scarborough
Language & Prohibitions completed March 2023.
Physical Presence in progress.

My husband we have filed together as a family.
Here is his timeline:
AOR October 2021.
Requested for fingerprints in Feb 2022.
Received fingerprints & Background was completed April 2022.
Now his March 5th update was just Background back to "in progress"
No other changes.
Why would his background go back to "in progress"?
Also we have been waiting for a long time. We have sent webforms with no feedback.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
I had an update on March 5th Language & Prohibitions completed.
My timeline:
AOR October 2021.
Background check completed Jan 2022.
Language & Prohibitions completed March 2023.
Physical Presence in progress.

My husband we have filed together as a family.
Here is his timeline:
AOR October 2021.
Requested for fingerprints in Feb 2022.
Received fingerprints & Background was completed April 2022.
Now his March 5th update was just Background back to "in progress"
No other changes.
Why would his background go back to "in progress"?
Also we have been waiting for a long time. We have sent webforms with no feedback.
Background is back to “In progress” because fingerprints are valid only for a year. The applicant will be asked to resubmit the fingerprints.

Reactions: Amy83

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Can we send email to local office confirming Oath date? Everything was completed 3 weeks ago. Application dated Oct 24 2021.
I called call centre and agent stated please wait for office to send communication.
It doesn’t hurt to send an email to the local processing office to urge them to send an oath invite. It is not guaranteed to work though.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
It doesn’t hurt to send an email to the local processing office to urge them to send an oath invite. It is not guaranteed to work though.
Thanks, I will wait till next end of week as it will be a month after LPP completion.

How are you? any updates on your application.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Thanks, I will wait till next end of week as it will be a month after LPP completion.

How are you? any updates on your application.
Well I gave my fingerprints on May 2. Yet to see anything about that on my tracker, but it's only been a weak.

On May 3, I got an email from Program Support division of the Sydney Office saying my file has been taken out of regular processing because they do not have a Canadian address on file. I saw this note saying "No Canadian address and sent to Program Support" on my GCMS notes dated June 2022. So they sat on it for 11 months after taking it out of processing queue. They could have reached out to me 11 months ago and I would have immediately provided a Canadian address.

What is even more infuriating is:
1. I was advised by IRCC over the phone (even before I applied) that a Canadian Address is not required when one resides in the US because IRCC is able to send communication to US (an exception, any other country and you need to provide Canadian address).
2. I'm quite sure I recall that it used to be published on federal website that a Canadian address is not required and US address sufficed, although I cannot find that link now.
3. Every time I called, they noted I do not have a Canadian address on file, and each time I asked if I needed one, and they replied "No, we do not require a Canadian Address." Twice, I even asked if they RECOMMENDED it, and again as told "no."
4. Every time I called I asked if my file was in regular processing or was there a hold. Every time they lied and told me there was no hold and it was processing regularly.
5. Every time I called I asked if they needed any information from me and every time they advised, "No, we have everything we need."
6. I even sought MP's help and asked about that note in my GCMS notes, and even then, they said they had everything they need.

11 months.... they identified an issue (which I had no way of knowing would be an issue) and they did not tell me.

19 months have passed since I submitted my application, and yeah my only progress to report (besides an AOR in January) is that I gave my fingerprints last week...

Sorry for the rant...but the last week was pretty frustrating for me.

Anyway I provided a Canadian address per their request the very same day. I fully expect them to still just sit on my file for another long period of time.

• Wow
Reactions: manmoi31

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Well I gave my fingerprints on May 2. Yet to see anything about that on my tracker, but it's only been a weak.

On May 3, I got an email from Program Support division of the Sydney Office saying my file has been taken out of regular processing because they do not have a Canadian address on file. I saw this note saying "No Canadian address and sent to Program Support" on my GCMS notes dated June 2022. So they sat on it for 11 months after taking it out of processing queue. They could have reached out to me 11 months ago and I would have immediately provided a Canadian address.

What is even more infuriating is:
1. I was advised by IRCC over the phone (even before I applied) that a Canadian Address is not required when one resides in the US because IRCC is able to send communication to US (an exception, any other country and you need to provide Canadian address).
2. I'm quite sure I recall that it used to be published on federal website that a Canadian address is not required and US address sufficed, although I cannot find that link now.
3. Every time I called, they noted I do not have a Canadian address on file, and each time I asked if I needed one, and they replied "No, we do not require a Canadian Address." Twice, I even asked if they RECOMMENDED it, and again as told "no."
4. Every time I called I asked if my file was in regular processing or was there a hold. Every time they lied and told me there was no hold and it was processing regularly.
5. Every time I called I asked if they needed any information from me and every time they advised, "No, we have everything we need."
6. I even sought MP's help and asked about that note in my GCMS notes, and even then, they said they had everything they need.

11 months.... they identified an issue (which I had no way of knowing would be an issue) and they did not tell me.

19 months have passed since I submitted my application, and yeah my only progress to report (besides an AOR in January) is that I gave my fingerprints last week...

Sorry for the rant...but the last week was pretty frustrating for me.

Anyway I provided a Canadian address per their request the very same day. I fully expect them to still just sit on my file for another long period of time.
It’s so frustrating and annoying. I totally understand and hope now things move quicker for you.
They should focus on people they left in backlog instead sending oath invites to Late 2022 applicants.
We should be put in prioritized processing as we are waiting for quite long, rather applicants who are not even 1 year marked till the application date. My LPP was completed 3 weeks ago and still waiting Oath whereas there are so many applied in late 2022 receiving oath invites from same local office and still people are complaining in the forum for delays….:(

Process is so unfair and translucent.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I gather that they are currently busy rescheduling cancelled oaths so they may not reply right away. Normally, once you're scheduled, the call centre agent would be able to see it before it shows on your tracker. I don't know if emailing will help. If you're not yet scheduled, they would likely send you a standard template reply saying that you're in queue for the next event. But you can try.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash