+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
I undertand your frustration but know that many of us from Oct are still waiting.
Are you also still waiting for test Invite? I don’t think there are too many of us who are yet to have any progress at all since submission.

I remember, atleast towards the end of last year, you were one of them, along with myself…

Last edited:

Jaz999

Star Member
Sep 19, 2022
Hello everyone, I am currently lost as I got an update on the 1st of April to attend an interview on the 12th of April. The update says I am going to be sent the instructions on how to attend and what documents to bring to the interview. That said, I have been checking my email since April first expecting to receive the invitation but to no avail. As for the progress of my application: applied November 2021 and only background and test are completed the rest are still in progress and oath ceremony not started yet. That’s me in a nutshell. Please help with answers for these question and thanks in advance.

1. When should I be expecting to receive the invitation? Based on your experience or that of someone you know?

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hello everyone, I am currently lost as I got an update on the 1st of April to attend an interview on the 12th of April. The update says I am going to be sent the instructions on how to attend and what documents to bring to the interview. That said, I have been checking my email since April first expecting to receive the invitation but to no avail. As for the progress of my application: applied November 2021 and only background and test are completed the rest are still in progress and oath ceremony not started yet. That’s me in a nutshell. Please help with answers for these question and thanks in advance.

1. When should I be expecting to receive the invitation? Based on your experience or that of someone you know?
They tend to send information about appointments by email only a few days kn advance. There are still 9 days to go, so I would expect something by end of this week or early this week.

If you are anxious about it, email your processing office.

Jaz999

Star Member
Sep 19, 2022
Hello everyone, I am currently lost as I got an update on the 1st of April to attend an interview on the 12th of April.
What are the expected questions in the interview?

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hello everyone, I am currently lost as I got an update on the 1st of April to attend an interview on the 12th of April.
What are the expected questions in the interview?
Questions depend on the reason for the interview.

Off late, most interviews I have heard of is for applicants who took the test when out of Canada. Personally I think they are just verifying you are actually physically back, and no one is impersonating you etc. So it is very relaxed.

They ask you your name, your address, employment etc. Nothing usually to worry about.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
I was away for sometime so couldn’t post the update.

Background Check Completed- Mid of March 2023 Application Online: October 24,2021 and AOR- Early Jan 2022, Test Completed- Nov, 2022.

anyone else with BG completed recently waiting from October 2021 for LPP and Oath ?

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

sam2018

May 23, 2018
I was away for sometime so couldn’t post the update.

Background Check Completed- Mid of March 2023 Application Online: October 24,2021 and AOR- Early Jan 2022, Test Completed- Nov, 2022.

anyone else with BG completed recently waiting from October 2021 for LPP and Oath ?
Hi.. Yep still waiting. BG completed on Feb 13. Test completed in June 2022. Applied October 2021, AOR December 2021.

The wait continues.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Same here.. Scarborough office..
Thanks, did you give test outside of Canada? do you long travel history which could take long enough to verify physical presence?

I did test inside Canada and didn’t travel a lot- just 1-2 in last 4years.

sam2018

May 23, 2018
Thanks, did you give test outside of Canada? do you long travel history which could take long enough to verify physical presence?

I did test inside Canada and didn’t travel a lot- just 1-2 in last 4years.
Same here.. I went to the US for 2 short trips, couple of days for work and that's it.. Test in Canada too..

Scarborough office is just the slowest in town it seems.

Reactions: manmoi31

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Same here.. I went to the US for 2 short trips, couple of days for work and that's it.. Test in Canada too..

Scarborough office is just the slowest in town it seems.
Hopefully all get completed sooner. We already have waited in patience for months. Good luck all.

mmario

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Your citizenship application status
Updated:April 8, 2023

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.
Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!
Within the next few weeks, you’ll receive documents and information for your next steps as a new citizen.

And with this, my immigration process in Canada comes to an end! Thank you everyone for answering my questions.

All the best to everyone that is still waiting.

I lived in 4 countries so far, and Canada is by far the best.
Not perfect, but better than any other country that I have lived.

Probably the best and the most important investment that I have done in my life.

Good luck everyone :)

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
I’ve heard from a consultant that people that applied pre-spring 2022 have been taking a lot longer to process since the new IRCC staff was being put on the newer cases… it’s very unfair though! Have you tried ordering GCMS notes or calling them? Also I checked in this tracker and there’s still a decent amount of people who haven’t completed their oath from 2021. Can’t vouch for how up to date the info is but sounds about consistent with what you’re saying https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/canadian-citizenship-processing-tracker

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
I’ve heard from a consultant that people that applied pre-spring 2022 have been taking a lot longer to process since the new IRCC staff was being put on the newer cases… it’s very unfair though! Have you tried ordering GCMS notes or calling them? Also I checked in this tracker and there’s still a decent amount of people who haven’t completed their oath from 2021. Can’t vouch for how up to date the info is but sounds about consistent with what you’re saying https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/canadian-citizenship-processing-tracker
I think the above tracker is all over / does not give your all the details and is unreliable. Many who are at the last stages do not return to complete their entries. Thats why it looks like there are many abandoned, "still in processing" files.