+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

lilybell

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hi is this the message you see as well?

**I am taking this as our Citizenship applications have been approved and we need to wait the posting of our Citizenship certificates.

**Please let me know if you see a different message.

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.
Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!
Within the next few weeks, you’ll receive documents and information for your next steps as a new citizen.
Yes that's the message. I thought I saw on some other thread that Closed status only shows up once they've mailed the certificate. What date was this status updated for you? Also Scarborough office is supposed to be very fast at mailing certificates. I guess I'm being hopeful. Want to apply for the passport this year if possible.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes that's the message. I thought I saw on some other thread that Closed status only shows up once they've mailed the certificate. What date was this status updated for you? Also Scarborough office is supposed to be very fast at mailing certificates. I guess I'm being hopeful. Want to apply for the passport this year if possible.
The date of this status update was Dec 22. Yes I've heard a lot of people are receiving their certificates within a week as well. What was the update date on your status? I'll let you know when I receive my citizenship certificate. Can you please let me know when yours is received?

**That makes 2 of us. I would like to apply for a Passport this year as well. Guess we now have to wait till maybe the end of next week. If not mailed today probably they won't do anything until Tuesday.

lilybell

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
The date of this status update was Dec 22. Yes I've heard a lot of people are receiving their certificates within a week as well. What was the update date on your status? I'll let you know when I receive my citizenship certificate. Can you please let me know when yours is received?

**That makes 2 of us. I would like to apply for a Passport this year as well. Guess we now have to wait till maybe the end of next week. If not mailed today probably they won't do anything until Tuesday.
Yes that's the date for me as well. Yes I'll let you know as soon as I receive the certificate. I live so close to SCR so I thought I'd get it soon. Fingers crossed.

isingh9

Aug 28, 2017
Good news ! I got the Oath ceremony invitation for Jan 11

Here is my timeline
Canadian Citizenship Application
Online Application
Location at the time of application: Toronto
Submission date: July 17 2021
AOR date: Oct 9 2021
Test Date : 10 March, 2022
Background verification competed : Nov 25,2022
Prohibitions , Language and Physical presence completed : Dec 16,2022
Oath Ceremony started : Dec 20,2022

I have a question : I am outside of Canada for month of Jan and coming back in Feb . Can i reschedule this to Feb ? Anyone here who have recently reschedule their oath can share their experience.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Good news ! I got the Oath ceremony invitation for Jan 11

Here is my timeline
Canadian Citizenship Application
Online Application
Location at the time of application: Toronto
Submission date: July 17 2021
AOR date: Oct 9 2021
Test Date : 10 March, 2022
Background verification competed : Nov 25,2022
Prohibitions , Language and Physical presence completed : Dec 16,2022
Oath Ceremony started : Dec 20,2022

I have a question : I am outside of Canada for month of Jan and coming back in Feb . Can i reschedule this to Feb ? Anyone here who have recently reschedule their oath can share their experience.
You can ask for a reschedule but there is no option to select the date or the month. It will be decided by IRCC based on the next available slot. They might ask you to share the boarding pass once you are back.

vir

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Hi, something weird happened, on 22 December I checked tracker and found oath ceremony in progress and scheduled for it 17 Jan.
Today checked again and now tracker says oath ceremony not started .
Don’t know what’s going on. Anyone facing same situation????

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, something weird happened, on 22 December I checked tracker and found oath ceremony in progress and scheduled for it 17 Jan.
Have you received an email stating when your oath is scheduled?

ecekid

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
Finally! got my Oath of Citizenship invite for in-person ceremony.

Office: Winnipeg
Application: Oct 2021
Application Received: Dec 2021
Citizenship Test: April 2022
Fingerprints Required: April 2022
In-person Citizenship Ceremony: January 5, 2023

It has ended in praise. Best wishes for those still waiting.....
when was your BGC done? I got fingerprint requested in April 2022 as well but security screening is still pending.

vir

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016

vir

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Have you received an email stating when your oath is scheduled?
no, that happened in 2 consecutive days. No email notification.

maikudi

Sep 6, 2013
when was your BGC done? I got fingerprint requested in April 2022 as well but security screening is still pending.
Our timeline is similar. They asked for my fingerprint in April and was received by the office in May. My status on BGC changed to completed second week of December

Reactions: ecekid

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all I asked in a separate thread but no one replied. For all you applicants who took the oath in Dec, how long was it from the oath to receiving your certificate? I logged in to the tracker and saw my application 'Closed' and approved on 22 Dec.

Just trying to get an idea of my waiting time. Thanks to all who reply.

Kira77

Sep 4, 2022
Just received my citizenship certificate. Oath ceremony on Dec 20th. Case closed on tracker on Dec 22nd. Post mark says Dec 21. Received today, Dec 28th.
Hopefully they dispatch the certificates of the folks appeared for the oath on 22nd Dec.