+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
so finally had my citizenship ceremony. yay.

it was kind of funny, everyone's having some technical issues, the judge couldn't care less lol, when it came to saying the oath in french, it was such total chaos i couldn't control my laughter.
then it came to singing the national anthem, one lady decided to do it standing and also adjusted her camera angle so she is in full view and she's giving such passionate expressions lol

other than that when the clerk was going over my citizenship ceremony and im tellin him my address, when I come to Ontario part, he rudely snaps ' spell it' im like he doesn't know the spellings of Ontario? does he want me to spell Canada as well at the end. idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: km9203 and e_ca

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
other than that when the clerk was going over my citizenship ceremony and im tellin him my address, when I come to Ontario part, he rudely snaps ' spell it' im like he doesn't know the spellings of Ontario? does he want me to spell Canada as well at the end. idiot.
Crown employee in a nutshell. ;)

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so finally had my citizenship ceremony. yay.

it was kind of funny, everyone's having some technical issues, the judge couldn't care less lol, when it came to saying the oath in french, it was such total chaos i couldn't control my laughter.
then it came to singing the national anthem, one lady decided to do it standing and also adjusted her camera angle so she is in full view and she's giving such passionate expressions lol

may be the clerk was serious. He/she doesn't know how to spell. So many uneducated idiots in public service.

• Haha
Reactions: km9203 and kadjajsd

kenjia01

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
I'm finally at the end of the journey, got some updates this morning:

Application type: Online
Physical presence: 1111 days
Application: Single
Application sent: Oct 1st, 2021
Application received: Oct 1st, 2021
AOR: Dec 21, 2021
In process: Jan 5, 2022
Test Invite received: June 17
Test complete: June 24
FP requested: July 5
FP submitted: July 15
FP received: Aug 9
Background check completed: Aug 10
PP pages requested: Nov 11
PP pages submitted: Nov 16
Language/prohibitions completed: Dec 7
Physical presence completed: Dec 15
Oath scheduled: Dec 16
Oath ceremony: Jan 3, 2023

This is super unexpected as it typically takes them a while to go from decision made to oath letter and ceremony. But I guess I can't complain...Good luck to anyone who's still waiting especially with the Scarborough office! It seems like things are moving fast.

dpel1979

Jan 3, 2017
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-01-2019
Med's Request
10-05-2019
Med's Done....
17-06-2019
I had my oath ceremony on Nov 16; however, I haven't yet received my citizenship certificate, and more than four weeks have passed. Is anyone here having or had the same issue? My processing Centre is Niagara

Reactions: mashcan

Hello223

Feb 15, 2022
Hello,

My family and I took our test back in February. We waited MONTHS for the next update which happened in November. Everything has been marked as completed except the oath which is still not started. In ecas, it says decision has been made. We have also seen 2 ghosts updates (one in November and the other on Dec 16). However, it has been more than a month and still no oath invite. Should we reach out to them or continue waiting? Our PR is expiring soon.

mashcan

Sep 4, 2019
Hi,
Seems like your office is Niagara just like me. Can you share your timeline pls.
Sorry for the late!
Have a look:
Application history

• Nov 21, 2022
    Scheduled for Citizenship oath
    Citizenship ceremony
    Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on December 13, 2022. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

• Nov 21, 2022
    Oath or affirmation of citizenship form required
    We sent you the oath or affirmation of citizenship form. You’ll fill out this form at the ceremony. If you’re at an in-person ceremony, you’ll submit your signed form at the ceremony.
    If you are at a video oath ceremony, email your signed form to us (follow the instructions we sent you).

• Nov 21, 2022
    Activity status updated: Citizenship oath
    Citizenship ceremony
    Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress.

• Nov 3, 2022
    Activity status updated: Language skills
    Language skills
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.

• Nov 3, 2022
    Activity status updated: Physical presence
    Physical presence
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.

mashcan

Sep 4, 2019
I had my oath ceremony on Nov 16; however, I haven't yet received my citizenship certificate, and more than four weeks have passed. Is anyone here having or had the same issue? My processing Centre is Niagara
After our oath ceremony, the clerk clearly mentioned to us that it would take minimum 6 weeks to get the certificate. They also insisted not to email as it would hamper their processing. I took oath on Dec 13th at Niagara office. It may be different in your case.

Reactions: dpel1979

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All, just a word of a caution!

My document was rejected by IRCC because I chose an 'Electronic' signature with a selected 'Font'. IRCC asked me to re-sign and send the signed document. Hence I signed the document in a 'black' pen and scanned and resent the signed scanned form.

Tip: My recommendation is to just manually sign it and send it in after your Oath ceremony rather than opting for the electronic signature.

deweyng

Jan 11, 2022
After our oath ceremony, the clerk clearly mentioned to us that it would take minimum 6 weeks to get the certificate. They also insisted not to email as it would hamper their processing. I took oath on Dec 13th at Niagara office. It may be different in your case.
I had my ceremony with the Scarborough office. I got my certificate in less than 1 wk.

• Wow
Reactions: mashcan

deweyng

Jan 11, 2022
really? how do you know which office your ceremony is with?
did you have an urgent request?
The email that you received for your oath will have the abbreviation of the office. No, it wasn't an urgent request. I think another person in this thread (or the Scarborough thread) also mentioned he got the certificate 4 days after the ceremony too.

Reactions: kadjajsd

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
The email that you received for your oath will have the abbreviation of the office. No, it wasn't an urgent request. I think another person in this thread (or the Scarborough thread) also mentioned he got the certificate 4 days after the ceremony too.
mine is IRCC.DNMBSKCITCEREMONIES.

Any idea what this stands for?