+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

lilybell

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hi All, just a word of a caution!

My document was rejected by IRCC because I chose an 'Electronic' signature with a selected 'Font'. IRCC asked me to re-sign and send the signed document. Hence I signed the document in a 'black' pen and scanned and resent the signed scanned form.

Tip: My recommendation is to just manually sign it and send it in after your Oath ceremony rather than opting for the electronic signature.
How did they notify you that it was rejected? I just had my oath yesterday and sent my oath form signed manually and scanned. I'm wondering if they've accepted it. Also please advise when you get your citizenship certificate. I think you and I have the same office ( Scarborough)

deweyng

Jan 11, 2022
How did they notify you that it was rejected? I just had my oath yesterday and sent my oath form signed manually and scanned. I'm wondering if they've accepted it. Also please advise when you get your citizenship certificate. I think you and I have the same office ( Scarborough)
In my case, I didn't hear anything from them after sending the signed form via email, and then I got my certificate in the mailbox 5days after the ceremony. I guess they will reach out to you via email if there's a problem with your signed form. If not, then you're fine.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi they sent me an email stating that my form was not accepted for processing as it did not conform to the accepted methods of return under the 'Canadian Citizenship Act'. They specifically told me to ensure that my signature must match my signature from my ID I previously sent in (ie DL, Health Card, & PR Card).

Also, what color pen did you use to sign the form? My friend accidentally signed with a 'blue' pen and her form was sent back and she was asked to 're-submit' the form.

I am from the Scarborough office and will advise you when I receive my citizenship certificate.

**Sent them the signed form yesterday morning. No reply as of yet. Hoping that the form was accepted and 'no news is good news'.

lilybell

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
In my case, I didn't hear anything from them after sending the signed form via email, and then I got my certificate in the mailbox 5days after the ceremony. I guess they will reach out to you via email if there's a problem with your signed form. If not, then you're fine.
Thanks for the response. Was your office Scarborough and when was your oath?

lilybell

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hi they sent me an email stating that my form was not accepted for processing as it did not conform to the accepted methods of return under the 'Canadian Citizenship Act'. They specifically told me to ensure that my signature must match my signature from my ID I previously sent in (ie DL, Health Card, & PR Card).

Also, what color pen did you use to sign the form? My friend accidentally signed with a 'blue' pen and her form was sent back and she was asked to 're-submit' the form.

I am from the Scarborough office and will advise you when I receive my citizenship certificate.

**Sent them the signed form yesterday morning. No reply as of yet. Hoping that the form was accepted and 'no news is good news'.
Okay I guess no news is good news. I used a black pen. Thanks. I hope we get the certificates soon!

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Okay I guess no news is good news. I used a black pen. Thanks. I hope we get the certificates soon!
guys whats the passport procedure if I want to do urgent pick up. Do I just submit my passport application and then just go to the passport next day and pick it up? is that how it works.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys whats the passport procedure if I want to do urgent pick up. Do I just submit my passport application and then just go to the passport next day and pick it up? is that how it works.
I was talking to a friend of mine who took the Oath in late October and got her certificate in mid November yesterday. She applied and got her passport within 4 weeks.

She stated that their were 'urgent' options for those who wished to have their Passport processed quickly. However as she was not in a rush she did not go down this path. She stated that the fee for 'next business day' processing was quite high. The 'standard' processing is up to 4 weeks.

**Another note: If you apply for 'urgent' processing you need to provide documentary evidence of why you need the passport application processed quickly.

maikudi

Sep 6, 2013
Finally! got my Oath of Citizenship invite for in-person ceremony.

Office: Winnipeg
Application: Oct 2021
Application Received: Dec 2021
Citizenship Test: April 2022
Fingerprints Required: April 2022
In-person Citizenship Ceremony: January 5, 2023

It has ended in praise. Best wishes for those still waiting.....

Reactions: manmoi31

lilybell

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
My citizenship tracker status says Closed and it was updated today Dec 22nd. My oath ceremony was on Dec 20th. Does this status mean they've mailed out my citizenship certificate?

Hello223

Feb 15, 2022
For those who applied as a family, did you receive an oath invite email at the same time? Did you do the oath together?

chizyjide

Aug 8, 2016
Has anyone got your certificate yet if your ceremony was 2 weeks ago?
i did my ceremony on the 6th of December 2022, and got my certificate the following week (less than one week) I even applied for a passport already. Application in Calgary.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My citizenship tracker status says Closed and it was updated today Dec 22nd. My oath ceremony was on Dec 20th. Does this status mean they've mailed out my citizenship certificate?
Hi is this the message you see as well?

**I am taking this as our Citizenship applications have been approved and we need to wait the posting of our Citizenship certificates.

**Please let me know if you see a different message.

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.
Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!
Within the next few weeks, you’ll receive documents and information for your next steps as a new citizen.