+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Weirdly application got updated today where it says "New update" against Test, background verification and application filed. They were all done 4 months ago and before. Did anyone went through same?

Last edited:

Hello223

Feb 15, 2022
Everything except Citizenship Oath has been marked as completed for me last November and I got two ghost updates after. Hopefully the oath ceremony invite comes soon. We took our test back in Feb.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Weirdly application got updated today where it says "New update" against Test, background verification and application filed. They were all done 4 months ago and before. Did anyone went through same?
The same has happened to me. Shows last updated Dec 16, 2022, while new updates are shown against items completed months ago.

Reactions: e_ca

kenjia01

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
Submitted all my passport pages exactly a month ago, finally got physical presence completed today. I guess now I'm just waiting for oath, hopefully the Scarborough office is quick on this matter...

Last edited:

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same situation here. My wife's application got "ghost" update last night. Got "new update" notification although there were done few months ago. Hopefully something is done on the application.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone knows the different stages of citizenship applications.

I passed the citizenship test in July, but nothing else has changed since then.

Is it true that when you get the invitation to do the citizenship test, you have passed all the other requirements or have I got this wrong?

Thank you
Hi from my understanding, it used to the case that the test was offered at the final stage, before decision and oath usually followed in 3-4 months. But now there is a different process and most people are invited for online testing. I saw one ircc document with the following stages mentioned:

eligibility (leading to AOR), e-test ready (ready to take the test), review (under process at local office), and finally decision made and awaiting oath. When one stage is completed, you go into the queue for the next stage.

So the short answer is no, test itself doesn't indicate anything as such. Apart from test, is everything else pending? Is your background complete?

It seems quite a number of people have passed their test earlier this year but are stuck.. many with background (security) pending.

goingtocanadasoon

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Took the oath of citizenship yesterday. We were about 150 people in the ceremony. Oath administered by a citizenship judge from Niagara region. Took about 3 hours to end the program. It was difficult to chop off my PR card into 4 pieces. We were told not to disrupt them by sending email for Certificate at least before waiting for 6 weeks.
Hopefully, everyone will get their turn soon!
Thanks for your reply. Did you go in person?

Reactions: mashcan

sambibi

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Yes same on Friday 16 but nothing changed