+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

goingtocanadasoon

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Finally, after what seemed like forever! Tracker updated on Dec 7th. Here's my timeline:

Jan 11, 2023
Scheduled for Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony

Dec 5, 2022
Activity status updated: Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony

Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress.
Nov 22, 2022
Activity status updated: Physical presence
Physical presence

Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
Nov 22, 2022
Activity status updated: Prohibitions
Prohibitions

Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
Nov 22, 2022
Activity status updated: Language skills
Language skills

Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
Jul 15, 2022
Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
Jul 1, 2022
Scheduled for citizenship test
Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between July 1, 2022 and July 21, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
Jun 24, 2022
Activity status updated: Background verification
Background verification

Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
Jun 24, 2022
Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
Jan 12, 2022
Application filed

I have some questions:

1. Will I get the oath details email a week or two before? How long should I wait before I hit the panic button? What should I do if I don't get the email?
2. My home country passport expired last month. Is it ok if I don't renew it and wait for the Canadian passport? Is it needed for the oath ceremony or something else?
3. After the oath, what's the current timeline to get the citizenship certificate and then the Canadian passport?

mashcan

Sep 4, 2019
Finally, after what seemed like forever! Tracker updated on Dec 7th. Here's my timeline:

Jan 11, 2023
Scheduled for Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony

Dec 5, 2022
Activity status updated: Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony

Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress.
Nov 22, 2022
Activity status updated: Physical presence
Physical presence

Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
Nov 22, 2022
Activity status updated: Prohibitions
Prohibitions

Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
Nov 22, 2022
Activity status updated: Language skills
Language skills

Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
Jul 15, 2022
Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
Jul 1, 2022
Scheduled for citizenship test
Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between July 1, 2022 and July 21, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
Jun 24, 2022
Activity status updated: Background verification
Background verification

Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
Jun 24, 2022
Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
Jan 12, 2022
Application filed

I have some questions:

1. Will I get the oath details email a week or two before? How long should I wait before I hit the panic button? What should I do if I don't get the email?
2. My home country passport expired last month. Is it ok if I don't renew it and wait for the Canadian passport? Is it needed for the oath ceremony or something else?
3. After the oath, what's the current timeline to get the citizenship certificate and then the Canadian passport?
1. I got my email 2 weeks before the ceremony. You should get it at least a week before the oath.
2. You don’t need passport rather you need your PR card and 1 other photo ID (I.e Driver License)
3. We said it would take 6 weeks to get the certificate.
Hope the answers help.

Moon1226

Jan 19, 2022
Hello!
Has anyone been asked to submit electronic copies of their passport through email? The email address seems right, but the rest seems fishy.
The date is formatted differently to previous documents and the 'request letter' is signed off
"Cordially,
Citizenship Official
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) does not provide assurance with respect to the protection,
confidentiality, or security of the information being received by email."

I missed the email coming through so need to act quickly to meet the time deadline.
Thanks!
I did, it looked very legit to me

mashcan

Sep 4, 2019
Took the oath of citizenship yesterday. We were about 150 people in the ceremony. Oath administered by a citizenship judge from Niagara region. Took about 3 hours to end the program. It was difficult to chop off my PR card into 4 pieces. We were told not to disrupt them by sending email for Certificate at least before waiting for 6 weeks.
Hopefully, everyone will get their turn soon!

feolu

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Took the oath of citizenship yesterday. We were about 150 people in the ceremony. Oath administered by a citizenship judge from Niagara region. Took about 3 hours to end the program. It was difficult to chop off my PR card into 4 pieces. We were told not to disrupt them by sending email for Certificate at least before waiting for 6 weeks.
Hopefully, everyone will get their turn soon!
Hi,
Seems like your office is Niagara just like me. Can you share your timeline pls.

Reactions: mashcan

winner1

Jun 1, 2017
How do you know what office administered your oath? I had a Toronto judge does that mean it was Toronto/ Scarborough? Just curious. Also just an update, my oath was December 8th and my certificate was mailed out on December 9th as per the Scarborough IRCC officer. I emailed them because I just wanted to be sure :)

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All I just took my Citizenship Oath and have now sent away for my Citizenship Certificate. Should get it in 4 weeks (approx).

Thank you to all who helped me with advice (including during my PR Time). Happy to help and give advice to anyone who needs it. Good luck to all those who have applied and are waiting.

winner1

Jun 1, 2017
Received my certificate today, oath was December 8th. This came faster than I thought, I believe the Toronto offices are really at it getting these out asap.

Reactions: snape

snape

Jul 2, 2022
Montreal
Visa Office......
Montreal
Received my Oath invite for 4th Jan.

• Dec 5, 2022 - Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
  • Aug 4, 2022 - Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
  • Aug 4, 2022 - Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jul 5, 2022 - Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jun 24, 2022 - You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 24, 2022 and July 14, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Jun 9, 2022 - Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jun 9, 2022 - Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Dec 22, 2021 - We sent you a letter or email asking for some additional information. Send us the information as soon as possible if you haven’t done so already.
  • Dec 22, 2021 - We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
  • Dec 21, 2021 - We received the documents you sent on December 21, 2021 and will review them shortly. We’ll contact you again if we need further information. Thank you!

Reactions: JoacRy

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received my certificate today, oath was December 8th. This came faster than I thought, I believe the Toronto offices are really at it getting these out asap.
Thank you for the info. congratulations on getting your certificate.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

• Jun 24, 2022 - You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 24, 2022 and July 14, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Dec 22, 2021 - We sent you a letter or email asking for some additional information. Send us the information as soon as possible if you haven’t done so already.
  • Dec 22, 2021 - We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
  • Dec 21, 2021 - We received the documents you sent on December 21, 2021 and will review them shortly. We’ll contact you again if we need further information. Thank you!
Congratulations and good luck. Happy to assist if you have any questions beforehand.

kenjia01

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017

Congrats on the oath! Looks like it took them 3 months to complete physical presence after language/prohib...Sometimes I wonder what they're doing lol.

Reactions: snape