+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

koukie

May 4, 2022
Nope nothing. Lost 5k tickets already. They actually told me same damn thing and same wordings when i called. Did they told you if they shipped yet ?
I have a flight in 2 weeks, I can't miss that. No, they told me, they will ship any day. I called them 23rd I believe.

Moon1226

Jan 19, 2022
Hello, I want to travel around april. My PR is currently expired and im waiting on my oath to be completed. Would there be a problem if I renew my PR and I got oath invitation without receiving it? I don’t want to risk not having a PR and not having a passport on April . Also if I renew it do I have to let them know or send a copy or something?

Anas_M88

Oct 12, 2021
Hi, Applied online Oct 10th 2021 - test completed end of July 2022.

On tracker everything is in progress except for test which is in completed status.

Anyone got oath invite while background check is in progress or status will change to completed first before getting oath invite?

Needed to know as I need to get my flight back to Canada accordingly if there is hope for me to get oath invite before holidays.

Thank you.
While it is possible that the background check would be updated at the same time as the oath, more likely there will be a lag between update of background status, decision made and oath. Since background is not completed, probably you're on the same boat with bunch of us, stuck in security screening and can't guess when it will be done and then updated by IRCC.

kenjia01

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
How long does it typically take from passport page submission to decision made for those who were asked to do so? I did mine 2 weeks ago but nothing was changed in the tracker. Not sure if there's an issue with my case since I traveled quite a bit during the eligibility period and there were many stamps in my PP.

Hello223

Feb 15, 2022
Hello. I passed the citizenship last February and finally got an update on my application this month. Everything except citizenship oath has been marked as completed. Citizenship oath is still "not started" but on ecas it shows that a decision has been made. How long does it usually take to get an oath date? I'm a little worried that it will take another 9 months for a new update. Thank you in advance!

dream11

Dec 16, 2017
Hello. I passed the citizenship last February and finally got an update on my application this month. Everything except citizenship oath has been marked as completed. Citizenship oath is still "not started" but on ecas it shows that a decision has been made. How long does it usually take to get an oath date? I'm a little worried that it will take another 9 months for a new update. Thank you in advance!
Good news is coming soon. I was in same situation where everything else got updated on Nov 3rd and by Nov 24th, there was update of Oath schedule to be on Dec 19th.

Reactions: Hello223

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hello, I want to travel around april. My PR is currently expired and im waiting on my oath to be completed. Would there be a problem if I renew my PR and I got oath invitation without receiving it? I don’t want to risk not having a PR and not having a passport on April . Also if I renew it do I have to let them know or send a copy or something?
No problem with having a PR renewal application in progress while you take your oath, and always wise to have a valid card until oath. I don't think it is necessary to inform IRCC of the PR card renewal. They would have the info.

Reactions: Moon1226 and km9203

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
@manmoi31 @sambibi

Both of you have gone silent on this thread. Have you had any progress at all? Nothing on my end, I'm afraid...

I saw two October applicants get test invites in October. No test invites at all in the whole of November... I think we have been forgotten :(

I honestly don't mind a 2 or even 3 year wait from application to oath, but considering I have had zero progress, I am starting to fear that the overall timeline may cross 3 years, which puts me (a US resident) in danger of giving up on my Canadian citizenship altogether...

Last edited:

Saima2022

Sep 20, 2022
Hello everyone. I applied for citizenship is July 2021 and pass my test in March . I received an update in tracker for oath invitation in sept. But I didn’t received any email for oath invitation I missed it. They told me I will be reschedule. Any idea how long they will take to send me for oath invitation. Thanks

aakash4287

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I received my oath invitation in email today. It is scheduled for 13th December. However, I have booked flights for December 7 which would make me unavailable for the oath ceremony. Do you have any suggestions on what should I do to reschedule it again to February?

Thanks

mosalah

Jun 19, 2019
I have exactly same timeline, waiting for oath invitation hopefully soon.

isingh9

Aug 28, 2017
Hey everyone ,

I got the update on tracker that my background check is complete. Language , Prohibitions and Physical presence is still in progress.
Any idea when can I expect the oath ceremony. I am in India and i will have to travel accordingly.

Here is my timeline

Canadian Citizenship Application
Online Application
Location at the time of application: Toronto
Submission date: July 17 2021
AOR date: Oct 9 2021
Test Date : 10 March, 2022
Background verification competed : Nov 25,2022