+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

mashcan

Sep 4, 2019
Finally, it arrives. Beginning of the end!
Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony

Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on December 13, 2022.

Thank you everyone whom helped by providing info in different stages.

Reactions: Varsh

deweyng

Jan 11, 2022
I called IRCC today (was able to get through after my 8th attempt!) and the agent told me that I have been scheduled to attend the oath ceremony in 2 weeks, but nothing shows on the tracker. She told me if I don't receive the instruction email 5 days before the oath date, I should call back so an agent could drop an email to the Scarborough office.

I tried to email the Scarbourhg office but it has been 3 days and I didn't see any responses yet (I wrote an email to them a few days before I called IRCC). Honestly, I don't know how they work there. I'm lucky that I can take a day off with short notice but some people don't have that privilege, and also there are people who have already made travel plan for the holidays.

Hopefully, I would receive the instructions email soon.

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Finally, it arrives. Beginning of the end!
Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony

Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on December 13, 2022.

Thank you everyone whom helped by providing info in different stages.
you got email?

Reactions: mashcan

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hello Everyone,

I received my oath invitation in email today. It is scheduled for 13th December. However, I have booked flights for December 7 which would make me unavailable for the oath ceremony. Do you have any suggestions on what should I do to reschedule it again to February?

Thanks
Respond to the email that sent you the oath invitation, advising them the reason for your unavailability, and asking for the oath to be reschedule. You cannot expect it to be rescheduled for a specific date or even rough timeframe. What you can do, is advise them when you will be back in Canada, and ask for it to be rescheduled then. They may reschedule it for a date soon after you are back or several weeks/ months after.

To avoid this, you could consider returning to Canada for the oath on December 7 or postponing your travel until after your oath.

Reactions: Shining Moon

sree12311

Sep 25, 2017
Finally DM, my timeline below. Does anyone know how much time will it take to get oath ceremony invite after DM?

Application history
  • Nov 25, 2022

Activity status updated: Language skills
    Language skills
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
  • Nov 25, 2022

Activity status updated: Physical presence
    Physical presence
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
  • Nov 25, 2022

Activity status updated: Prohibitions
    Prohibitions
    Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
  • Sep 20, 2022

Activity status updated: Citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Sep 14, 2022

Scheduled for citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between September 14, 2022 and October 4, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Sep 9, 2022

Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Feb 1, 2022

Activity status updated: Background verification
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
  • Dec 20, 2021

Application filed
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

prseeker2017

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Folks with last update on Nov-10, 2022 where all else except Oath ceremony was updated did you get Oath ceremony invite after Nov-10?

-Processing office - Scarborough
-Online applicant

Varsh

Dec 14, 2016
Hi everyone,

Finally got happy update on my file.
I just see these update today but haven't seen anything on Oct 17th or Nov 14th on my tracker

Time line

Online Application
App: Single
Physical Presence: 1,925
App Sent: Oct 21, 2021
App received: October 21, 2021
AOR: January 17, 2022
In Process: January 18, 2022

7 new update(s)

Nov 14, 2022

Language skills - Completed

Physical presence - Completed

Citizenship test- Completed

Background verification- Completed

Prohibitions - Completed

Citizenship ceremony - Not started

Application history

7 new update(s)

Nov 14, 2022

Activity status updated: Language skills

New update

Language skills

Language skills status has been updated to Completed.

Nov 14, 2022

Activity status updated: Physical presence

New update

Physical presence

Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.

Nov 14, 2022

Activity status updated: Prohibitions

New update

Prohibitions

Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.

Oct 17, 2022

Activity status updated: Background verification

New update

Background verification

Background verification status has been updated to Completed.

Jul 15, 2022

New update

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.

Jul 11, 2022

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between July 11, 2022 and August 1, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

Jul 11, 2022

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between July 11, 2022 and August 1, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

Jul 4, 2022

New update

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.

Jan 16, 2022

Application filed

New update

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
Received update on application.

Dec 20, 2022
Scheduled for Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on December 20, 2022. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation

However, I will have to reschedule oath as I will be traveling on 2nd January and I don't think so completing ceremony will help me get passport earlier than 2nd January.

Any other person looking to reschedule please let me know what's the process and when do they reschedule it again?

Again thank you everyone for the updates and insights. Glad to be in this group.

Reactions: manmoi31

Mubin8863@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2017
Hi all,
I am going to submit online application for myslef .however it says on cic website if you created account before November 13 you need to submit application by January 23 .. and if you created account after November 14 you must submit application within 60 days .
My question is I created my account on sep 14 and it’s already more than 60 days .. do i need to create another account and submit application from there ?

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Yes, completed my test last week and still waiting for other fields to get completed. They received my fingerprints and criminality is passed. Hopefully all goes green soon.

Congratulations for oath ceremony :)
Glad to see you got your test invite and successfully passed. You have indeed been kept waiting for too long.

Do you know if your file is still in Sydney or moved to a local office?

Reactions: manmoi31

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore

Dec 20, 2022
Citizenship ceremony
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on December 20, 2022. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation

However, I will have to reschedule oath as I will be traveling on 2nd January and I don't think so completing ceremony will help me get passport earlier than 2nd January.

Any other person looking to reschedule please let me know what's the process and when do they reschedule it again?

Again thank you everyone for the updates and insights. Glad to be in this group.
Congratulations on your oath invite!

Should you wish to reschedule your oath you can respond to the email through which you will receive your oath invitation. You can also send a webform.

Getting your passport issued between dec 20 and Jan 2 is definitely cutting it close, but not impossible. You could try requesting expedited delivery of the citizenship certificate and then apply for urgent processing of your passport.

Note that if you happen to hold a passport from a country that enjoys visa-free travel to Canada, you do not a Canadian passport to fly back to Canada. Your home country passport would suffice. Same, if you have a greencard. If you do not have a greencard and come from a country that does not enjoy visa-free travel to Canada, you could also consider re-entering Canada via land border in a private vehicle. You don't need Canadian passport for that.

Regarding rescheduling, the date of rescheduled oath is highly unpredictable. Can be weeks or several months. So you will be rolling the dice going with that option. If you don't have a problem waiting though, it is certainly a good alternative.

Reactions: Varsh and mashcan

aakash4287

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016

Dec 20, 2022
Citizenship ceremony

I emailed them the same day I received the oath request. They surprisingly replied the same day back to me saying the oath has been postponed until I am back in Canada (which I mentioned would be end of Feb). If things are cutting too close with passport, contact them asap and let me know about your travel plans.

Reactions: Varsh