+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Finally some movement in my application , 4 months after the test , all the status are completed except Oath. Parallel application of my spouse had the similar movement this week and a day after the all the status were moved into complete, she got the oath date of 22nd Nov . so I'm expecting something similar for my application. Such a relief..
can an app still get rejected after everything else is completed ? lol that would suck

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Finally some movement in my application , 4 months after the test , all the status are completed except Oath. Parallel application of my spouse had the similar movement this week and a day after the all the status were moved into complete, she got the oath date of 22nd Nov . so I'm expecting something similar for my application. Such a relief..
where is the oath section in the tracker? mine just shows 'citizenship ceremony' and its not started.

gustoronto

Jan 8, 2019
I applied October 10, 2021, online, the background check was completed on June 2022, but still no invitation for the test. Is it normal?

Husseinwahab

Sep 9, 2022
I've the same situation, in fact it's been 4 months to the day, since the test has been marked as complete.
I responded to test invitation email and called help desk (1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)) as well. but there wasn't any new update.
Agent basically mentioned that timeline is 25 months from Application date, also that it's a misconception that citizenship test means getting oatch ceremony in 3-4 months. so, what it means is "Wait for further updates".

though the agent validated the address, contact details and confirmed that no inputs or documentation is required at this stage, just wait and watch.
I don’t know how is the fucking system they are working in, you see applicants submitted in jan and feb 2022 and get the oath and some of them are fucked applicants have bad history and for security check they got it within days

on the other hand like my case, my family are all canadians wife and four kids and am pr since and applied for citizenship last
september, i did the test last july and stuck in security check and i have a very clean history

The immigration system should be updated as follows

1- formatting all the fucking staff and releasing them outside the country
2- employing new staff who knows the value of human rights
3- security system should be changed and applicants goes for security should be finched within 7 days including the holidays
4- processing duration should not exceed 90 days including the holidays

by this system canada will be lovely

when i studied discover canada actually i love canada so much and when i knew that my application stuck in security and i dont know what is go on just killing the time of my age, i started hating the day that arrived to this country

at the end the citizenship will be kept inside cabinet .

Reactions: Varsh

5Kent

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON
I don’t know how is the fucking system they are working in, you see applicants submitted in jan and feb 2022 and get the oath and some of them are fucked applicants have bad history and for security check they got it within days

on the other hand like my case, my family are all canadians wife and four kids and am pr since and applied for citizenship last
september, i did the test last july and stuck in security check and i have a very clean history

3- security system should be changed and applicants goes for security should be finched within 7 days including the holidays

when i studied discover canada actually i love canada so much and when i knew that my application stuck in security and i dont know what is go on just killing the time of my age, i started hating the day that arrived to this country

I feel your pain

Reactions: Varsh

fifi02

Star Member
Jul 20, 2022
did she get get an email with the instructions yet? My oath is also on Nov 22nd, haven't received any instructions yet

acnj

Sep 29, 2022
did she get get an email with the instructions yet? My oath is also on Nov 22nd, haven't received any instructions yet
No , nothing yet , I think 4-5 days before the ceremony is when everyone is getting the instruction emails.
so I'll continue to wait.

Reactions: fifi02

acnj

Sep 29, 2022

I feel your pain, try and ignore the status for few days at a stretch, I used to check the application once in 7-10 days. keeps the mind away from this.

acnj

Sep 29, 2022
where is the oath section in the tracker? mine just shows 'citizenship ceremony' and its not started.
I meant the same, its just citizenship ceremony section and application status is "waiting on you" and oath date is mentioned on top the page itself.

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020

i have a theory. in the past, many 'good' people leave as soon as they get their passports. The system wants the good people to be stuck in the process for the longest time so they keep working and paying taxes because they know once they get the passport, they can leave any time lol

just my theory.