+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

dkumar1988

Sep 23, 2019
Congrats! Quick Question, for Niagara Office - do they allow to pick the certificate in person? I am travelling outside Canada within a week after my oath, hence wondering I can get the certificate from their office the same day as oath or next day!

thanks
I really doubt they would allow you to pick up the certificate. But, you can expect to receive the certificate within 3 - 4 days.

Reactions: saou17

shahvishal679

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi Everyone, i have oath ceremony on 25th October but I haven't received any information from IRCC on how I can attend this ceremony. Any idea how long it takes to receive this information? My portal was updated on September 22nd. Applied online on October 6th 2021.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Hi guys, i just got a test invitation. Can I take the test anytime by signing in during the alloted 21 days time period or I will have to book a slot?
Also what study material should I refer to..thanks!
You can take the exam anytime within the testing period (this should be indicated in the e-tracker and the email). For test prep, the only source to use is 'Discover Canada' you can read it online or get order the print out (you can find it available at any Immigrant Settlement agency). Studying for it takes sometime, but you could give it an easy 1 to 2 hours per Day to read a chapter. Towards the last 2 days before you take the test, take about 4 hours to study to remember (summarize key info from the booklet into your own notes), make sure you are well prepared. You could also use some of those free apps to test your knowledge.

The test is fine in itself if you study well. One thing to do is to have your PR and ID ready and to know how to take them during the test day. Try watching the tutorials on how to do it. All the best.

smansuri97

Apr 9, 2018
App. Filed.......
16th august
Oct 4th apply online
Aor dec 21
June 9 test act
June 9 Background
Jun 17 schedule test
July 4th test pass
Oct 9 probh phy prese language skills completed
Oct 11 oath activity
nov 10 oath schd
updated 12th oct

my flights are booked for nov 22. What should i do? do i rescheduled the oath? will i make it before nov 22 for new passport and indian visa? experts please help and suggest.

Reactions: saou17 and siju22

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Oct 4th apply online
Aor dec 21
June 9 test act
June 9 Background
Jun 17 schedule test
July 4th test pass
Oct 9 probh phy prese language skills completed
Oct 11 oath activity
nov 10 oath schd
updated 12th oct

my flights are booked for nov 22. What should i do? do i rescheduled the oath? will i make it before nov 22 for new passport and indian visa? experts please help and suggest.
If you want to reschedule it there is no specific time frame . It can takes few weeks to few months. Not Guaranteed when you will be rescheduled . For Citizenship certificate you can ask them to ship quickly and then you can apply express passport which you can get in 2-3 days . Indian Entry visa processing time is around 5-10 days .

siju22

Jun 30, 2017
If you want to reschedule it there is no specific time frame . It can takes few weeks to few months. Not Guaranteed when you will be rescheduled . For Citizenship certificate you can ask them to ship quickly and then you can apply express passport which you can get in 2-3 days . Indian Entry visa processing time is around 5-10 days .
Watch out for the processing time for entry visa in every jurisdiction as for Toronto it's 45days processing time. @smansuri97

smansuri97

Apr 9, 2018
App. Filed.......
16th august
Thank you, do you guys think it is wise to take an oath on nov10? Or should I reschedule the travel dates or ceremony?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you, do you guys think it is wise to take an oath on nov10? Or should I reschedule the travel dates or ceremony?
Yes processing time from Toronto is 45 days sorry. I would recommend you to change your dates for travelling because it’s easy rather than postponing ceremony and then it will take forever for rescheduling again. You have to deal with hassle of emailing them , calling them . So postpone your trip. :)

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hi guys I’m an august 2020 applicant mississauga . Waiting for oath date. I got a ghost update on Friday but not sure what that means. Anyone know?

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Ghost update on Oct 7th, but there was no update till yesterday, Last activity was on Aug 23 when my test was marked as completed. Other than that only the BG check is completed.