+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Thank you very much for the advice. I think maybe I was reading too much of threads which made be overthink. But I really appreciate your response as I feel relaxed now and want to thank you for that.

Regarding my surname, I have started using that at work mainly in my email signatures like:
Jevan Boparai
Data Analyst
Xyz Company

I will be adding my surname via legal name change soon as I have realized the importance of surname in western countries. So, even if I am using my surname at work emails, I don't need to update IRCC?
As long as your official names you put on documents and such aren't any different. You are fine. For example if you had a health card or another name used for some official/immigration/identification document somewhere else then you would have to mention. Use your best judgement, but casual/pet names aren't a worry here and don't need to be mentioned.

Reactions: Jeevan1228

Jeevan1228

Sep 6, 2022
As long as your official names you put on documents and such aren't any different. You are fine. For example if you had a health card or another name used for some official/immigration/identification document somewhere else then you would have to mention. Use your best judgement, but casual/pet names aren't a worry here and don't need to be mentioned.
It's not mentioned anywhere on legal docs. Thank you for your response. I feel relaxed now. Maybe I was just overthinking.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
You mentioned your file was in Sydney CPC, same as me. Do you know if your entire case will be processed there or will it be moved to local office?

I am wondering if those of us being processed in Sydney CPC are the ones facing this severe delay...
My file is still at CPC Sydney and they are the ones who requested my finger print. It was written in the email that my application remains at CPC sydney for processing. I believe they will only forward to local office once BG is completed.
My secondary assigned office is Scarborough but file not transferred yet.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Varsh

Dec 14, 2016
Yes, still waiting for an update and I called IRCC to confirm and they said we don’t have any update yet. It might have delivered but officer did not process them as of yet.

Its going to be a year in 2 months—still background check and no test invite. I wish I could have applied paper. Paper May 2022 applicants got oath invite…:(
I am on same boat. I got my test invite and completed it by July 22nd. FP also submitted on July 22nd. I call ircc and they told me same that they have not either received it yet or if received, it's been not open to update my profile. I have test completed only and all other ( BG,LS,PP,Prohibition) in progress.
This is taking too long and not sure what can be next step as some people have received interview invite who did fp same week as me.

Reactions: manmoi31

CADparity

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Test marked as completed in June. Language, presence, prohibitions all marked as completed in August. Only background check is still in progress (no FP requested).

Anyone in the same boat - all completed except BG check? Usually it's the other way around - BG check completed first, then everything else later.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
I am on same boat. I got my test invite and completed it by July 22nd. FP also submitted on July 22nd. I call ircc and they told me same that they have not either received it yet or if received, it's been not open to update my profile. I have test completed only and all other ( BG,LS,PP,Prohibition) in progress.
This is taking too long and not sure what can be next step as some people have received interview invite who did fp same week as me.
I didn’t receive test invite as of yet. where did you receive fingerprint request from? i received it from CPC Sydney.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Thank you very much for the advice. I think maybe I was reading too much of threads which made be overthink. But I really appreciate your response as I feel relaxed now and want to thank you for that.

Regarding my surname, I have started using that at work mainly in my email signatures like:
Jevan Boparai
Data Analyst
Xyz Company

I will be adding my surname via legal name change soon as I have realized the importance of surname in western countries. So, even if I am using my surname at work emails, I don't need to update IRCC?
Since it isn't official yet, no need to update IRCC.

Jeevan1228

Sep 6, 2022
Also, guys I wanted to ask one more thing. Does work history on LinkedIn and citizenship application need to match? I had mentioned my correct history on the application. But on linkedin, I don't show one job and also I show different job title for one job that matches better with my current skills. Will that be an issue?

Reactions: 5Kent

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Also, guys I wanted to ask one more thing. Does work history on LinkedIn and citizenship application need to match? I had mentioned my correct history on the application. But on linkedin, I don't show one job and also I show different job title for one job that matches better with my current skills. Will that be an issue?
No, it doesn’t matter.

Reactions: 5Kent

5Kent

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON
That's not an issue at all. LinkedIn is a private company, and you are under no obligation to use it or, when you use it, provide truthful information about your professional or educational journey. Therefore, immigration officials do not care about discrepancies between the information you provide in your application and what you have on LinkedIn.

amirm202

Jan 12, 2022
Admin, kindly update on tracking:
Test done - sep 6 (also sent passport copies on this date)
Test updated as complete - sep 8
Language, physical presence, prohibition, and background still in progress.

Application type: Online
Physical presence: 1110 days
Application: Single
Application sent: Oct 8, 2021
Application received: Oct 8, 2021
Received AOR: Jan 12, 2022
In progress on ECAS: Jan 13 2022
Ghost update: June 16 2022
Request ATIP: July 30 2022
Received test date - August 15 2022 (email not received yet)
Test date range - Aug 19-sep 8 2022
Received oath taking date -
Actual oath taking date -

Moon1226

Jan 19, 2022
Admin, kindly update on tracking:
Test done - sep 6 (also sent passport copies on this date)
Test updated as complete - sep 8
Language, physical presence, prohibition, and background still in progress.

Application type: Online
Physical presence: 1110 days
Application: Single
Application sent: Oct 8, 2021
Application received: Oct 8, 2021
Received AOR: Jan 12, 2022
In progress on ECAS: Jan 13 2022
Ghost update: June 16 2022
Request ATIP: July 30 2022
Received test date - August 15 2022 (email not received yet)
Test date range - Aug 19-sep 8 2022
Received oath taking date -
Actual oath taking date -
hey when you sent your passport copies, did you just reply to the same email? Its confusing because the letter says *reply to this email* and the email says *do not reply to this email lol

amirm202

Jan 12, 2022
hey when you sent your passport copies, did you just reply to the same email? Its confusing because the letter says *reply to this email* and the email says *do not reply to this email lol
Yes replied to email since it's same address indicated on pdf letter