+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hello mafriend, congrats and thanks for sharing. I wanted to ask you, after you got the invitation for the oath, were you ever asked to input or confirm your current address? I am worried cuz I moved to a different place and I have tried calling IRCC almost daily to inform them, but the same dull recording keeps saying that “due to volumes they cannot even place the call on a hold”… so frustrating! I already have everything completed (got an update yesterday) and just waiting for the oath now. THANKS!
Have you followed these steps to update your address with IRCC?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html

Calling them is not the instructed way to advise them of the address change. If you moved within Canada, you should update your address online, and if that fails, send a webform. Please refer to the link above.

Last edited:

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
1250-we were in the breakout room, she checked everything needed, address, PR card, ID, asked us to cut the PR card into 4 pcs
Congratulations on becoming a Citizen!

What did you have to provide for the address? Just recite the address? Did it have to be a Canadian address? I live in the United States, and now I am wondering if that will be an issue.

Edit - Now that I think about it, I suspect the address confirmation is just so they can confirm where to send the citizenship certificate. Please let me know if you think otherwise though.

I have heard from fellow US residents that if you live in US, have come to Canada to take the oath and have to return to the US, you can request for expedited delivery of the citizenship certificate to a friend's/ relative's address in Canada.

Last edited:

b00li

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SG VO
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
04-06-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2017
What did you have to provide for the address? Just recite the address? Did it have to be a Canadian address? I live in the United States, and now I am wondering if that will be an issue.
It is a requirement to take oath here in Canada, you'll ahve to contact them if you're not here i think.

bobsponge2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Have you followed these steps to update your address with IRCC?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html

Calling them is not the instructed way to advise them of the address change. If you moved within Canada, you should update your address online, and if that fails, send a webform. Please refer to the link above.
Yes, I have followed what that link asked and it didn’t work (I don’t believe the ones that applied online are able to use those steps as the answer is always “we cannot find your application”). I also sent the web form but nothing has happened after that.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Yes, I have followed what that link asked and it didn’t work (I don’t believe the ones that applied online are able to use those steps as the answer is always “we cannot find your application”). I also sent the web form but nothing has happened after that.
I changed my address via webform and it took them a while to reply back... As long as you have already submitted the webform you are fine... They'll take care of it.

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Quick share on Oath experience:

1215 Scheduled time

1200-Logged in to zoom, changed Name to seat number XXX, XXX, XXX (family) - waiting to get into the main room
1220-We were all in the main room, (host will MUTE ALL); she gave an intro, and asked to prepare, Scissors, PR card, one ID
One by One we were brought to a breakout room, for pre checks
1250-we were in the breakout room, she checked everything needed, address, PR card, ID, asked us to cut the PR card into 4 pcs
1255-brought to Post check Room, waiting for everyone to get prechecked.
0110-everyone was already checked, ceremony starts
0110 to 0145 oath taking ceremony - oath was in english and french + singing of the national anthem (judge gives talk as well as 2 other guests, short video on canada, short video on PM welcoming new citizens) ; selfie time with judge and 2 guests and anthem singer
0145-post ceremony reminders on signing of the oath of citizenship
--Leave meeting---

**during Oath, the only time everyone is unMUTED in the ceremony, be aware that a small whisper is not a whisper in ZOOM, everyone can hear it, make sure there are no kids screaming at the background, or side conversations, always listen to the judge,, the only time to talk is during oath.
the judge was disrupted many times by side conversations, or kids talking or screaming, but she was so professional

thank you- hoping for a speedy and smooth process for everyone.

Sharing my timeline:
Application type: Paper
Physical presence: more than enough
Application: Family (myself , wife, daughter (8yrs))
Application sent: Oct 16, 2021
Application delivered: regular mail - no tracker
AOR: Jan 17 2022
Test Invite: April 08, 2022
Test taken: April 16, 2022
Test status updated on tracker: April 19, 2022
Fingerprint Request: (wife) April 21 2022
Fingerprint : May 5, 2022
Fingerprint Result Received: June 1 2022
ECAS DM: June 16
Oath status: JULY 26, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience and giving the Oath timeline. Also congrats on your Citizenship!

Two questions:
1. What were the pre-check conversations about?
2. How long after the Oath Ceremony until you have your passport in hand? It's quite a precarious time to be in Canada without a PR Card and no passport, in case you need to leave for some emergency or something.

Thanks

Reactions: km9203

b00li

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SG VO
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
04-06-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2017
Thank you for sharing your experience and giving the Oath timeline. Also congrats on your Citizenship!

Two questions:
1. What were the pre-check conversations about?
2. How long after the Oath Ceremony until you have your passport in hand? It's quite a precarious time to be in Canada without a PR Card and no passport, in case you need to leave for some emergency or something.

Thanks
just checking your IDs, and if you'rein canada, confirm your address, they ask to cut your PR card,,

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
It is a requirement to take oath here in Canada, you'll ahve to contact them if you're not here i think.
Yes, I am aware. I intend to come to Canada when time for oath. Just saying my address is American.

My question was - What did you have to do for the address? Just recite it for confirmation or anything else?

Another question - Did they confirm your home address or the address that you take the oath from? (I know this may be the same for most, but the distinction is important).

Last edited:

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Yes, I submitted a webform when I moved to US to update my address. This was back in Feb. I never got a confirmation that they updated my address, only an acknowledgement of receipt for my webform submission, and that took almost 3 months.

I don't think you need to do anything else.

b00li

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SG VO
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
04-06-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2017
Yes, I am aware. I intend to come to Canada when time for oath. Just saying my address is American.

My question was - What did you have to do for the address? Just recite it for confirmation or anything else?

Another question - Did they confirm your home address or the address that you take the oath from? (I know this may be the same for most, but the distinction is important).
yes, they ask if youre in canada, but never really ask if you're in the home address. just a generic are you in canada?

but they ask/confirm your address, probably to where the certs are mailed in.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Call them and you can update the address. I sent webform initially but after waiting for 45 days I called them and the IRCC agent updated it over the phone. You can't use the link to update the address if it's an online application. Only call or webform

b00li

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SG VO
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
04-06-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2017
Ahh I see! How long do you think it'll get you to have your new Canadian passport in hand? Is it a matter of 1-2 weeks?
oath certificate is around 2-4 weeks i think, plus passport 1-4 months,, but those are just rough estimates.