+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
No, I haven’t. Did you?
yes I did request 10 days ago…Your update gave me some hope that they did not forget us. I called numerous time they are just telling me to wait there are no concerns and last agent said you should wait to receive correspondence and next step should be test. I don’t know how long does it take. all I want my file to be moved i.e. test or BG complete and then I really not bother how long it will take to complete the rest.
Hopefully by god grace, I will see some updates

Reactions: Grechy7

Grechy7

Apr 12, 2018
yes I did request 10 days ago…Your update gave me some hope that they did not forget us. I called numerous time they are just telling me to wait there are no concerns and last agent said you should wait to receive correspondence and next step should be test. I don’t know how long does it take. all I want my file to be moved i.e. test or BG complete and then I really not bother how long it will take to complete the rest.
Hopefully by god grace, I will see some updates
Hopefully soon you will get your update too. I wish you the best luck

Reactions: manmoi31

kenjia01

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
I thought the 30 days deadline was for us to submit the fingerprints to RCMP and not for IRCC to receive results. Is there any specific contact number for RCMP to enquire about FP status? Thanks
Is it how the deadline is supposed to work? I am not sure tbh, but I called RCMP using one of the numbers on their website, don't remember how I found it though.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

NAAJ

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-12-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2015
Appreciate an insight on this:
So based on my call with IRCC, my BGC is ongoing, criminality is PASSED, security and eligibility is in process.
does that mean I won’t be called for FP since criminality is already passed by RCMP?
How long does it usually take for CSIS to respond on security check?
Is it customary for Scarborough office to wait for BGC to clear before sending test invite?

thanks!!

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Appreciate an insight on this:
So based on my call with IRCC, my BGC is ongoing, criminality is PASSED, security and eligibility is in process.
does that mean I won’t be called for FP since criminality is already passed by RCMP?
How long does it usually take for CSIS to respond on security check?
Is it customary for Scarborough office to wait for BGC to clear before sending test invite?

thanks!!
I believe they just started this new process that BG need to completed before Test invite but not sure though. I called them last week as well, they just said wait for correspondence regarding next steps and it should be test. I did ask about background she said its in progress and you will get to know once it’s started and completed. I did not ask about the components Criminality and Security. I should have asked them, will do if there are no updates.

When did you submit your application?

Hello223

Feb 15, 2022
I believe they just started this new process that BG need to completed before Test invite but not sure though. I called them last week as well, they just said wait for correspondence regarding next steps and it should be test. I did ask about background she said its in progress and you will get to know once it’s started and completed. I did not ask about the components Criminality and Security. I should have asked them, will do if there are no updates.

When did you submit your application?
Hello, just wondering, how long was the wait time when you called them? Also, around what time did you call? Thank you in advance!

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Hi all,

So I had my oath ceremony yesterday!

Here is my timeline:
Application sent: October 2021
Application filed: Dec 16th, 2021
Background complete: Feb 17th, 2022
Test scheduled: April 18th, 2022
Test completed: May 4th, 2022
Test activity updated: May 19th, 2022
Prohibitions, physical and language complete: June 6th, 2022
Decision made: June 6th, 2022
Oath status updated to in progress: June 27th, 2022
Invite email received: July 13th, 2022
Oath ceremony: July 25th, 2022.

My "check-in" meeting was scheduled for 10 AM. I clicked on the "check-in" Zoom link in my email about 15 minutes before 10 AM. Good thing I did because it actually required me to download Zoom even when opening the meeting in a web browser (Chrome on Windows). After downloading Zoom, the meeting window opened on the browser.

We were put into a "waiting room" and we were told what documents we needed. The woman telling us the info actually made a mistake... she said we needed three pieces of ID, that is incorrect. The form you receive in the email says two pieces of ID (PR card and driver's license for example). Each person was then taken into separate meetings with an IRCC officer. The officer confirmed my name, and address and that I have not committed any crimes. She then verified my PR card and driver's license. I was asked if I had travel booked for anytime soon. I do not. She then asked me to cut up my PR card into 4 pieces. They are tough!! Have a strong pair of scissors!! I was then told to come back at 1 pm for the ceremony.

At 1 PM, I opened the ceremony link in my email. I sat for 30 minutes and nothing was happening! I thought my internet had dropped or that I had been forgotten (lol). Finally, the meeting window opened. They had technical issues. There were over 200 of us in this ceremony meeting.
They checked that everyone was present in the ceremony and then it began. The judge spoke about indigenous people and the land we are on. We then watched a quick video about Canada. Then it was time to take the oath. We did it in English and French. We then sang the anthem and we were allowed to take a photo with the judge.

The staff then gave us instructions on how to submit our signed oath form and what to put in the email subject line... again, they gave us mismatched information compared to what was sent in the email instructions. I followed the instructions in the email form for what to put in the subject line as that seemed more complete. The staff seemed a little disorganised when it came to the information to provide us.

One other thing to note, at some points, we were unmuted while the Judge was talking. She had to repeatedly ask families to be quiet, as some were talking over her or children were screaming... some people did not stop or mute themselves when the Judge asked, and honestly, it seemed quite rude. Just be aware that even a whisper is loud on a video call and that everything you say can be heard when unmuted. It can make it hard to hear what is being said.

Overall, the ceremony was enjoyable but I wish they were back to doing in person ones!

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Hello, just wondering, how long was the wait time when you called them? Also, around what time did you call? Thank you in advance!
10 min wait, but you need to call from different number. If you used the same number on previous call with them the you will hear the agent are busy and disconnect.

Reactions: Hello223