+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
I called IRCC and agent advised me that file is with CPC Sydney and local office Scarborough Citizenship.
They said office will reach out for next steps once they are ready.

Any idea why my local office is Scarborough while my address is in Brampton?
So I called IRCC and asked them where my application would be processed (this was way back, I think before I even submitted).

They told me it is in most cases processed in the office closest to your residence. Since I lived in downtown Toronto, they said mine would likely go to GTA Central, but since GTA central is such a busy office, it could be transferred to other less busy offices, so I could end up in Scarborough or Missisauga or another office all together.

A friend of mine resides in Ottawa and her file got sent to Niagara falls because Ottawa office is over loaded.

For a Brampton resident, it is supposed to go to Missisauga. The fact that it is being processed in Scarborough may be because Missisauga is over capacity....

Reactions: A_S

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
So I called IRCC and asked them where my application would be processed (this was way back, I think before I even submitted).

They told me it is in most cases processed in the office closest to your residence. Since I lived in downtown Toronto, they said mine would likely go to GTA Central, but since GTA central is such a busy office, it could be transferred to other less busy offices, so I could end up in Scarborough or Missisauga or another office all together.

A friend of mine resides in Ottawa and her file got sent to Niagara falls because Ottawa office is over loaded.

For a Brampton resident, it is supposed to go to Missisauga. The fact that it is being processed in Scarborough may be because Missisauga is over capacity....
Thanks for the response, I believe Scarborough office is fast as compared to others and they are very responsive to their emails once. But we can only contact once we receive test invite.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

degm

May 31, 2017
It looks like the targets are for FY 2021-22, which has already passed. We don't have updated data for this year.
A member of this forum requested it several weeks back but they haven't provided the information. In any case the current state of online applications is aligned with the strategy laid out in the document.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Thanks for the response, I believe Scarborough office is fast as compared to others and they are very responsive to their emails once. But we can only contact once we receive test invite.
Historically, they have been known to be faster. From what I have heard recently (not verified, but through the grapevine), they are comparatively slow in scheduling oath after decision made. But they do schedule several months in advance. So that's good. If I was told I was scheduled, but the date is 4 months from now, that would be better than waiting with no end in sight.

Good luck to you, and do update us with the progress.

Reactions: manmoi31

rajesh_verma_jsr

Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
Doc's Request.
12-05-15 (updated schedule-A for spouse)
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
ECAS updated: 24-01-2015, processing started: 21-01-2015
Med's Request
06-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2015, Medicals Received: 17-02-2015
Interview........
NA (FBI Report reached NDVO: 30-03-2015)
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
Guys, no updates after completing the test on 31st of May...how long this ordeal will last!

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Historically, they have been known to be faster. From what I have heard recently (not verified, but through the grapevine), they are comparatively slow in scheduling oath after decision made. But they do schedule several months in advance. So that's good. If I was told I was scheduled, but the date is 4 months from now, that would be better than waiting with no end in sight.

Good luck to you, and do update us with the progress.
Yes will do, I applied on Oct 24 AOR Jan 17
no updates since then

Reactions: mashcan

Hmzmtl

Jul 5, 2022
Hello, anyone experiencing a delay with the finger print result from the GRC
Been a month now since i gave my fingerprint and still not got any respond.they said still in process due to high volume demands we have a delay
Whats the usual timeline
Thank you

sara_bb

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/05/2014
AOR Received.
17/03/2015
Med's Request
08/05/2015
Med's Done....
02/06/2015
Interview........
RPRF Req: 13/05/2015
Guys, no updates after completing the test on 31st of May...how long this ordeal will last!
I haven't had any update since I took my test in March 26th either. The test status was updated to complete on March 29th but nothing after that.

• Sad
Reactions: rajesh_verma_jsr

aakash4287

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Did you get your citizenship test email? whats the email id it was sent from?
'

Hi delsiee,

Did you take the citizenship test? I tried to sign in multiple times and it says you can't take the test right now.
I am just checking with people who got test invite on July 8th were able to login and take the test?

Anyone reading this can you please help. I have contacted the office that sent me the email and the technical department for this issue.

Thanks