+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
I do agree with this, and I hope it will improve.

Regardless, all our stats indicate it is not taking that long for most applications. It is more like 15 months, which I think is not bad.
Unproductive answer!!

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
I think it is too early to tell. If you look at early 2021 applicants, there appear to be roughly equal number of online applicants who made it to oath as paper applicants. It seems to me, the trend has been - a small percentage paper applicants are processed very quickly, within 10 months, and the other applicants are stalled. It's about that time that some online applicants get to oath (again small percentage), then it more or less moves at the same pace. Overall, I think it shows to be evening out. But only time will tell for sure.

I didn't know about that document you brought up about a small quota for online applicants (please do share should you find it), but it makes sense. When online applications first started, it was random selection only. I don't remember too clearly, but I think you did not get the option to apply online every time you went to the site. It randomly appeared, which I think was their way of controlling the number of online applications. At one point, I think around August 2021, the link became permanent. Then everyone eligible could easily apply online. I saw this as a sign that they are gradually getting more staff onto the online applications.

Now about the choice to apply online and you not knowing it would be slower. True, but it is also true that IRCC never claimed it would be the same speed. I called them and asked, and they told me, they just don't have the data to tell me which one would be faster. They did tell me that AOR for online is taking a long time currently, which I already knew, from these spreadsheets. At one point, (I think around August 2021) AORs for online applicants were 4-5 months behind paper applicants. So to be fair, we had that information here on canadavisa forum. Despite knowing that, I consciously made the decision to apply online, because it was convenient and safer (no chance of losing documents etc). I was also scared that in 2 years from then paper would be completely phased out and people who aren't approved on paper by then, would be left waiting for a very LONG time, as they left a skeleton crew with the paper applications. I went in accepting it is likely going to take longer to get AOR, but with the hope that in the long run in the latter steps it would even out.

At the end of the day, when any new system is introduced, there are always unknowns, and we all made a judgement call and did our best with the information we had at the time. I don't think there is any need to blame IRCC for this.

Now about 27 month timeline, I agree, that is too much... and I hope it will improve.
MY GOD!! Are you an IRCC apologetic or do you work for IRCC? cause your answer is unreal, as much I am trying to understand its logic! Do you think it is up to us to solve IRCC's problems? they received I don't know how many million dollars to clear the Immigration backlogs. They could have recruited tons of people, trained them, and moved along in no time if they wish!

siju22

Jun 30, 2017
I completed my test yesterday
When that reflect on my account to citizenship test completed
Quick question, You took the test outside Canada? Or did you return back before the test window. Please share your experience if outside Canada. Thank you.

aakash4287

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Hey Guys,

I have got the invitation for test to be taken from July 8th to July 28th. However, I tried to sign in yesterday (10th July) and it said "You can't take the test right now". I have emailed to the respective application office as instructed. Has anyone been through this who can guide me what happens next and how long should I wait for them to respond back to me?

Thanks

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
I think it is too early to tell. If you look at early 2021 applicants, there appear to be roughly equal number of online applicants who made it to oath as paper applicants. It seems to me, the trend has been - a small percentage paper applicants are processed very quickly, within 10 months, and the other applicants are stalled. It's about that time that some online applicants get to oath (again small percentage), then it more or less moves at the same pace. Overall, I think it shows to be evening out. But only time will tell for sure.

I didn't know about that document you brought up about a small quota for online applicants (please do share should you find it), but it makes sense. When online applications first started, it was random selection only. I don't remember too clearly, but I think you did not get the option to apply online every time you went to the site. It randomly appeared, which I think was their way of controlling the number of online applications. At one point, I think around August 2021, the link became permanent. Then everyone eligible could easily apply online. I saw this as a sign that they are gradually getting more staff onto the online applications.

Now about the choice to apply online and you not knowing it would be slower. True, but it is also true that IRCC never claimed it would be the same speed. I called them and asked, and they told me, they just don't have the data to tell me which one would be faster. They did tell me that AOR for online is taking a long time currently, which I already knew, from these spreadsheets. At one point, (I think around August 2021) AORs for online applicants were 4-5 months behind paper applicants. So to be fair, we had that information here on canadavisa forum. Despite knowing that, I consciously made the decision to apply online, because it was convenient and safer (no chance of losing documents etc). I was also scared that in 2 years from then paper would be completely phased out and people who aren't approved on paper by then, would be left waiting for a very LONG time, as they left a skeleton crew with the paper applications. I went in accepting it is likely going to take longer to get AOR, but with the hope that in the long run in the latter steps it would even out.

At the end of the day, when any new system is introduced, there are always unknowns, and we all made a judgement call and did our best with the information we had at the time. I don't think there is any need to blame IRCC for this.

Now about 27 month timeline, I agree, that is too much... and I hope it will improve.

Here is the document I was referencing. It states that online application decisions are capped at 5,000. Even more concernedly it for online applicants being processed in the Sydney office, who applied between Oct to Dec 2021, it states that they'll make "0" decisions in FY 2021/2022. Not sure what to think of this...

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/paper-online-atip-proof.769064/

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Here is the document I was referencing. It states that online application decisions are capped at 5,000. Even more concernedly it for online applicants being processed in the Sydney office, who applied between Oct to Dec 2021, it states that they'll make "0" decisions in FY 2021/2022. Not sure what to think of this...

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/paper-online-atip-proof.769064/
Thanks for sharing. At first glance, that does not look positive. I will read more when I get the chance.

Good luck to us all online applicants!

Reactions: GD.Iron.80

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016

It looks like the targets are for FY 2021-22, which has already passed. We don't have updated data for this year.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
I called IRCC and agent advised me that file is with CPC Sydney and local office Scarborough Citizenship.
They said office will reach out for next steps once they are ready.

Any idea why my local office is Scarborough while my address is in Brampton?

inq_54

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
CEC
I called IRCC and agent advised me that file is with CPC Sydney and local office Scarborough Citizenship.
They said office will reach out for next steps once they are ready.

Any idea why my local office is Scarborough while my address is in Brampton?
Mine is also Scarborough. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with our address.

The below thread makes we wish it wasn't Scarborough but it is what it is.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ircc-scarborough-applicants-online-test-interview-dm-oath.724014/page-246

Reactions: manmoi31