Single Application - Online
Physical presence: 1190 days
Application sent: Oct 1, 2021
Application received: Oct 1, 2021
AOR: Jan 26, 2022
Background completed: Feb 25, 2021
Test Invitation: April 28, 2022
Test Done: May 14, 2022 (18/20)

Do you know how long I have to wait after the test?

Samora

Mar 20, 2018
Can I call the ircc to ask about my citizenship update? I submitted my application on October 11 2021 and everything is in progress including the background check.

Reactions: Grechy7

dinh3phan

Nov 14, 2017
FP requested: Apr 25 for Spouse, went to Local Police on Apr 26 :)
Test invitation: May 09, 2022. Test date May 12 to June. Took on May 12.
About test practice:
- http://www.thecanadiantest.com/citizenship-test/ : not up to date, seemed more difficult, not so accurate but has a lot of question to practice.
- https://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship: thanks to someone in the forum, less question, also easier, seemed to be closer to the real test.
Quick note:
- Spouse had her webcam cut out several times during the test. She sent email to the address (in the invite letter). They acknowledged really quick, after minutes, said that they would notice the case officer. The status of test showed "completed" on the next day ( test had been taken on 12, showed "completed" at 13). Of course, IRCC has its own way to do the job: all items in her application show "in process" except for the test " completed". Happy, anyway !!!

Last edited:

dinh3phan

Nov 14, 2017
Hello, here is my information:

Single Application - Online
Physical presence: 1190 days
Application sent: Oct 1, 2021
Application received: Oct 1, 2021
AOR: Jan 26, 2022
Background completed: Feb 25, 2021
Test Invitation: April 28, 2022
Test Done: May 14, 2022 (18/20)

Do you know how long I have to wait after the test?
A week, maybe. If you experienced a web cam dropped out, sent them an email. In case of my spouse, they updated the statut the next day. I am still waiting, though.

Last edited:

Grechy7

Apr 12, 2018
Hi Folks,

Am not sure, if am seeing it right in tracker. I see September and November Online applicants getting test invite but October tracker is half empty specifically for online. Is this for real or it's not updated. Please share.

Thank you.
That's my case too :( Nothing since January when I received the AOR and I am an online single applicant.

Last edited:
Reactions: siju22

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Online tracking is so unreliable. Mine has not been updated since February when it says they were processing my application. I have since had an email invitation to do my test in April and sat my test second week of May and neither has been updated to my online tracker. I did send them an email to ask if check received my test results and have heard nothing. I guess it is just a waiting game.

koukie

May 4, 2022
October applicant, no activity since AOR from January. I recently contacted local representative and they decided to follow up with IRCC on my case as I need to process it for some business reason. Looks like they didn't even touch my file.

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on October 14, 2021.
  • The application was considered complete and an acknowledgement letter was emailed to the applicant on January 10, 2022;
    • if they have not received this letter and are between the ages of 18 to 54, they can find the guide here.
  • The next step will be to transfer the file to the closest IRCC office. This office will schedule an appointment for the applicant in due course, if necessary.
  • The criminality verifications have not been initiated.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • The immigration verifications have not been initiated.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application.
    • if the applicant needs to travel during this time, they should apply to renew their permanent resident card if they are eligible.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and the next step would be the citizenship test.

Anything we can do to accelerate the process ? I am an online applicant, in this rate, it will take more than 15/20 months to finish at least. This is extremely frustrating.

Reactions: pedromw

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Send a letter mail to:
CPC-Sydney
P.O Box 12,000
Sydney, NS
B1P 7C2

Tell them how unfair this is and ask if they can send your file to Kitchener for fast processing.

NAAJ

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-12-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2015
October applicant, no activity since AOR from January. I recently contacted local representative and they decided to follow up with IRCC on my case as I need to process it for some business reason. Looks like they didn't even touch my file.

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on October 14, 2021.
  • The application was considered complete and an acknowledgement letter was emailed to the applicant on January 10, 2022;
    • if they have not received this letter and are between the ages of 18 to 54, they can find the guide here.
  • The next step will be to transfer the file to the closest IRCC office. This office will schedule an appointment for the applicant in due course, if necessary.
  • The criminality verifications have not been initiated.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • The immigration verifications have not been initiated.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing timesfor this application.
    • if the applicant needs to travel during this time, they should apply to renew their permanent resident card if they are eligible.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and the next step would be the citizenship test.

Anything we can do to accelerate the process ? I am an online applicant, in this rate, it will take more than 15/20 months to finish at least. This is extremely frustrating.
Thanks for sharing… I don’t think local IRCC offices treat incoming files on “first come, first served” basis. Not sure how their system works, but maybe it’s more efficient for an officer to pick up a family file with multiple applicants rather than an a single online applicant (I.e. # of applicants processed per file).

Hila.sym

Apr 24, 2022
Online October applicant here. No update after AOR. I tried to call IRCC multiple times. I had no success. I do not know what to do.

sara_bb

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/05/2014
AOR Received.
17/03/2015
Med's Request
08/05/2015
Med's Done....
02/06/2015
Interview........
RPRF Req: 13/05/2015
I just saw in the spreadsheet that two of the November applicants are scheduled for the oath ceremony in June and one of them is an online applicant. But no decision made in October yet.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
October single online applicant, no news so far since AOR in Jan 21. Applied Oct 28. The rest is in progress. Very frustrating to see that paper applications are moving fast, and no words on processing for online. I hope we don't become the cursed applicants like the 2019 ones. Online November ones are getting test invites per the tracker. It's unclear if this depends on individual offices or just the general backlog. Had i known, I would have applied on paper. I thought IRCC wanted to encourage applicants to send online to minimize the risk of Covid and to reduce the carbon footprint (printing too many papers is not exactly good for the environment). I'll give it another month. If I don't receive any email invitation for the test, I will request info on my file via ATI. I hope the processing for online applicants fastens a bit.

Reactions: Grechy7