+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Hello,

I applied Oct 3rd and my AOR was Dec 20. Have not received any updates whatsoever so far since the AOR. Is it normal? I know the citizenship applications are taking so long but I am curious if mine is aligned with the average timeline specially that some ppl here have already done their tests and FPs.

Reactions: Shining Moon

MeghaThimmappa

Aug 2, 2017
Those of you who have sat your test and passed, how many times did you read the Discover Canada book? Were the questions quite straightforward?
I've read the book once and been doing the Richmond online quiz. Any other practice quiz recommendations?
I read the book twice and did Richmondhill Test 153 questions until I got all answers correct. and also youtube video with 400 questions. This helped me to get 20 out of 20.

Reactions: Samora and takolami

pedromw

Dec 20, 2021
Hello,

I applied Oct 3rd and my AOR was Dec 20. Have not received any updates whatsoever so far since the AOR. Is it normal? I know the citizenship applications are taking so long but I am curious if mine is aligned with the average timeline specially that some ppl here have already done their tests and FPs.
Hi,
I think your timeline is fine, I think that there is a number of elements that make some applications get processed faster than others like The location of the application, online or paper, single or family, the background of the applicant, how many travels he did and how long they last, the nationality and many other things that we don't know and of course some peoples are just lucky :D

sree12311

Sep 25, 2017
I am in the same boat where there has been no update. I checked with my MP and they informed me that no action needed from my end and that the application is being processed at Mississauga office. Is this particular processing location slow with applications?

Reactions: pedromw

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Hi,
I think your timeline is fine, I think that there is a number of elements that make some applications get processed faster than others like The location of the application, online or paper, single or family, the background of the applicant, how many travels he did and how long they last, the nationality and many other things that we don't know and of course some peoples are just lucky :D
Yes looks like there is no movement of online applications.Let's wait and watch.

Reactions: pedromw

b00li

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SG VO
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
04-06-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2017
Those of you who have sat your test and passed, how many times did you read the Discover Canada book? Were the questions quite straightforward?
I've read the book once and been doing the Richmond online quiz. Any other practice quiz recommendations?
i read once, and did the richmond online quiz,, you'll be fine,, the questions will not be exactly word for word like the practice quiz. they rephrase it. but if you have gone thru the book and did some quiz, you'll get it.

good luck

TasmanianTiger

Star Member
Oct 2, 2021
I didn't actually read the book. I downloaded the mp3 version and listen to it whenever I'm out driving. Must have listened to it over 5 times since it auto comes on when I get in my car. Then, did a series of practice tests, and that was it. I finished the test in 8 minutes and scored 19/20. As at the time I finished, my counter had like 23 minutes and some seconds to go.

Last edited:

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
hey guys, can we leave the country after AOR or do we have to wait till we get citizenship? Do I need to inform IRCC in case I am in the process of getting permanent residency in another country?

Lucky2016

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
hey guys, can we leave the country after AOR or do we have to wait till we get citizenship? Do I need to inform IRCC in case I am in the process of getting permanent residency in another country?
You can leave after AOR.
But you should do you Finger Prints inside Canada if you ever receive this request.
Test can be done from outside.
Oath must be done inside.
All the best.

No need to inform IRCC about PR application of another country. (May I ask you which country it is - Respond only if you wish to)
Not sure if you have to inform once you attain it. (May be someone else can shed the light)

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
You can leave after AOR.
But you should do you Finger Prints inside Canada if you ever receive this request.
Test can be done from outside.
Oath must be done inside.
All the best.

No need to inform IRCC about PR application of another country. (May I ask you which country it is - Respond only if you wish to)
Not sure if you have to inform once you attain it. (May be someone else can shed the light)
Thank you I didn't realize tests can be done from outside. I will be applying for my i485 for the USA in 2-3 months.

dalma11

Star Member
May 26, 2013
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27/08/2014
Doc's Request.
05/11/2015
Nomination.....
06/11/2015
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-02-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2017
LANDED..........
Inland
A small update for our applications, test updated to complete on April 29th ( we did our test on April 11th). Application is processed in Edmonton.

lolololololol

Feb 14, 2019
Yeah online applications are going to take those 27 months at least it seems. Easy to measure KPIs for an office by looking at stacks of envelopes (or lack thereof). Online applications are just data. Not visually visible = not a problem. If only humans could hibernate….