+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Sammy3

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Hello,

I got my current passport updated like a month ago. Do I need to notify IRCC regarding current passport renewals? If yes do I just send a scanned copy using webform?
I saw they mentioned to inform them regarding changes in contact info, address, marital status etc but nothing regarding passport.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Folks,
I am Oct applicant (paper based, family of 3), with AOR in December, and nothing afterwards.
How do we find out the related office from AOR mail ?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
I just completed my test... the hardest part was getting a clear photo of my PR card, lol ... my webcam is not HD so we will see if it gets approved.
I scored 20/20.
I studied by reading the Discover Canada book once, and doing the Richmond Library quiz and the APNA quiz. I found the APNA one most useful as it asks questions by chapter and when you redo them they are not in the same order so it really makes you think. The Richmond one is useful too though as it covers some questions that APNA quiz didn't ask.
I was so nervous before, I am glad it is over.

Last edited:

koukie

May 4, 2022
Everyone last year said Paper application is the slowest and IRCC is encouraging for online application. I applied online in October, only got AOR in January. Nothing since then. Now it looks like, Paper is the fastest and Online is the slowest.

What is wrong with online application ? any idea why they are not interested to process any of the online files ? Can we cancel online application and submit paper ?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Everyone last year said Paper application is the slowest and IRCC is encouraging for online application. I applied online in October, only got AOR in January. Nothing since then. Now it looks like, Paper is the fastest and Online is the slowest.

What is wrong with online application ? any idea why they are not interested to process any of the online files ? Can we cancel online application and submit paper ?
IRCC is planning to switch to online applications only in the next couple of years. I read in one of their internal memos that so far they are focusing their resources on paper applications to reduce the pile basically.

The real question is, is it worth cancelling after 7 months of applying? It's likely they will meet the service standard and complete your application in the 12 month timeframe, just probably towards the end of the period. Check on the spreadsheet for older online applications from your office and see if they're processed eventually and when? That's your best way forward before taking any drastic measures.

MeghaThimmappa

Aug 2, 2017

One of my friends applied online in October and she got the test invite and it's marked complete, all other checks are still in progress.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
IRCC is planning to switch to online applications only in the next couple of years. I read in one of their internal memos that so far they are focusing their resources on paper applications to reduce the pile basically.

The real question is, is it worth cancelling after 7 months of applying? It's likely they will meet the service standard and complete your application in the 12 month timeframe, just probably towards the end of the period. Check on the spreadsheet for older online applications from your office and see if they're processed eventually and when? That's your best way forward before taking any drastic measures.
Where can I find the spreadsheet?
Cheers.