+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

hirenbhaip87

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
I did my test yesterday (May 5th). I scored 19 out of 20. I studied for less than two days. I read the "Discover Canada" book once and did a number of practice questions online. Most of them have been shared on this forum already. Dalma11 also shared some of them on page 54 of this thread. I wish everyone the best.

My timeline:
Application sent: Oct 14th, 2021
Application delivered: Oct 18th, 2021
AOR: Jan 10th, 2022
ECAS in progress: Jan 12th, 2022
Background verification completed: Feb 17th, 2022
Online citizenship test request: May 3rd, 2022
Test window: May 4th to May 24th, 2022
Citizenship test done: May 5th, 2022
What kind of questions u got if u remember some of them than

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
What kind of questions u got if u remember some of them than
We are legally not allowed to share the exact questions that are asked - we agree to that when doing the test.
Some of them were "true or false" and some were multiple choice on my test.
If you do the Richmond library practice test and the Apna practice test then those will give you an idea of the kind of questions that could be asked although not exact.

Reactions: zionver

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Updated. You can try it again.
Tried but it's not working for me. I get the following error. While my application is in process. Was yours paper or online application.

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

zionver

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
We are legally not allowed to share the exact questions that are asked - we agree to that when doing the test.
Some of them were "true or false" and some were multiple choice on my test.
If you do the Richmond library practice test and the Apna practice test then those will give you an idea of the kind of questions that could be asked although not exact.
Very true. I also found this one very helpful among all the practice questions I did. Also, It is good to read the "Discover Canada" book as that is the official study guide for the test.

zionver

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Tried but it's not working for me. I get the following error. While my application is in process. Was yours paper or online application.
Wow! That is strange. I did not encounter that issue. I applied via the paper route. You can try to recheck all the details you entered. If it is still not working, then I believe you can also update using the web form.

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Wow! That is strange. I did not encounter that issue. I applied via the paper route. You can try to recheck all the details you entered. If it is still not working, then I believe you can also update using the web form.
The paper route makes sense. I read online that applicants are not able to change things via forms or even check application progress. they've to go through the webform.

zionver

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
The paper route makes sense. I read online that applicants are not able to change things via forms or even check application progress. they've to go through the webform.
Possibly that is the reason. I just checked now and the link still works for me.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Is everyone that applies for citizenship requested to do fingerprints? I see that most people's fingerprints are requested and background check completed prior to getting sent their test invitation.
I have not been requested for FP and background check isn't done yet I completed the test.

pedromw

Dec 20, 2021
Is everyone that applies for citizenship requested to do fingerprints? I see that most people's fingerprints are requested and background check completed prior to getting sent their test invitation.
I have not been requested for FP and background check isn't done yet I completed the test.
No, Interviews and/or fingerprints are not required for everyone. Each application has its own treatment policy based on what IRCC think is right. Sometime the applicant may have a full name shared by many individuals inside the country so that's why I think IRCC ask for FP. Of course there are many reasons that we don't know. Sometime it's just random or for quality process purposes.

Reactions: km9203

UM TOMI

Oct 19, 2016
If you passed the test and the results were invalidated and they sais this is due to tech issue, (disconnection issue) but, in fact , you didn't face any disconnections and your internet was good, your camera was on , everything was perfect. In this case , would you discuss the situation with them and explain that they are wrong and ask them to give you more details like which type of disconnection they saw that made them to invalidate your test.
Do you know anyone who had discussion like that ?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
If you passed the test and the results were invalidated and they sais this is due to tech issue, (disconnection issue) but, in fact , you didn't face any disconnections and your internet was good, your camera was on , everything was perfect. In this case , would you discuss the situation with them and explain that they are wrong and ask them to give you more details like which type of disconnection they saw that made them to invalidate your test.
Do you know anyone who had discussion like that ?
They'll likely have you do the test again I believe on MS teams? I am not sure you can dispute it.

Reactions: UM TOMI

dinh3phan

Nov 14, 2017
Application type: Paper
Fam
Physical presence: not sure but enough
Application sent: end of Oct, 2021
Application filed: 10 Jan 2022
In progress/update: 25 Jan 2021, 23 Feb 2022, 28 Feb 2022 - BG comppeted for an adult, updated- in progress for another; in progress, no update for kids.
No email has been received since the last time of Aor

It has been a while !!! Good to be back!
I believe some have update today because I saw one in my account for the test !

Reactions: rajesh_verma_jsr

shahvishal679

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi Everyone, i submitted an online application on 11th Oct. Did anyone received any test request. My AOR is Jan 5th no update after that.