+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

PhoenixRisen

Jul 13, 2022
I’m not asking exact questions. I’m just asking what type of questions do we have to study? Like any certain dates or anything?
The practice questions I linked are very accurate examples of types of questions you have to study.
Do you have to know dates? Well, once you read the Discover Canada booklet, you can use your judgement for which dates are important.

The test is not about trick questions and 'gotcha' scenarios.
They genuinely want to see if a good effort was made to study the book and gain knowledge of Canada's history, culture, politics, etc.

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
I got test invite on my application. No official email yet. I am currently outside of canada on family vacation an planning to take test from here.
Few questions:
Do i have to update ircc that i am outside Canada before taking the test?
Does it make a difference if i take test from outside Canada?
Does it make application slower and how does one update ircc that i am going to take test from outside of Canada?

Last edited:

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
I got test invite on my application. No official email yet. I am currently outside of canada on family vacation an planning to take test from here.
Few questions:
Do i have to update ircc that i am outside Canada before taking the test?
Does it make a difference if i take test from outside Canada?
Does it make application slower and how does one update ircc that i am going to take test from outside of Canada?
Congratulations on receiving test invite.

Yes you need to inform IRCC that you not in Canada and seek permission to take the test from there. I have never heard of them refusing.

The answers to your other questions, are not straightforward. I don’t think it anyone here can answer concretely, but only give opinions from what they have seen of other applications.

Personally, I don’t think it would impact the application negatively, in terms of the final decision. I do think it delays it, because they may have to check that you have returned to Canada or recheck your physical presence etc. I have heard of IRCC following up with people who took their test abroad and asking them to provide proof of their return to Canada.

If I were you, I would just take the test abroad if it is too disruptive to return just for it.

Reactions: e_ca

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I’m not asking exact questions. I’m just asking what type of questions do we have to study? Like any certain dates or anything?
Study the Welcome To Canada guidebook in detail and do the practice questions. You will be fine. You can't study for a specific topic or topics. The questions are wide ranging and test all aspects of the study guide.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Much awaited ghost update on my application, Oct 24 online AOR Jan 17
First Ghost Update : July 29
Second Ghost Update : August 1

how long does it take for BG to be completed and test invite after ghost update?

PhoenixRisen

Jul 13, 2022
Much awaited ghost update on my application, Oct 24 online AOR Jan 17
First Ghost Update : July 29
Second Ghost Update : August 1

how long does it take for BG to be completed and test invite after ghost update?
QQ - Have you done your fingerprinting yet?

I applied the same date as you, I got my AOR much later than yours (Feb 2), and I've already done my fingerprints and citizenship test.

PhoenixRisen

Jul 13, 2022
Also, for the kind person who is tracking and editing the info in the Google Sheets,
Here are my missing data points:
  • App type: Single
  • Applied Online
  • App Delivered: Oct 24th 2021
  • In process ecas: Feb 2nd 2022

Reactions: Shining Moon

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017

I applied the same date as you, I got my AOR much later than yours (Feb 2), and I've already done my fingerprints and citizenship test.
I didn’t get any fingerprints request. This is first time I saw an update on profile after AOR. I am hoping it would be test invite or background check completed.

a_tkd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Nomination.....
23-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
any idea what happens after two ghost updates? This is first time I got updates after AOR.
Based on my experience, you can expect to see BG completed and Test in progress tomorrow (fingers crossed). However each case is different.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Based on my experience, you can expect to see BG completed and Test in progress tomorrow (fingers crossed). However each case is different.
Thanks
my first update was on July 29th and Second was on August 1st. I was hoping to see something thing today. Hopefully in few days I will see BG completed or test invite.

Sammy3

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015

I have applied on the same date as well, Oct 24. Aor jan 18. Got my test completed july 18. Fingerprint submitted on july 12.