App. Filed.......
21-01-2018
AOR Received.
21-01-2018
Med's Done....
07-02-2018
Passport Req..
28-02-2018
Yes background check is completed, However, prohibitions, language and language skills still incomplete even after my interview
Oh okay keep us posted!

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Thanks for the info! When I logged in to check my app status on cic, there's a link that leads here, which shows that it must be done in Canada. However, I did not find that restriction anywhere else, or even in the letter emailed to me, so I assume it's good.
There is a mention of an IRCC webpage about an RCMP that you can contact about RCMP's accredited FP companies:

Accredited fingerprinting companies
Accredited fingerprinting companies are authorized to submit fingerprints to the RCMP's Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services (CCRTIS) for searches of the National Repository of Criminal Records. The results of these certified criminal record checks do not include information from other national or local data bases.

In addition to taking fingerprints electronically, several of these companies accept fingerprints that have been taken on paper, convert them to electronic transactions, and submit them directly to CCRTIS for processing. This service is also available to individuals whose fingerprints were taken outside of Canada.

Accredited fingerprinting companies are not authorized to conduct vulnerable sector checks but are allowed to fingerprint applicants who are referred to them by the police of local jurisdiction.

For a list of accredited fingerprinting companies, please contact us at CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca.

Reactions: Tara533

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
He wanted to check specific pages on my passport and had questions about my PR since I had got it through spousal category. Later, he had a specific question and said if I require any documents, I will send you an email. That’s it.

today when I logged in, all I saw was a ghost update. Nothing else was completed. So wondering what the ghost update is.
I think all is good in your case with the ghost update (it shows your application is moving ahead). If there is an issue IRCC will contact you. Also interviews are routine and they used to do them for almost everyone prior to Covid, as far as I know from people posting on forums talking about citizenship.

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
I think all is good in your case with the ghost update (it shows your application is moving ahead). If there is an issue IRCC will contact you. Also interviews are routine and they used to do them for almost everyone prior to Covid, as far as I know from people posting on forums talking about citizenship.
When you say “ moving ahead”for the ghost update what do you mean? Do you think I’ll get an oath letter soon? Nothing has been updated on the tracker though. The only two things that were updated since last year are the citizenship test and background.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
When you say “ moving ahead”for the ghost update what do you mean? Do you think I’ll get an oath letter soon? Nothing has been updated on the tracker though. The only two things that were updated since last year are the citizenship test and background.
I meant by moving ahead that someone is working on your file reviewing it and updating it as per what people post on these forums. Please don't take what I say as a bible verse! At least someone is looking at your file, better than mine sitting idle for months. Also maybe you'd get updates on the other sections. The oath letter is the last thing in the process. No-one knows for sure when it will be sent to you by email. Some people have said took them 8-11 months and are still waiting for updates after the test (check the thread about 2021 online versus paper applications). Some people get the DM then oath invitation quickly. No one knows. Each application is unique and different. Mine is really straightforward, yet been waiting since Oct 2021. No updates since AOR last January! Some people applied in December 2021 got their oaths already but mostly a few (not that many in the tracker). Hope this clarifies!!

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
I meant by moving ahead that someone is working on your file reviewing it and updating it as per what people post on these forums. Please don't take what I say as a bible verse! At least someone is looking at your file, better than mine sitting idle for months. Also maybe you'd get updates on the other sections. The oath letter is the last thing in the process. No-one knows for sure when it will be sent to you by email. Some people have said took them 8-11 months and are still waiting for updates after the test (check the thread about 2021 online versus paper applications). Some people get the DM then oath invitation quickly. No one knows. Each application is unique and different. Mine is really straightforward, yet been waiting since Oct 2021. No updates since AOR last January! Some people applied in December 2021 got their oaths already but mostly a few (not that many in the tracker). Hope this clarifies!!
I definitely agree! I applied back in August 2020! It’s been such a long process! Finally had the interview but now not sure how it went and saw the ghost update and got confused! But I appreciate you clarifying and answering ! Good luck to you as well! This whole process has just been soo long! Hope it gets resolved for everyone soon!

Reactions: saou17

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
I definitely agree! I applied back in August 2020! It’s been such a long process! Finally had the interview but now not sure how it went and saw the ghost update and got confused! But I appreciate you clarifying and answering ! Good luck to you as well! This whole process has just been soo long! Hope it gets resolved for everyone soon!
Thank you. I understand your frustration. Especially as some applicants (as seen in the tracker) are already at the oath level. I am sorry, I thought you were an October 2021 applicant, and not from Aug 2020. I wish you the best of success with your application as well. You deserve a resolution soon. I also was reading somewhere that Finger prints expire after one year. I hope this is not your case and your Background check is completed without them asking you again to resubmit the fingerprints.

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
I submitted the test on July 4th and my tracker got updated (citizenship test - completed) on July 5th.
Is the next step decision then oath ceremony? or first Oath then decision? What is the average timeline from after TEST- COMPLETED to the OATH ceremony?

tnx

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long does it generally take between completing the test and the next step? I did my test yesterday and still the Test is @ 'In Progress' stage.